Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

I dislike the colour of the resistance speeder pilot in the MF pack, Nodin Chavdri should be wearing colours much closer to Tallie's... but he doesn't have a neck scarf. what would be the best way to remove the neck scarf from Tallie's body - https://brickset.com/minifigs/sw884/a-wing-pilot-(tallissan-lintra)-(75196) ?

It's only a very small patch to remove. Would tape around the edge and some hard scrubbing with an eraser work?

42 minutes ago, fleetwoodd said:

I dislike the colour of the resistance speeder pilot in the MF pack, Nodin Chavdri should be wearing colours much closer to Tallie's... but he doesn't have a neck scarf. what would be the best way to remove the neck scarf from Tallie's body - https://brickset.com/minifigs/sw884/a-wing-pilot-(tallissan-lintra)-(75196) ?

It's only a very small patch to remove. Would tape around the edge and some hard scrubbing with an eraser work?

I guess... I don't bother with the tiny details myself, I don't notice them, but if you're a stickler for accuracy, then my preferred route is always a pencil eraser. Never seems to damage the shine of the plastic, usually gone in 2 minutes.

22 hours ago, Robianco said:

I've thought about that poncho for a while. Especially Leia's one from the Tydirium set. I wanted it slightly different though I've got a black suit Jedi Luke spare in case I find one. I keep an eye on eBay and various Facebook groups in case one of the ponchos shows up.. I'm sure we'll get an official one sooner or later.

It's worth noting that using Leia's poncho for Luke wouldn't be very accurate. Either way, good luck finding one, and let me know if you do. 

On 6/22/2018 at 9:31 AM, Robianco said:

I've thought about that poncho for a while. Especially Leia's one from the Tydirium set. I wanted it slightly different though I've got a black suit Jedi Luke spare in case I find one. I keep an eye on eBay and various Facebook groups in case one of the ponchos shows up.. I'm sure we'll get an official one sooner or later.

Capes4minifigs.com can produce the cape for you on request (but then unofficial). I have them producing one for me for Qui-gon, but now considering I'll get an extra for the luke. How many characters wear that cape? Luke, Qui-gon, any more?

(they have recently moved, so can only produce on request in a month or so, but I'm fine with that. I can imagine they would prefer to do more at a time)

3 hours ago, TWP said:

Capes4minifigs.com can produce the cape for you on request (but then unofficial). I have them producing one for me for Qui-gon, but now considering I'll get an extra for the luke. How many characters wear that cape? Luke, Qui-gon, any more?

(they have recently moved, so can only produce on request in a month or so, but I'm fine with that. I can imagine they would prefer to do more at a time)

Printed on a soft poncho material? Now that’s interesting...

7 hours ago, TWP said:

Huh, I could have sworn Tosche Station Luke had a similar poncho, but turns out it's just his Tatooine outfit with the hat. Guess I only need one then.

On 6/8/2018 at 9:41 AM, fleetwoodd said:

It's like it's totally wrong - just the black goes much further back on that helmet according to the visual guide, and on the sides. Blue 2 is much closer to Wedge's helmet and you didn't list him.

@ShadowStrike i just realised I forgot the "not" in there somehow! oops! It's *not* like it's totally wrong.

The really nice detail on Monsbee's helmet is the development of Sabine's Phoenix. That's yellow on the grey. Might have to redraw that as it's a really nice design.

12 minutes ago, Robianco said:

The really nice detail on Monsbee's helmet is the development of Sabine's Phoenix. That's yellow on the grey. Might have to redraw that as it's a really nice design.

I've been going back and forth on this today and I now think if you had wedge's helmet from sw089 and zev senesca's from sw826... Wedge's is probably better for Farns Monsbee after all (with the black/yellow marks on the... peak? and all). When my 2nd one arrives, I think I'll take an eraser to the sides of one of them (as poor old Monsbee has apparently not had much success at shooting down TIEs). Having the phoenix on the top would make it perfect, but I'm not brave enough for drawing/painting on my lego. 

Torius Chord's helmet is actually very close to the one Zev Senesca uses in ESB, so I made the switcheroo today. 

2 hours ago, fleetwoodd said:

I've been going back and forth on this today and I now think if you had wedge's helmet from sw089 and zev senesca's from sw826... Wedge's is probably better for Farns Monsbee after all (with the black/yellow marks on the... peak? and all). When my 2nd one arrives, I think I'll take an eraser to the sides of one of them (as poor old Monsbee has apparently not had much success at shooting down TIEs). Having the phoenix on the top would make it perfect, but I'm not brave enough for drawing/painting on my lego. 

Torius Chord's helmet is actually very close to the one Zev Senesca uses in ESB, so I made the switcheroo today. 

Wedge is one of my favourite characters so I'm foregoing accuracy just for him. I actually think the older (Grey) Wedge helmet looks way better than the more screen-accurate green one, so I'm just putting the grey one on my Red and Rogue Wedge figs and any fig who has anything close can have the naff green one or something else.

I was the same about the green one for a while until I saw it in the SW Costumes's book and it's very clearly green so I'm more comfortable with it now. I was just so used to it being grey in my head.

Rebels Pilots

Here's my OT Pilot collection.

I just miss the A-Wing pilot from Rebels and Grey Leader and Ten Numb from 75050 plus the new Gold leader's helmet

I can't wait for firestar's helmets

16 hours ago, Galaad said:

Here's my OT Pilot collection.

I just miss the A-Wing pilot from Rebels and Grey Leader and Ten Numb from 75050 plus the new Gold leader's helmet

I can't wait for firestar's helmets

Now might be a good time to visit the site then...

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

Yeah I just spotted them. Bought one of each Zal/Pops/Garvin. Photos don;t make the print look very pretty but I'll reserve judgement until I have them in hand

1 hour ago, LegoAldo said:

Yeah I just spotted them. Bought one of each Zal/Pops/Garvin. Photos don;t make the print look very pretty but I'll reserve judgement until I have them in hand

I know what you mean... But having mine in hand I can only say they look much better then those images make them look. I took a leap of faith and bought them without really seeing them. Krail's looks the worst on the images but looks great as I'm looking at it here.

That's why I took the close up photos to show how they looked rather than just saying it.

Edited by Robianco

Also eagerly awaiting my Firestar order.

I got the Jaina Solo figure last week and the detail and printing on the helmet (and the rest of the figure) is fantastic! I’m sure these helmets will be of equal quality.

5 hours ago, Robianco said:

Intrigued as to whether you’ll roll with the olive Red Leader or opt for the ochre? I think the re-painted one looks excellent I must say...

Also made the Firestar order, looking forward to getting nearer to completing my rebel pilot collection :)

I see there's just a few pairs of helmets left, they went quickly, there's just 1 of dinnes, 2 of krail and 4 of Dreis left!

I think this is a good day for firestar. I also completed a few minutes ago and a couple of helmets, arms, heads and weapons are on the way

Ahhh, missed out on Krail, do you know if any more will be available? 

They look great. 

Glad I didn't procrastinate too long on getting the new helmets before they went out of stock. I also chucked in few cheeky arms whilst I was there.

If the response from this forum alone is anything to go by this could be a very lucrative line for Firestar to pursue. 

Edit: just out of interest how many helmets went up for sale to begin with?

Edited by That Orange Thing

26 minutes ago, That Orange Thing said:

Edit: just out of interest how many helmets went up for sale to begin with?

20 of each for this run...

2 hours ago, Seaber said:

Ahhh, missed out on Krail, do you know if any more will be available? 

They look great. 

I'm sure they  will be... it just takes a while to print them as it's 3 different locations per helmet and they have to reset the jig each time. They'll probably keep going up in batches of 20 I'd think...

Glad I got mine in... hefty prices, though I'm sure they took a lot of work.

Now just need more snow speeder pilot legs, found a couple of cheap torsos, but couldn't find a seller with more than one set of legs locally yet (and damnit Firestar Toys usually always had them... until I need them haha!).

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

in the new Harry Potter CMF series, they just revealed "mid sized legs", which are a bit bigger than the "kids legs" but still have movability. This opens up so much possibilities...

3 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

in the new Harry Potter CMF series, they just revealed "mid sized legs", which are a bit bigger than the "kids legs" but still have movability. This opens up so much possibilities...

Definitely an interesting development. The level of detail on the Harry Potter figures is outstanding, as are the new molds. It just makes me want a Star Wars series more. I know all about the historical issues surrounding Star Wars CMF, I just can't believe that there's no chance of negotiating this, especially with the relative popularity of action figures nowadays. I'd have thought Disney and Lego would be pushing for it.