Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

9 minutes ago, TWP said:

Hmm, that uniform looks almost grey, could that be a plain grey officer's uniform or is it just black and looks grey because of the lighting?

Definitely grey.

It also looks like a different kind of tunic, a more standard cut with a center seam instead of the WW1 german pilot styling we're used to with imp officers.

4 hours ago, Ebkas said:

Yeah, they are too long. I personally prefer it like this to the original arms.

Personally I think the longer arms throw the proportions off. 

That uniform that the gunner is wearing in that image is a re-used officer uniform. If lego where to replicate it it would be in the dark grey colour. The jump suit Navy Troopers where seen operating the Death Star Hanger in ROTJ.

That’s the image that was used on the backing card for the Death Squad Commander figure from Kenner... maybe why they made the figure with a grey uniform.

On 2018-04-04 at 3:37 PM, Daddy_Stardust said:

Nicely done, where are the custom parts from?

Looks like minifigcat for the rifle and shoulder pad. The clip is probably from BrickArms and I am unsure of what is being used as the scope.

... and now I am torn between BrickArms's MG34 or that rifle for a DLT-19.

4 hours ago, Frike said:

Looks like minifigcat for the rifle and shoulder pad. The clip is probably from BrickArms and I am unsure of what is being used as the scope.

... and now I am torn between BrickArms's MG34 or that rifle for a DLT-19.

Correct on all counts. Scope is part of a WW2 German grenade.

Has anyone tried putting the mimban stormtrooper hooded cape on the rotj Luke yet? Obviously Luke wore a brown hooded cape but the grey one could work.

On 3/25/2018 at 3:52 PM, Robianco said:

I'm putting in a special request to have black emblems printed on grey arms too.

https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Parts/Minifigure-Custom-Design-Arms/44295-Custom-Design-Arms-~-Imperial-Navy-Crewman-~-Pair.html

Just seen these - is it a result of your request I wonder? If it is, thanks very much... It's going to cost me a fortune to arm-up my imperial forces! ?

22 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Parts/Minifigure-Custom-Design-Arms/44295-Custom-Design-Arms-~-Imperial-Navy-Crewman-~-Pair.html

Just seen these - is it a result of your request I wonder? If it is, thanks very much... It's going to cost me a fortune to arm-up my imperial forces! ?

There is a slight chance that is the case :)  If you think that's bad... wait until the stormtrooper arms arrive!

3 minutes ago, Robianco said:

There is a slight chance that is the case :)  If you think that's bad... wait until the stormtrooper arms arrive!

Oh good grief, that's going to cost me a fortune!

9 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

Oh good grief, that's going to cost me a fortune!

Me and you both, mate. I'm about to hit the 30 mark for Stormtroopers. 

Those arms are freaking nice! Their prints don't look out of place compared Clone Army Customs & LEGOs quality. About  the Stormtrooper arms - I have 62 of the 585s, rip my wallet. :(

13 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Nooooooooooooooooo! I literally only checked that page yesterday and they weren't there!

Wallet time...

Thankfully I only have 4 crewmen (2 of whom are AT-ST drivers), but still, ugh, this isn't fair haha!

I see they've also got a pretty nice custom Kyle Katarn now too (way too expensive for me though when the only things custom are the head, arms and torso)):

FST082_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

And although I have no use for these at all, they're cute little accessories for those who want to inject humour into their collections (got the old Aurebesh Twi'Lek girl poster tile they did, however these are too daft for me, although I do find them amusing):

CP087_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80CP088_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

13 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Shouldn't this print, with those cylinders and a datapad, be on black arms for Imperial pilots (possibly the ground crew from Rogue One too)? I would very much like Imperial logos on my AT-ST drivers and technicians but the grey arms should just be plain like the other print that they are selling.

2 hours ago, Frike said:

Shouldn't this print, with those cylinders and a datapad, be on black arms for Imperial pilots (possibly the ground crew from Rogue One too)? I would very much like Imperial logos on my AT-ST drivers and technicians but the grey arms should just be plain like the other print that they are selling.

Actually they're screen accurate for the scanning crew :)

latest?cb=20130305054258

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

4 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Actually they're screen accurate for the scanning crew :)

latest?cb=20130305054258

Guess I'm off to purchase some printed arms then!

3 hours ago, Frike said:

Guess I'm off to purchase some printed arms then!

Me too, but I spy some inconsistencies in uniform. What do folk think for the following:

Imperial ground crew - imperial symbol clearly seen on arm... definitely order arms. 

7f8b0e7cf1823bee57d577c8a7e8319a

Imperial gunner - majority of images show imperial symbol on the arm whether it's the jumpsuit style or leather style uniform. When watching ANH however, I didn't spot the symbol at any point during the Death style firing sequence... definitely arms. 

_MG_5733IG_CRLMainFinal

Imperial shuttle pilot - the imperial symbol doesn't appear to be present on anyone actually piloting a shuttle

shpilots3shpilots1

But all these dudes lined up on the Death Star clearly have the symbol... arms for some, not for others?

vlineup02

Imperial naval trooper/ death star trooper - guys wearing tunic style uniform never seem to have a symbol, but guys wearing jumpsuits with naval helmet do have symbol... arms for jumpsuits, not for tunics? 

images

AT ST pilot - definitely have imperial symbol, but are missing the control panel bit - arms or not?

Atstcrew

Either way, it's a wallet buster!

26 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

Me too, but I spy some inconsistencies in uniform. What do folk think for the following

I think you've got the right idea. Jumpsuits get logos, tunics do not. However it doesn't help that the costumes seem to be terribly inconsistent between each movie. Ideally FireStarToys would release both their prints on black and grey arms, that would solve those issues.

The legs on the new patrol trooper look like they would work well for a scout trooper the black is only printed on the front but it’s better than no boots. 

Also the helmets  are dual molded and look awesome. 

On 25-4-2018 at 12:37 AM, stormtroopercaptain said:

The legs on the new patrol trooper look like they would work well for a scout trooper the black is only printed on the front but it’s better than no boots. 

Also the helmets  are dual molded and look awesome. 

The legs from the patrol trooper are the same as the Hovertank Pilot's legs from the Rogue one wave.

That being said, the scout troopers already recieved a legpiece with dedicated print

Lego should have never done the white on black printing for the scout troopers. I agree that the way the Patrol Troopers and Tank drivers where done is way better.