Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

1 hour ago, Legomanarthur said:

quinla11.jpg

Used Lobo's hair for Quinlan Vos.

Do you have a Baze Malbus figure? If so, could you please try the hair piece on him as well? I’m very curious as to how it looks. It does work well on Vos though.

8 hours ago, Sarg_Kulo said:

IMG_1249

I'm loving these - great idea with the captain, skirt and (highwayman?) legs. Has inspired me to put together a Naboo collection!

3 hours ago, ThousandMoon said:

I'm loving these - great idea with the captain, skirt and (highwayman?) legs. Has inspired me to put together a Naboo collection!

I really like the concept of it but I am tempted to go back to the drawing board to be honest. The mismatched grey arms and skirt to the blue on the torso is just bugging me too much, which is a shame as I think the technique itself is perfect.

354262-199660-captain-panaka.jpg

I could get over the dark bluish grey colour if it wasn't for the torso printing. I tried it with just a regular guard torso (which has the tiniest bit of yellow printing as you can see in my other picture), but that didn't look great either.

I think I just need to wait patiently until Lego releases a sand blue skirt piece which could be a while.

Edited by Sarg_Kulo

Confirmed this today:

the a-wing pilot in 75003 "Arvel Crynyd" isn't actually Arvel Crynyd. Or at least, the helmet isn't. Here's Sila Kott from Return of the Jedi:

sila_kott_sw_4975.jpg

Here's a side angle of the helmet from 75003. The important parts are the blue ear covers, and the red marks on the right cheek and top. Obviously it's a direct match. The top marking is partially obscured in this image but the real part is identical.

A-Wing-Pilot-1080x905.jpg

So obviously the person who designed the pattern for this helmet was faithful to the source material, the only problem is it got mixed up. Which isn't a big deal because you can swap lego parts out easily. Plus, they made a good head for Crynyd, all he needs is his helmet to come out at som point in the future. I used Sabine's head to replace Crynyd's and it's a pretty good likeness to Sila Kott with the correct helmet.

Here's Crynyd's helmet to compare:

21507023yw.jpg

Key differences are the lack of blue ear covers and a clearly different red pattern on the cheeks.

In the most recent A-wing set there was a new helmet pattern produced:

31215458881_f4a8353d4a_b.jpg

Unlike 75003, this guy wasn't named on the box. But the helmet here is also accurate to the film. It belongs on Jake Farrell's head:

21506943az.jpg

You can see here the distinctive red ear covers. A better look:

21506940br.jpg

You can also see the little graphics on the left cheek and the rear right side of the top. Both of these are well recreated on the lego piece. The only issue I had with the figure is that they used one of their generic heads. On mine, I used this head instead and he looks great. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb0939&name=Minifig, Head Dual Sided LotR Elrond Brown Eyebrows, Cheek Lines, Smile / Frown Pattern - Stud Recessed&category=[Minifig, Head]#T=C&C=90

3626cpb0939.png

18 hours ago, Peppybricks said:

Do you have a Baze Malbus figure? If so, could you please try the hair piece on him as well? I’m very curious as to how it looks. It does work well on Vos though.

Here you go:

baze10.jpg

7 hours ago, Legomanarthur said:

Here you go:

baze10.jpg

Awesome. Thanks. It doesn’t look perfect, but it does look better then the official hairpiece used.

13 hours ago, atlas said:

A-Wing-Pilot-1080x905.jpg

31215458881_f4a8353d4a_b.jpg

Thanks for all this info - really helpful! Out of interest which green do you feel best represents the uniforms - standard green or dark green?

On 8.2.2018 at 12:44 AM, Sarg_Kulo said:

I really like the concept of it but I am tempted to go back to the drawing board to be honest. The mismatched grey arms and skirt to the blue on the torso is just bugging me too much, which is a shame as I think the technique itself is perfect.

I could get over the dark bluish grey colour if it wasn't for the torso printing. I tried it with just a regular guard torso (which has the tiniest bit of yellow printing as you can see in my other picture), but that didn't look great either.

I think I just need to wait patiently until Lego releases a sand blue skirt piece which could be a while.

Have you tried the dark azure and dark turquoise skirt pieces (Simpsons Series 2, Edna and Selma)? I know it's not sand blue but it might look ok if you put the sand blue arms back on. 

In addition, there are some dual moulded sandblue-dark red legs in the big bang theory ideas set (i know he has black boots, but still might be worth  a try...) and if you are not ultra-purist, you could make sth out of 75175 Lando's sand blue cape.

Edited by julesvincent

11 hours ago, ThousandMoon said:

Thanks for all this info - really helpful! Out of interest which green do you feel best represents the uniforms - standard green or dark green?

I think dark green is definitely a better choice. I don't know why Lego used that green in 75175 because I don't think they ever looked close to that bright. In the movie and all the photos I have seen it is a very deep green. However I have mixed in a couple of the brighter flightsuits into my squadron.

12 hours ago, atlas said:

I don't know why Lego used that green in 75175 because I don't think they ever looked close to that bright.

I realise now it's cos it's a Rebels set - frustrating as on the back of it being the latest a-wing pilot, I ordered a few of the brighter green figures. Kicking myself a bit now though as the darker green does seem to be a better representation. Oh well... :/

Thanks for your input!

39 minutes ago, ThousandMoon said:

I realise now it's cos it's a Rebels set - frustrating as on the back of it being the latest a-wing pilot, I ordered a few of the brighter green figures. Kicking myself a bit now though as the darker green does seem to be a better representation. Oh well... :/

Thanks for your input!

No, 75175 is just a Return of the Jedi set - it has RotJ Rebel Mechanic and Lando :wink:

I was very curious about the color choice as well, but opt for dark green for my pilots as well.

Snoke's Navigator

Snoke's navigators are quite easily created using most of the Shadow Guard figure and a Jawa head. Only issue that some may see is that there aren't dark purple, like they are in the movie.

8 hours ago, Squiddy_Bricks said:

dang, its really gonna suck once a figure is updated.... nice army tho

Ha... yeah. That could happen. The Sandtrooper in the new Cantina is actually just the same figure as the versions in the older Droid Escape Pod set though... so they're not updating things too much. Anything RO or Battlefront won't be updated at all so it's just Stormies or Biker Scouts. I can see the Biker Scout getting a new helmet at some point but I'll just swap the arms over when they appear (eventually). Thankfully the price of new and old Stormtroopers or Snowtroopers doesn't fluctuate that much so I can always sell any particular faction and update them quite easily if I feel the need.

The only thing I could forsee happening with the Stormtroopers is either improved leg printing that extends further down the leg or hip printing. My hope is that any hip printing works retroactively with the current generation of stormtroopers. 

There have been several of the figures from those sets for sale in the Lego Star Wars Collectors FB group for a few weeks. The printing on the Imperial disguise Solo cape looks fantastic.

If I don't get any other figures from the Solo line I'll be getting the Imperials.

Been kinda lurking here for awhile, but seriously, you guys have come up with some really great stuff for SW figures. The main reason I wanted to post this here, was to show you guys the new Imperial Officer Han Solo figure that I got yesterday. The detailing on this one is just, amazing. Not to mention that rain coat design, mhmmm.......

My picture file sizes are huge, rip.

20180226_113928 - Copy.jpg

Here's pics of the back printing and cape removed from torso

20180226_113955 - Copy.jpg

Edited by That Brick King

That Imperial disguise Han Solo looks way crisp. I'm excited to get it. A big shame though for me is the lack of reusability (is that a word?) in the figure. The torso and leg prints are absolutely gorgeous, but not very useful for MOCs. I can't have all my armored Imperial officers chilling with dirty/rusted armor, y'know?