Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

48 minutes ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Wait... what? What's the deal with these ones???

Well the Catana Fireclaw figure is an alter ego of Speed Cat, a character created by Catanas... and as she's the designer for Firestar the figure now exists. I just asked nicely, pulled a favour, did a secret handshake and designed a helmet of my own... and now that exists too.

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

Well the Catana Fireclaw figure is an alter ego of Speed Cat, a character created by Catanas... and as she's the designer for Firestar the figure now exists. I just asked nicely, pulled a favour, did a secret handshake and designed a helmet of my own... and now that exists too.

So I'm guessing that means figures such as these won't be available for regular retail then?

I've spent hundreds at Firestar over the years (just calculated it to be a ridiculous £983.62!!!!) but sadly have never spoken to anyone there... beyond the occasional complaint to customer service when I received the wrong thing :sceptic:

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

24 minutes ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

So I'm guessing that means figures such as these won't be available for regular retail then?

I've spent hundreds at Firestar over the years (just calculated it to be a ridiculous £983.62!!!!) but sadly have never spoken to anyone there... beyond the occasional complaint to customer service when I received the wrong thing :sceptic:

I think it's just that I'm friends with Kat rather than me being a Firestar customer. In fact I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with me being a customer. I used to do some design work for the company years ago including exhibition stand design and some of the press ads that appeared in things like Blocks magazine... but my contact at the time left the company a while ago so it turns out that pretty much just a coincidence. I was drawing up some helmets from RO and playing about with some other designs and it went from there.

I hope we get some updated phase 1 clone commanders like cody, rex, wolffe and also in thei phase 2 form

13 hours ago, Robianco said:

I think it's just that I'm friends with Kat rather than me being a Firestar customer. In fact I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with me being a customer. I used to do some design work for the company years ago including exhibition stand design and some of the press ads that appeared in things like Blocks magazine... but my contact at the time left the company a while ago so it turns out that pretty much just a coincidence. I was drawing up some helmets from RO and playing about with some other designs and it went from there.

Fair enough, can't argue with that.

How in the hell I spent nearly a grand on Lego however, I do not know. I hope my 8 year old is appreciate of daddy's anal retentiveness haha!!!

I added Kraven's fur trim to Cassian for his fur hood, I think it turned out alright.  Now I need to pick up some Firestar blue arms!

bG4YcMX.jpg

Edited by DrMuttonchops

On 7/9/2018 at 2:46 AM, DrMuttonchops said:

I added Kraven's fur trim to Cassian for his fur hood, I think it turned out alright.  Now I need to pick up some Firestar blue arms!

Very nicely done... gonna have to go all out now myself haha.

I've been meaning to do this for ages too, but wanted to make Leia as Boushh into a real bounty hunter before she took his gear, and old school 'glow in the dark' Voldemort's head is literally perfect for what old school Star Wars-Legends visualised the Ubese as. Just a rather expensive head... so here's an idea for anyone with the cash to waste!

3626bpx330a.jpg

900991-ubese.jpg

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

On 7/9/2018 at 3:46 AM, DrMuttonchops said:

I wish this came in black or dark brown for the upcoming Enfys Nest minifigure. Maybe it would get in the way of the helmet though. 

4 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

old school 'glow in the dark' Voldemort's head is literally perfect for what old school Star Wars-Legends visualised the Ubese as.

An Ubese group inspired by that picture is very high up my ‘to do’ list - I’d planned on using a Harely Quinn or Tonto head, but this Voldemort is perfect, great call man!!

17 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

I wish this came in black or dark brown for the upcoming Enfys Nest minifigure.

Unless you’re a purist, Firestar / Cape Madness do a fur collared dark brown cape, which I’ve earmarked for Enfys Nest

8 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

I wish this came in black or dark brown for the upcoming Enfys Nest minifigure. Maybe it would get in the way of the helmet though. 

Hi. Please don't quote images. Especially when they are big and on the same page.

Thanks!!

11 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Well credit where credit's due, 50% is my idea, the other 50% belongs to DrMuttonchops... I just happened to get all my parts in the mail first haha :grin:

in the words of dora the explorer... BACKPACK BACKPACK. BACKPACK BACKPACK. 

5 hours ago, fleetwoodd said:

in the words of dora the explorer... BACKPACK BACKPACK. BACKPACK BACKPACK. 

Problem is, unless you know a custom one that hangs low, unfortunately they won't be compatible with the neck fur.

I think I'll just stick with the arm printing on mine. *Searches for backpack

Realised I need an extra few Stormy arms once I noticed the Jumptroopers and Sandtroopers needed them too! A batch of five Blue Squadron arms should do the trick too...

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

I think I'll just stick with the arm printing on mine. *Searches for backpack

Realised I need an extra few Stormy arms once I noticed the Jumptroopers and Sandtroopers needed them too! A batch of five Blue Squadron arms should do the trick too...

I was just going to order stormie arms, then I saw this about sandtroopers! It truly is a never ending money pit. 

@Daddy_Stardust, that looks amazing! My arms are on the way, glad it looks so good! And I agree on the backpack difficulty, you'd either have to cut the back of the cowl to make room, or glue on the pack...

The images on the Firestar site often look like pretty grainy printing, but the products everyone has posted look stellar.

3 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

I was just going to order stormie arms, then I saw this about sandtroopers! It truly is a never ending money pit. 

Exactly. Jumptroopers too. Thankfully Snowtrooper arms are white with white armour so maybe no need for any print there.

1 hour ago, DrMuttonchops said:

@Daddy_Stardust, that looks amazing! My arms are on the way, glad it looks so good! And I agree on the backpack difficulty, you'd either have to cut the back of the cowl to make room, or glue on the pack...

The images on the Firestar site often look like pretty grainy printing, but the products everyone has posted look stellar.

Yeah. Their photographer really doesn't get the best shots for them. The helmets were another one that didn't look at their best from the FS site, but in hand and even with our own photos they all looked great.

On 7/13/2018 at 6:57 PM, Robianco said:

Exactly. Jumptroopers too. Thankfully Snowtrooper arms are white with white armour so maybe no need for any print there. 

I was thinking though - tank drivers from RO probably need them. 

24 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

I was thinking though - tank drivers from RO probably need them. 

Ha... I've gone for dual moulded for them. Syndrome I think?

Lego Star Wars Imperials

This photo was taken before the printed arm updates and the leg updates for the Snowies.

Edited by Robianco

19 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Ha... I've gone for dual moulded for them. Syndrome I think?

I've used the syndrome arms too, but I think the ones with the black shoulders are tank commanders. Tank drivers are just plain white. 

b161268a71GksfqGAEL._SY450_

Now you've got me... So is it more sensible to have two commanders and two regular?