Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

50 minutes ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

God... I'm going to be poor! Who's the pink pilot? My EU knowledge is rudimentary at best, hence why I've never minded Disney rebooting it!

The pink uniform is actually based on a character that Cat has been developing over the years and this is her Rebel Pilot incarnation. She very kindly sent me on of those helmets so she’ll be in a regular flightsuit and be one of my Legends pilots.

32 minutes ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Yeah maybe not, just looks like the poor chap has had a stroke. :look:

Ha... that made me laugh. Fingers crossed the HP line reboot may give us a better version. I have a custom figure printed by a Flickr member called Hammerstein NWC who developed his own characters... this head might suit:

Over at NeonBricks Now!

For anyone with some extra parts... Riekann body / Dumbledore head / Captain Stacy hair...

I give you Pharl McQuarrie

Lego Pharl McQuarrie Purist Custom

On 6/10/2018 at 2:56 PM, Robianco said:

The pink uniform is actually based on a character that Cat has been developing over the years and this is her Rebel Pilot incarnation. She very kindly sent me on of those helmets so she’ll be in a regular flightsuit and be one of my Legends pilots.

I thought it was Stacy from those Pink Five youtube videos.

The Igbo mask Killmonger wears in Blackpanther might work for a Cloudrider Gang Member. 

On 6/12/2018 at 10:25 AM, Robianco said:

For anyone with some extra parts... Riekann body / Dumbledore head / Captain Stacy hair...

Very nice!

Was he in the movie?

2 hours ago, Forresto said:

The Igbo mask Killmonger wears in Blackpanther might work for a Cloudrider Gang Member. 

Very nice!

Was he in the movie?

He appears once or twice in Echo Base prior to the evacuation. He was General Rieekan's second-in-command if memory serves.

On 07/06/2018 at 8:31 PM, ShadowStrike said:

[ ---- Hoth --- ]
Rogue One - Luke Skywalker and Dak Ralter (2014 set)
Rogue Two - Zev Snesca (2017 set) and Kit Valent (2010 Zev Snesca)
Rogue Three - Wedge Antilles and Wes Janson (2016 set)
Rogue Four - Derek Klivian (2007 Dutch Vander) and Kesin Ommis (Snowspeeder Microfighter Pilot)
Rogue ? - Will Scotian (2017 set)

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere on this thread, but when the UCS Snowspeeder figs were announced at SW Celebration '17, the Will Scotian fig was actually named as Kit Valent, and was only changed to Scotian before the set was released with Scotian as the Gunner. As far as I can tell there is nothing in Legends or Canon placing Will Scotian in a Snowspeeder with Zev Senesca. He was Blue Three at Hoth. Based on this, I'm using the Scotian helmet as Kit Valent's, and the old Pilot Luke helmet with the single red stripe and plain red insignia for Kesin Ommis (His helmet had a wider red stripe but this'll do). I actually just realised the custom Merrick head on Firestar could work well for Ommis too!

Star-Wars-Kesin-Ommis-Empire-Strikes-Back-Snowspeeder.jpg

Edited by LegoAldo

The Merrick head will be very useful when released in the Advent Calendar. Merrick, Ommis and Keir Santage! The Biggs head will work for Harb Binli.

28 minutes ago, Robianco said:

The Merrick head will be very useful when released in the Advent Calendar. Merrick, Ommis and Keir Santage!

...and Red Twelve ;)

Also the Merrick helmet can be used for Gold Three (Evaan Verlaine) for anyone wanting to add more female pilots 

On 6/12/2018 at 3:25 PM, Robianco said:

This is great - I’ll be copying this for sure so thanks - will throw the new Ellie Sattler legs into the mix as well...

18 minutes ago, ThousandMoon said:

...and Red Twelve ;)

Also the Merrick helmet can be used for Gold Three (Evaan Verlaine) for anyone wanting to add more female pilots 

You mean Red Eleven Ralo Surrel or Green Twelve Wion Dillems?

Yeah. I've seen that reference for Verlaine. Definitely getting used for that. Even more reason to pick up several of the Merrick figures.

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

You mean Red Eleven Ralo Surrel or Green Twelve Wion Dillems?

No there is an unidentified pilot from RO, wears a red helmet with a light brown tache.

Also I think Blue Twelve (Paril Ritta) wears the classic white with blue Phoenix (Binli / Ralter) - fairly easy to get hold of.

5 hours ago, Robianco said:

The Merrick head will be very useful when released in the Advent Calendar. Merrick, Ommis and Keir Santage! The Biggs head will work for Harb Binli.

I didn't wait for the official Merrick and Biggs heads.. Firestar Merrick and Firestar Cocky arrived this morning for Ommis and Binli respectively. They look good! Also thinking I'll go with the dark tan hands across Blue Squadron as the colour really pops against the firestar sleeves.

25 minutes ago, ThousandMoon said:

No there is an unidentified pilot from RO, wears a red helmet with a light brown tache.

Also I think Blue Twelve (Paril Ritta) wears the classic white with blue Phoenix (Binli / Ralter) - fairly easy to get hold of.

I just came across him. His helmet looks pretty exotic, shame it isn't shown in the Visual Guide :(

When Merrick address the council, there's another unidentified blue squadron pilot holding that helmet but it is most definitely not Paril Ritta. It looks like it's this guy https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7181893/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t150 to me. I can't find any remotely canon appearances of Paril Ritter/Blue 12 where he even has a helmet... he's not credited in the movie either.

2 hours ago, ThousandMoon said:

I've got 6 Zin Evalon and another Theron Nett on their way to me. With the Luke and Biggs bodies from the upcoming X-Wing that will give me 9 more X and Y Wing Pilots to work with. Binli, Dinnes and Naytaan first. Verlaine will be second Merrick helmet so a little wait for that one. I've also got a couple of the female pilot heads on the way. Same as LegoAldo there's an older Luke Red Five helmet on the way for Ommis. I've got around 16 pairs of pilot arms on the way too. I should have 10 pairs of the Stormy arms at the same time so I'll get to get a group shot of Stormies with those and E-11s. 

19 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I've got 6 Zin Evalon and another Theron Nett on their way to me. With the Luke and Biggs bodies from the upcoming X-Wing that will give me 9 more X and Y Wing Pilots to work with. Binli, Dinnes and Naytaan first. Verlaine will be second Merrick helmet so a little wait for that one. I've also got a couple of the female pilot heads on the way. Same as LegoAldo there's an older Luke Red Five helmet on the way for Ommis. I've got around 16 pairs of pilot arms on the way too. I should have 10 pairs of the Stormy arms at the same time so I'll get to get a group shot of Stormies with those and E-11s. 

Total can of worms. I only just realise that Zal Dinnes is the new Canon Red Eight where I was using Bren Quersey, so I guess my Reds will never be canon-complete :( I'm using the T16 helmet for Nozzo but not keen to start painting parts, so it'll have to do without the red stripe. Eagerly awaiting the Red Leader helmet on Firestar, but until then I'll probably concentrate on Blue Squadron. Those printed arms are ace!

35357153_10215976583868101_8796132836554833920_n.jpg.bb6c290a0178d0f00b069fcb6a571490.jpg

3 hours ago, fleetwoodd said:

I can't find any remotely canon appearances of Paril Ritter/Blue 12 where he even has a helmet... he's not credited in the movie either.

If you look in the visual guide he is actually holding a helmet - it’s completely white on the side with that linear diamond with circle marking, which I think narrows it down to the classic Binli/Ralter rebel helmet.

8 hours ago, ThousandMoon said:

If you look in the visual guide he is actually holding a helmet - it’s completely white on the side with that linear diamond with circle marking, which I think narrows it down to the classic Binli/Ralter rebel helmet.

i'd never noticed that tiny sliver of helmet! But from the angle we're looking at and the tiny amount of helmet on show, it could also be the same as either Chaff Korus (plain helmet, but Red not blue), Pedrin Gaul (Red 5, because the grey under the hump at the side probably wouldn't be visible at that angle), Broan Danurs (for the same reason as Pedrin Gaul. helmet is same as Pops from Gold Squadron... so apparently an option when firestar update their site next, if you don't want a ton of identical helmets) or it could also be the same as Green Twelve's helmet, but that is used elsewhere for another "unidentified x wing pilot".

I wonder if some extras were unavailable for reshoots. until there's a face in the right skin tone (without a beard) from either lego or firestar, I probably won't be making him anyway.

Edited by fleetwoodd

Want another spanner in the works? I've now seen two different pics of Red Eleven Ralo Surrell holding different helmets. One with Biggs' helmet and one with a Janson-style pattern. The rabbit hole just gets deeper.

12 hours ago, LegoAldo said:

Total can of worms. I only just realise that Zal Dinnes is the new Canon Red Eight where I was using Bren Quersey, so I guess my Reds will never be canon-complete :( I'm using the T16 helmet for Nozzo but not keen to start painting parts, so it'll have to do without the red stripe. Eagerly awaiting the Red Leader helmet on Firestar, but until then I'll probably concentrate on Blue Squadron. Those printed arms are ace!

If you’re happy with Firestar parts then your Dinnes option won’t be out of the question for long...

5 hours ago, fleetwoodd said:

it could also be the same as either Chaff Korus, Pedrin Gaul, Broan Danurs... or it could also be the same as Green Twelve's helmet...

With the exception of Chaff Korus, all those other helmets have subtle details/colours around the indents.

The only helmets with solidly plain white sides are the two with the lone blue and red starbird - now if you want to be reallly beady eyed in terms of props used for RO etc - the dirt on these two helmets is a different colour (tan and black respectively), so I’m happy that the helmet he’s holding is the blue one.

5 hours ago, LegoAldo said:

Want another spanner in the works? I've now seen two different pics of Red Eleven Ralo Surrell holding different helmets. One with Biggs' helmet and one with a Janson-style pattern. The rabbit hole just gets deeper.

Actually that’s just the way the picture has been cropped - the person holding the ‘Biggs’ helmet is Wion Dillems - which in itself is confusing as he’s shown to have the same (Wes Janson-esque) helmet as Puck Naeco. BUT the visual guide also states that he stepped in for Red Twelve (Puck) at Scarif, so that can explain the discrepancy I suppose.

If you’re happy with Firestar parts then your Dinnes option won’t be out of the question for long...

Just how many helmet do they intend to make !? I'm gonna be so broke!!

Can we have a pic of the U-Wing Pilot (microfighter) with firestar's arms ?

Edited by Galaad

8 minutes ago, Galaad said:

I think the Dreis, Krail and Dinnes helmets are going to be the batch of three for now. I think the printing has to be done in three stages so it’s time consuming. Especially with the arms and heads they’re also doing. I have always been cautious about digital print after early Poppunkmunky figures had very raised print... but I’m really happy with these. I think FS have done a great job in filling our pilot ranks.

and no... I don’t work for them. :)

Edited by Robianco

3 hours ago, ThousandMoon said:

Actually that’s just the way the picture has been cropped - the person holding the ‘Biggs’ helmet is Wion Dillems - which in itself is confusing as he’s shown to have the same (Wes Janson-esque) helmet as Puck Naeco. BUT the visual guide also states that he stepped in for Red Twelve (Puck) at Scarif, so that can explain the discrepancy I suppose.

I'm new on this forum. Not sure how the attachment allowance works so can't add photos for some reason, but if you eBay search Ralo Surrel you'll see a couple of images of the same actor. Both clearly holding different helmets.

40 minutes ago, Galaad said:

I've taken a photo of the U-wing pilot with the FS arms but can't upload it til I figure out Eurobricks attachment allowance :D

Here you go. Not the best lighting, sorry. I've seen people saying this fig is Paril Ritta, but due to the skin colour I don't buy that. As-is, the U-wing pilot works well as Calum Gram. Regarding arm-print, personally, I feel there is too much of a colour difference between the tan torso print and the white on the arms, but dark tan hands might tie the look together a bit. That torso print is definitely more screen-accurate, but if I'm using the printed arms I reckon I'll go all out on Y-wing pilots for the characters that wear the old-style helmets, and just have a few of these figs with plain arms to mix it up a little.

42832121031_9e8d42b41c_z.jpg

Edited by LegoAldo

Thanks for the pic.

The issue come from lego, dark tan wasn't the right option as the blue flightsuit is the same, only the gear is different

5b62769a8c13068ea42819129e4d0f52.jpgbarion-raner-337903457a72b0421ad2bee339e

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

I think the Dreis, Krail and Dinnes helmets are going to be the batch of three for now. 

So I guess I'll need to keep my extra Zin Evallon pilots for those helmets and order a few more orange arms

39 minutes ago, LegoAldo said:

Here you go. Not the best lighting, sorry. I've seen people saying this fig is Paril Ritta, but due to the skin colour I don't buy that. As-is, the U-wing pilot works well as Calum Gram.

Add to the fact Paril Ritta isn't a U wing pilot. I agree the stock figure works as Calum Gram. I need good bearded face suggestions for Heff Tober (Blue 8) if anyone has found one?