Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

On 23/12/2017 at 2:56 PM, Renegade Clone said:

So the new Star Wars: Battlefront 2 videogame has it's problems, but it adds a lot of nice touches to the Star Wars Universe.

We see a lot more of the inside of a Rebel Alliance Cruiser and the crew on board. I noted that the Rebellion Officers wore a light blue cap to match their undershirt.

In Lego, the undershirt is Sand Blue. This minifig cap - https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=11258#T=C - in Sand Blue fits perfectly.

39211555222_15882a4257.jpg39211555372_3167d985fc.jpg39211555302_2a62fe65f3.jpg

39211555622_2c7ea251d5_z.jpg39211555672_31e1d3fa5e_z.jpg

Rebel Officer Flickr Album

Absolutely awesome work, very well done! :D

4 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Just wondering... has aanyone ever made a Jaxxon minifigure? I hated him back in the eighties, but id love a minifigure of him now!

I dunno, about the closest I think you can get is the Nesquick bunny minifigure (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=gen003#T=S&O={"iconly":0}) on an A-Wing pilot's body.

But personally speaking, I'd be quite happy for Buck O Hare there to be left in the past haha :tongue:

12 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

I dunno, about the closest I think you can get is the Nesquick bunny minifigure (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=gen003#T=S&O={"iconly":0}) on an A-Wing pilot's body.

But personally speaking, I'd be quite happy for Buck O Hare there to be left in the past haha :tongue:

I was thinking of the Mad March Harriet cap from the Batman CMF series, which wouldn't look nearly as good as the Nesquick head, but might be cheaper. Not sure what head to put underneath though! :)

Just now, Lord_Voldy said:

Any ideas on a Bail Organa figure? Kind of stumped on this one, and disappointed that they've never made one before.

I have seen the Baze Malbus head used for Bail before

On 12/25/2017 at 6:33 AM, McLustig said:

Anyone made a Last Jedi Leia already? I’ve no idea for a good torso. 

I haven't tried it yet, but a good torso would be from the Weeping Angel, although it might be too light

17 minutes ago, Lord_Voldy said:

Any ideas on a Bail Organa figure? Kind of stumped on this one, and disappointed that they've never made one before.

It's custom, but this head from Firestar Toys would be literally perfect. It actually looks just like him.

https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/Minifigure-Parts/Minifigure-Custom-Design-Heads/41437-Custom-Minifigure-Heads-~-Curious-~-Male-~-Medium-Dark-Flesh.html

LH620_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

Is there any way of upgrading the Shoretroopers with dual molded arms? I can see why the Captain got a full sandblue arm, but I'd prefer a dual mold of tan and sandblue. Also, perhaps, tan and red to represent the red part of the arm armour (rerebrace). I think a splash of red might look good with a mostly tan figure.

tumblr_on6gq0fmW61s6w6foo1_500.jpg

Edited by Flieger

On the topic of dual molded arms, can anyone suggest a good set that could make the Hovertank Pilot into a Commander?

49-seconds-in-hover-tank-commander-not-v

There should also be a stripe accross the torso, but I'd settle for the arms for now :)

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Seaber said:

On the topic of dual molded arms, can anyone suggest a good set that could make the Hovertank Pilot into a Commander?

49-seconds-in-hover-tank-commander-not-v

There should also be a stripe accross the torso, but I'd settle for the arms for now :)

Thanks!

Yup, it's been posted a couple of times before so I certainly can't take credit for it, however Syndrome's arms are excellent for him:

35535563286_d152f0689c_c.jpg

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

40 minutes ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Syndrome's arms 

Syndrome's arms  might also work for the Executioner Stormtroopers.

12 hours ago, Koralunderthesea said:

Anyone got a good torso and hair idea for the Force Broom boy from TLJ?

Hmm, I dunno, about the best I can think of right now is an Ep 1 Anakin Skywalker torso. As for the hair, either the brown beanie hat or the new dark grey stocking cap (featured in the Fun in the Park) though neither's really ideal. I'm sure someone else will come up with a better alternative.

Here's one I've been pondering for a while - Imperial cadet? We've got their helmet from the first Phantom w/ Ezra, but what about the body? I don't like sticking it on an AT-DP pilot's body because it just makes the helmet look like a ridiculously oversized and ugly version of theirs rather than it representing a different type of trooper.

latest?cb=20150628211210

On 12/23/2017 at 11:58 AM, Forresto said:

@Renegade Clone Absolutely brilliant!

Ever since i've bought Battlefront II i've been trying to figure out how to do a purist version of my favorite character in the new canon: Shriv! Who also makes me realize the Duro deserved a molded head piece.

latest?cb=20171118065831

I was thinking maybe this torso...

...with arms that matched the color of the orange waffle pattern and a brown Indiana Jones style saddle bag, then...

Han Solo's Legs. And of course the most important part, a Duro head.

If someone has all the pieces would it be possible to make a mock up of that? If it looks good I might buy the pieces to do it. 

Well minus that specific torso, I'm thinking this would be similar. I present Shriv Suurgav aka Danger Leader.

Shriv.jpg

Just now, Daddy_Stardust said:

Hmm, I dunno, about the best I can think of right now is an Ep 1 Anakin Skywalker torso. As for the hair, either the brown beanie hat or the new dark grey stocking cap (featured in the Fun in the Park) though neither's really ideal. I'm sure someone else will come up with a better alternative.

Here's one I've been pondering for a while - Imperial cadet? We've got their helmet from the first Phantom w/ Ezra, but what about the body? I don't like sticking it on an AT-DP pilot's body because it just makes the helmet look like a ridiculously oversized and ugly version of theirs rather than it representing a different type of trooper.

latest?cb=20150628211210

The Anakin torso is good for a substitute, and the beanie works fine. thanks

I've got a few customs I should show off here sometime, but does anyone have designs for purist customs of

- Bail Organa

- Galen Erso

- General Dodonna

- Nien Nunb

- Zam Wesell (specifically the head)

- Zuckuss (preferably non-brick-built head)

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by ShadowStrike

2 hours ago, ShadowStrike said:

I've got a few customs I should show off here sometime, but does anyone have designs for purist customs of

- Bail Organa

- Galen Erso

- General Dodonna

- Nien Nunb

- Zam Wesell (specifically the head)

- Zuckuss (preferably non-brick-built head)

Any help is appreciated.

For (imperial) Galen, maybe the imperial combat driver torso, and Aragorn’s head? 

Dodonna could use Cpt. Antilles’ torso, new Jor-el head, and doc Brown hair.

Nien Nunb definitely would use Ten Numb’s head, knight rider torso, and (you’d have to remove printing) Mickey/Mr. Incredible legs.

Also, anyone have any ideas for a Praetorian Guard? I was thinking Detroit Steel Iron man torso, but I need help with the rest.

For (imperial) Galen, maybe the imperial combat driver torso, and Aragorn’s head? 

Dodonna could use Cpt. Antilles’ torso, new Jor-el head, and doc Brown hair.

Nien Nunb definitely would use Ten Numb’s head, knight rider torso, and (you’d have to remove printing) Mickey/Mr. Incredible legs.

Also, anyone have any ideas for a Praetorian Guard? I was thinking Detroit Steel Iron man torso, but I need help with the rest.

Maybe a Royal Guard torso and Mickey legs with a red kama skirt? Not sure what to do for the helmet.

Also those suggestions should fit perfectly, thanks.

Edited by ShadowStrike

16 hours ago, ShadowStrike said:

Maybe a Royal Guard torso and Mickey legs with a red kama skirt? Not sure what to do for the helmet.

Also those suggestions should fit perfectly, thanks.

Unfortunately, they would probably require a custom/modified helmet. Oh well. Thanks for your other suggestions though. I’ll have to try them out.

18 hours ago, Peppybricks said:

The standard open aviator cap is not perfect (missing the ears or course), but looks nice enough for Nien Numb I think:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=30171&name=Minifig, Headgear Cap, Aviator&category=[Minifig, Headgear]#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

Hello, i was wondering if anyone had come up with a good way to make a Canto Bight police officer?

I did make my own version with the parts I have and I saw Inthert's version too yet i'm not convinced by either.

My version (with poor sticker customisation attempt on the head):

IMG_4324_low.jpg

Inthert's version:

39325846072_bba948b2b3.jpg

Here is another picture of Inthert's Canto Bight police officer, I personally love it, the only thing that could make it better is printing and a molded helmet

Edit: apparently I've reached my upload size on my account even though I've only posted one other photo in this forum before, I'm not entirely sure if I'm doing something wrong, if anyone can help me out that'd be appreciated

Edited by TK-1776

Just now, TK-1776 said:

I'm not entirely sure if I'm doing something wrong, if anyone can help me out that'd be appreciated

It is generally best to use an external photohosting site such as Flickr or Imgur.

There is Flickr tutorial on the forum help section if you need one but basically make an account, upload the photo, view it on your photostream, press the curved arrow /share button and chose bbcode and then pick a reasonable picture size and copy the code into the post.:classic:

Hope this helps.:vader: