Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

13 hours ago, Forresto said:

I do wish it was a teensy bit smaller, just a smidge. 

We'll see. 

For me the most important comparison is against a Tie Fighter Pilot's Helmet, in universe they seem relatively close in size though I could be wrong.

Well, TIE fighter helmets were made by combining the rebel pilot helmet with a stormtrooper helmet and painting it black, so they should be about the same size

2 hours ago, fleetwoodd said:

i can't PM you :(

maybe a similar image will start floating around the interwebs soon anyway ;)

You can PM after you've posted more than 10 times. So go find a couple topics to contribute to and then you can PM him.

6 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

You can PM after you've posted more than 10 times. So go find a couple topics to contribute to and then you can PM him.

thanks for the heads up!

I've just realised something about the new pilot helmets that I don't think anyone else has brought up - there's actually going to be a few ships they won't be even compatible with. The Snowspeeders and Sandspeeder for example have such tiny amount of head-space clearance between the helmet and canopy that there's no way the canopies would close with these new helmets on the figures.

54 minutes ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

I've just realised something about the new pilot helmets that I don't think anyone else has brought up - there's actually going to be a few ships they won't be even compatible with. The Snowspeeders and Sandspeeder for example have such tiny amount of head-space clearance between the helmet and canopy that there's no way the canopies would close with these new helmets on the figures.

Maybe that will force them into a more accurate canopy design

23 hours ago, Robianco said:

Maybe that will force them into a more accurate canopy design

Well even if they did change the shape, they'd have to raise the height which would throw the proportions off. 

The new helmets are the ugliest thing i've ever seen. Completely out of scale and proportions. The old mold was great as it was. I'll definately stick to the old ones.

The helmets weren't actually shown right? What we're seeing is a leak?

What are the chances its a prototype that will be shrunk a little?

3 hours ago, Forresto said:

The helmets weren't actually shown right? What we're seeing is a leak?

What are the chances its a prototype that will be shrunk a little?

they look pretty big still in the official images - 75218-1.jpg?201805180231

there's been a leak of a character from fantastic beasts and guess what - he's got a chin strap printed on one side of his face (like luke and biggs should have had!). if his 'tache had been black not brown I think it'd have been a day one update (assuming both sets release on the same day).

Anyone have a photo of a load of stormtroopers with the printed firestar arms? I'm about to get a load, but worry that they'll look too 'busy' and break up the white if their armour too much. 

Quick question, which pauldron design do people prefer?

1: Lego Minifig, Armor Pauldron Cloth with Black Neck and 4 Thin Gray Stripes Pattern, Thin Border

2: Lego Minifig, Armor Pauldron Cloth with Black Neck and 2 Black Circles Pattern, Thick Border

I did prefer 2 for a long time, but to be honest I'm coming around to one, especially since there is now a white and orange variant.

1 hour ago, Calanon said:

Quick question, which pauldron design do people prefer?

1:

2:

I did prefer 2 for a long time, but to be honest I'm coming around to one, especially since there is now a white and orange variant.

I have always preferred the newer one (1), as I thought that was more detailed. But I've never really compared the two. You make an interesting point. Looking at the movie shots I would still think 1 is more accurate, but I can see how some folks would prefer 2. The black showing in the movie appears to be a part of the underside pauldron sticking out.

We know Range Troopers are coming soon. Their most prominent feature is huge magnetic boots. Dual molded legs, are a no brainer.

Color accuracy though is another problem since everything waist down is a variation of grey. Maybe grey pant with white boot? Or white pants with grey boots? 

However given TLG's record it's unlikely we'll actually get dual molded legs with printing or a satisfactory solution for thr mag boots in the official release.

So only going by what we know the troopers on screen look like what are our options for potential dual molded legs? 

Edited by Forresto

Quick question:

What helmet do you guys recommend for an accurate Luke's "Red Leader". Currently building a Red Five X-wing and undecided what direction to go for the figure.

Thanks to the community in advance!

15 minutes ago, Jollygrnreefer said:

Quick question:

What helmet do you guys recommend for an accurate Luke's "Red Leader". Currently building a Red Five X-wing and undecided what direction to go for the figure.

Absolutely the helmet coming out in the new X Wing this summer. The MOST accurate design as of yet.

~

I'm partly kidding. Helmet accuracy has been a rigorous debate this past month. Some people love the upcoming hlemets most dont, I'm on the undecided side myself.

There are some serious Rebel Pilot Helmet lovers on this thread so you've asked in the right place though.

39 minutes ago, Jollygrnreefer said:

Quick question:

None of the available helmets really make for a good Garvin Dreis minifigure. I think the only one that even comes close is Luke's helmet.

7 hours ago, Forresto said:

We know Range Troopers are coming soon. Their most prominent feature is huge magnetic boots. Dual molded legs, are a no brainer.

Color accuracy though is another problem since everything waist down is a variation of grey. Maybe grey pant with white boot? Or white pants with grey boots? 

However given TLG's record it's unlikely we'll actually get dual molded legs with printing or a satisfactory solution for thr mag boots in the official release.

So only going by what we know the troopers on screen look like what are our options for potential dual molded legs? 

I think white and grey legs are in the Big Bang Theory set, but you'd have to rub off a lot of printing. To me it looks like light bley legs and a white Kama would work though, and if it has the grey printed on, the Kama would disguise the missing printing on the sides and back.

Do people know what sets the Pointed Mouth variant of the FO stormtrooper comes in? Like, when did they start adding them into sets? Apparently the print was changed to reflect TLJ version of Stormtroopers, which could be seen on the executioner mini figure.

1 hour ago, TheGeneralMoe said:

Do people know what sets the Pointed Mouth variant of the FO stormtrooper comes in? Like, when did they start adding them into sets? Apparently the print was changed to reflect TLJ version of Stormtroopers, which could be seen on the executioner mini figure.

The FO speeder battlepack and, afaik, that is it. 

27 minutes ago, Calanon said:

The FO speeder battlepack and, afaik, that is it. 

Apparently it's only in some of them, which is annoying because imo the TLJ version looks 10 times better.

Edited by Ebkas

14 hours ago, Jollygrnreefer said:

Quick question:

Definately the Olive Green helmet from the Resistance Bomber Set, imo...

Looking forward to getting back off holiday to photograph my Red Squadron again with Garven Dreis leading things up.

2 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Looking forward to getting back off holiday to photograph my Red Squadron again with Garven Dreis leading things up.

wh wh wh wh what!??

On 5/26/2018 at 12:01 PM, Daddy_Stardust said:

An interesting observation, one I didn't see myself. With this in mind, I don't think a generic Snowspeeder update would be out of the question within the next few waves, with, as Rob states, an updated canopy piece to accommodate the new helmets.

5 hours ago, Renown said:

An interesting observation, one I didn't see myself. With this in mind, I don't think a generic Snowspeeder update would be out of the question within the next few waves, with, as Rob states, an updated canopy piece to accommodate the new helmets.

I think those new helmets look just as daft as the next man, but after watching ANH yesterday, I paid special attention to the helmets. They do actually look very similar to the new mold. I think we've all gotten use to the old helmets - on screen they actually look much to big and really round!