Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

9 hours ago, Robianco said:

I think they're due out later this week. I asked earlier and there's a small batch of Dress and Dinnes ready to go. I think they'll just be getting the Krail helmets ready and then setting the page up on the site.

I asked earlier and they said hopefully within the next week or two. Fingers crossed the production goes smoothly, will be ordering as soon as I see them!

8 hours ago, LegoAldo said:

They look amazing Rob! Will you switch out Wenton Chan for Surrel at some point to 'keep it canon'? I'm not sure I will since Surrel and Naeco would be wearing the same helmet.

Should be similar pattern but different colours. Maybe that's the next one Firestar could do. On the one hand, damn them for retconning Wenton Chan out... OTOH at least there'll only be one plain blue firebird helmet (Hard Binli) now.

5 hours ago, Robianco said:

One thing to note is the names of pilots during Rogue One are very close to the actors playing them:

Don't forget Toby Hefferman as Heff Tobber.

Bloody Star Wars and their bloody canon... Since when has Wenton Chan NOT been Red Eleven?!?!?! We even see him sat in an X-Wing for f***s sake!

I'll set the artwork up for Surrel myself if I have to...

5 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Bloody Star Wars and their bloody canon... Since when has Wenton Chan NOT been Red Eleven?!?!?! We even see him sat in an X-Wing for f***s sake!

To my understanding, in the new canon, Chan has not been identified by photograph, like he was in legend, and he just observed the battle going on from Yavin 4. Other pilots such as Ryle Torsyn (a Y-Wing pilot with a standard blue alliance firebirds helmet) who we see in the cockpit of a fighter in A New Hope aren't even canonical. 

Decided to go for the Major Brance face for Heff Tobber. And then realised I didn't want to buy another Major Brance and be left with a useless torso - or worse, go down the rabbit hole of buying another General Emmett as well to use the head and hair to make him in his Major guise from TFA...

Then i realised the head in sw892 is identical and I think I'm happy enough that it doesn't represent anyone closely enough to not swap it out. [edit: just had another look and from the costume it's Sgt Cobel Tansirch but a search doesn't reveal his face].

Hello Heff!

Edited by fleetwoodd

Lego Rebel Pilot Helmet PrintLego Rebel Pilot Helmet Print

If people wanted a close up of the print compared to Wedge's helmet by Lego. Not too different as far as I'm concerned. Actually flatter colour.

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

I just read the canon and the legends article about him on wookieepedia, two completely different stories, that site need to be revised more often I think

4 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

I just read the canon and the legends article about him on wookieepedia, two completely different stories, that site need to be revised more often I think

Or revised and settled on. If RO gave them a chance to wipe the slate clean and put faces to names and callsigns then fine. But just stick with it and don't change it from this point regardless of who writes a book.

Ok here's a curious moral question in regards to Firestar Toys' new helmets... would they, should they or could they actually make their own versions of the helmets that are actually available from Lego?

Whether it be updates to vintage helmets like Biggs and Porkins to be more screen accurate, or indeed release their own copies of say, (new) Wedge and Janson, for people who find it too expensive to obtain the official ones, is that a possibility? Is it a copyright infringement? But if so, would that be any different to them printing these other helmets that theoretically Lego could one day produce in the future (as they're doing with General Merrick's face)?

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Why the crap are LEGO still making the old helmets without the visor (instead it being printed on the face)?

They're still mixing them. It's soooo annoying. PICK ONE!!!

1 hour ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Ok here's a curious moral question in regards to Firestar Toys' new helmets... would they, should they or could they actually make their own versions of the helmets that are actually available from Lego?

Whether it be updates to vintage helmets like Biggs and Porkins to be more screen accurate, or indeed release their own copies of say, (new) Wedge and Janson, for people who find it too expensive to obtain the official ones, is that a possibility? Is it a copyright infringement? But if so, would that be any different to them printing these other helmets that theoretically Lego could one day produce in the future (as they're doing with General Merrick's face)?

I don't think FS will go there. I'm pretty sure the designer who puts it together doesn't want to do it either. They're more interested in parts to enhance or update a collection.

So how many helmets exactly are Firestar releasing soon and will Jaina Solo's be available by itself?

Also, what's the most affordable pilot to bricklink with printed legs? Don't care if they're snow speeder flight suit, x wing flight suit or blue squadron flight suit. Cos I'm going to need more pilots to go with these new helmets!

31 minutes ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Also, what's the most affordable pilot to bricklink with printed legs? Don't care if they're snow speeder flight suit, x wing flight suit or blue squadron flight suit. Cos I'm going to need more pilots to go with these new helmets!

Probably Dak Ralter. You can get him for about £4, at least you could a few months ago when I was building my hoth Rogue Squadron.

1 hour ago, LegoAldo said:

Probably Dak Ralter. You can get him for about £4, at least you could a few months ago when I was building my hoth Rogue Squadron.

Cool, thank you. Found some blue squadron and U Wing pilots for £4.00 and nearly ordered a few but wasn't sure if I'd be able to find cheaper than that without resorting to more vintage prints (and then i'll spend more money updating legs etc).

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

6 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Cool, thank you. Found some blue squadron and U Wing pilots for £4.00 and nearly ordered a few but wasn't sure if I'd be able to find cheaper than that without resorting to more vintage prints (and then i'll spend more money updating legs etc).

That’s about normal for the blue and u-wing at the minute. Hopefully not everyone jumps on our fun little wagon and supplies start to dwindle.

Edited by LegoAldo

I’ve actually got three Dak Raltar figures and one Zev figure with the new pilot uniform going spare at the moment. If you’re based in the U.K. I can do them for less than £4 each. Sorry to make a sale post in here...

33 minutes ago, Calanon said:

Does anyone have any suggestions for a face for Dunstig Pterro?

Well the rank insignia and the cylinders are identical to the officer on the DS.

The cheek bones and the face shape is almost withdrawn so maybe something like the Legolas head which is stern would work with it?
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb0735&name=Minifig, Head Dual Sided LotR Legolas Calm / Grimacing Pattern - Stud Recessed&category=[Minifig, Head]#T=S&C=90&O={"color":90,"iconly":0}

If not that then even a stern clone face? (I can't remember what fig this is from even though I'm sure I should)
https://www.lapetitebrique.com/en/lego-accessories-flesh-minifig-head/6494-lego-accessories-light-flesh-minifig-head-black-eyebrows-cheek-lines-white-pupils-frown.html

Dual sided head wouldn't work very well with the kepi, unless he scrubs one side.

If not that then even a stern clone face? (I can't remember what fig this is from even though I'm sure I should)
https://www.lapetitebrique.com/en/lego-accessories-flesh-minifig-head/6494-lego-accessories-light-flesh-minifig-head-black-eyebrows-cheek-lines-white-pupils-frown.html

I believe it's this one - https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=3626cpb1222&in=M ?

1 minute ago, fleetwoodd said:

Dual sided head wouldn't work very well with the kepi, unless he scrubs one side.

I believe it's this one - https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=3626cpb1222&in=M ?

I knew it was a stormtrooper head of some kind. Didn't realise it was the Rebels one... I sold all my Rebels Stormtroopers so no surprise that I couldn't place it. 

A bit of Brasso will soon get that second sided print off that head. Job done.

9 hours ago, Robianco said:

Lego Mon MothmaLego Purist Star Wars Customs

A little update to Mon Mothma and some purist things... 

Endor Luke could be improved with one of these. Unfortunately none are currently available on Bricklink or eBay, and I'm going to need two of my own, so good luck getting your hands on one. :)

Lego Minifig, Poncho Cloth (SW Qui-Gon Jin)

2 hours ago, ShadowStrike said:

Endor Luke could be improved with one of these. Unfortunately none are currently available on Bricklink or eBay, and I'm going to need two of my own, so good luck getting your hands on one. :)

I've thought about that poncho for a while. Especially Leia's one from the Tydirium set. I wanted it slightly different though I've got a black suit Jedi Luke spare in case I find one. I keep an eye on eBay and various Facebook groups in case one of the ponchos shows up.. I'm sure we'll get an official one sooner or later.