Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

Just now, fleetwoodd said:

Add to the fact Paril Ritta isn't a U wing pilot. I agree the stock figure works as Calum Gram. I need good bearded face suggestions for Heff Tober (Blue 8) if anyone has found one?

I'll be using the Poe Dameron head for Heff Tobber. The stubbled beard looks like it will work well.

36 minutes ago, LegoAldo said:

if you eBay search Ralo Surrel you'll see a couple of images of the same actor. Both clearly holding different helmets.

One of those images has been cropped from a larger image - google ‘rebel pilots rogue one’ - although in the uncropped image he’s holding the Green Seven helmet, so we’re back to square one again haha

The Jansony helmet still seems most obvious for Ralo imo...

32 minutes ago, fleetwoodd said:

I need good bearded face suggestions for Heff Tober (Blue 8) if anyone has found one?

I use the Alamut head

6 hours ago, ThousandMoon said:

Actually that’s just the way the picture has been cropped - the person holding the ‘Biggs’ helmet is Wion Dillems - which in itself is confusing as he’s shown to have the same (Wes Janson-esque) helmet as Puck Naeco. BUT the visual guide also states that he stepped in for Red Twelve (Puck) at Scarif, so that can explain the discrepancy I suppose.

Argh I see it now. That means Reds Eleven and Twelve will be plonked next to each other with the same helmet. I don't like that! :laugh:

47 minutes ago, LegoAldo said:

Argh I see it now. That means Reds Eleven and Twelve will be plonked next to each other with the same helmet. I don't like that! :laugh:

The helmets they hold in the visual guide are different from each other. Ralo Surrel's is Red and Black checked, Wion Dillems' is red and white checked. 

:laugh: I literally have *no* idea who all these crazy-named characters are that you all keep referencing. And I thought I loved Star Wars! I just build “pilot people” haha.

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

14 minutes ago, That Orange Thing said:

Just out of interest what is the visual guide everyone keeps referencing? 

I think it’s the Rogue One Visual Guide.

Lego Stormtrooper Printed Arms & E-11sLego Stormtrooper Printed Arms & E-11s

Group shot. 11 down. 22 to go! Just a BL order away from having the entire Yavin Red Squadron available.

Just now, Hold0511 said:

Sweet - they are looking mighty good.

They do. I have to say I'm increasingly impressed by the print quality they're getting out of their digital press. The Zal DInnes helmet I've just received is really good. The flat red could be pad printed on looking at it. Completely flat colour.

I don't know if they continually have to clean and calibrate the printer to keep it looking that good but I hope they carry on doing it. Although I was slightly better off financially when I dismissed it due to being digital. ;)

LEGO RED SQUADRON - BATTLE OF YAVIN

Well the BL order arrived. FS Arms added along with Zal Dinnes helmet. Dreis, Antilles, Darklighter, Brannon, Skywalker, Porkins, Binli, Dinnes, Naytaan, Nett, Chan & Naeco. 

2 minutes ago, stormtroopercaptain said:

Those troopers look great. Now I’m gonna be real broke. I’m going to have to 50 sets of arms for my full platoon. 

Whoops... yeah. Forgot about Sandtroopers too.

I wish they do clone troopers arm's next, but this will cost me a LOT

I think the red part of Zal Dinnes helmet looks a bit too pink.

@Robianco Could you take a picture from the side of the helmet ?

7 minutes ago, Galaad said:

I wish they do clone troopers arm's next, but this will cost me a LOT

I think the red part of Zal Dinnes helmet looks a bit too pink.

@Robianco Could you take a picture from the side of the helmet ?

It's definitely red. I've taken some of the saturated colour out but it's certainly brighter red than Jon D's helmet.

I'll take a photo and upload later on.

Firestar will create a good market here for sure. I'm in line for these helmets. Sincerely hope they pursue more helmet variations if these custom helmets prove successful for them. 

Would like to see them do various as-yet unreleased imperial officer torsos as well, I think there is quite some potential there, particularly army builders. Chief Bast, Admiral Motti, General Tagge and the standard Empire Strikes Back Lieutenant would be fantastic additions.

When do these new helmets come out??? Keep checking every day! Your line-up there is looking very nice.

Was thinking earlier, it'd be nice if Firestar released some old dark grey Imperial caps (that match the new ones), for anyone who's got vintage imperial officers.

14 minutes ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

When do these new helmets come out??? Keep checking every day! Your line-up there is looking very nice.

Was thinking earlier, it'd be nice if Firestar released some old dark grey Imperial caps (that match the new ones), for anyone who's got vintage imperial officers.

I think they're due out later this week. I asked earlier and there's a small batch of Dress and Dinnes ready to go. I think they'll just be getting the Krail helmets ready and then setting the page up on the site.

I think the main problem with the new caps would be matching the paint colour to the old grey. They'd have to be sprayed up before printing. I'll stick with requesting more helmets. :)

They look amazing Rob! Will you switch out Wenton Chan for Surrel at some point to 'keep it canon'? I'm not sure I will since Surrel and Naeco would be wearing the same helmet.

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

I think they're due out later this week. I asked earlier and there's a small batch of Dress and Dinnes ready to go. I think they'll just be getting the Krail helmets ready and then setting the page up on the site.

I think the main problem with the new caps would be matching the paint colour to the old grey. They'd have to be sprayed up before printing. I'll stick with requesting more helmets. :)

Awesome, looking forward to it!

Need to put in a big Firestar order, my Wilson Brothers of the Beach Boys needs a new second surf board for the roof of their palm-leaf covered 75875 Model A Ford Hot Rod, cos I hate one having stickers, so been holding off on the Tiki board for these helmets ;)

42835357422_274744f593_c.jpg

But I digress, thanks for the heads-up! And just out of curiosity, do all these characters you keep mentioning like Chutney Jim and Wooly Bully Handbag actually have lines in the movies? :roflmao:

26 minutes ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

But I digress, thanks for the heads-up! And just out of curiosity, do all these characters you keep mentioning like Chutney Jim and Wooly Bully Handbag actually have lines in the movies? :roflmao:

Haha... well... yeah. Most of them.

There’s loads of pilots that have just been given names over the years and you have no way of knowing who was who just based on watching the OT movies. I think over the last few years things have been smoothed out and Rogue One gave them an opportunity to give some faces to names.

Snowspeeder pilots are worse!! You only have to look at starwars.com and the amount of pilots named when we only actually see 6 pilots or gunners during the battle. Hobbie is mentioned over the radio but you don’t see him. There’s a few of them in the briefing that have been given names but you don’t see helmets for most of them.

One thing to note is the names of pilots during Rogue One are very close to the actors playing them:

Simon Farnaby is Farns Monsbee

Zarene Dallas is Zal Dinnes

Benjamin Hartley is Harb Binli

Edited by Robianco

On the topic of Red Squadron, does anyone know of good stand-ins for the astromechs of the pilots? I know R2-D2, R2-Q2, R2-X2, R5-D8, R5-F7 and R2-BHD have all been made into Lego before but not the rest. In fact I’m not even sure who the rest of the droids are besides Dreis and Wedges’ ones.