Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

On 26/11/2017 at 8:28 PM, Daddy_Stardust said:

Very nice alternative, great work! Where are the various parts from?

Thanks! TWP has kindly given a breakdown above, but to confirm anyway - plus I've changed / added a couple of pieces as well:

SawGerrera

Hair: Patty Tolan

Face and Torso: Karl Mordo

Armour: Nexo Knights (plus a BrickForge Pauldron - so no longer purist)

Hips: Rogue (CMF S16)

Right Leg: Frightening Knight (CMF S15)

Left Leg: Dark Green Wizard (the dual molded dark green and brown leg from earlier post is also from the Rogue minifigure)

Accessories: Short Dark Red Cape and Scuba Mask clip onto the back of the armour / Black hilt and Black bar with white ends (from Magician (CMF S1))

In the absence of a decent teal colour from TLG, it's a toss up between blue and green - I opted for green, but there's a trans dark blue armour available which might be worth trying out - I love the fact it lets some detailing through the armour.

On 30/09/2017 at 6:11 PM, darththeling said:

Any ideas for a custom Eighth Brother and Minister Maketh Tua? Stumped on how to approach those.

I like the ninja samurai helmet back-to-front...

EighthBrother

17 hours ago, ThousandMoon said:

Thanks! TWP has kindly given a breakdown above, but to confirm anyway - plus I've changed / added a couple of pieces as well:

I also like this one, the print details look great, though I stil prefer the Galaxy guy shoulder armor. The breathing mask is a very nice detail as well!
-the only thing I really bother is the face - it looks way too young/beardless. Could you try a beart piece? They come in cheap sets, so it would be easy to modify I think..

On 29.11.2017 at 3:33 PM, Forresto said:

Thrawn torso is from Firestar Toys.

The Emperor's cloak is the highwayman's cape.

Always wanted to use the pirate shoulder piece in black for Vader. Finally someone else had the same idea! After seeing it on your figure though I'm not sure if it works with standard cape..

I also used 2 1x1 pieces (felt odd at the beginning, but you'll get used to it). For the neck I used a black scuba tank & cut off the actual tank. So now it's a very nice round neckpiece, that makes him taller & spends the right distance between shoulder & helmet.

In addition the cape doesn't look shorter with my figure, since the neckpiece is put over it. btw if you use the softer & thicker cape it makes the figure even taller.

On 9/30/2017 at 10:11 AM, darththeling said:

Any ideas for a custom Eighth Brother and Minister Maketh Tua? Stumped on how to approach those.

You could also try the First Order Crew Helmet for the Eighth Brother

5 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

-the only thing I really bother is the face - it looks way too young/beardless. Could you try a beart piece? They come in cheap sets, so it would be easy to modify I think..

Hey, thanks for your comments and suggestions. Personally I'm not sure Saw's beard is bushy or long enough to warrant a separate beard piece, but I do agree this beard's too trim.

I think I'm gonna order the B.A. Baracus figure - see how that head looks - quite pricey but I also want the afro mohawk hairpiece for a CW Saw - I suppose Mr T is quite fitting actually, as upon the destruction of Jedha.. Saw weren't gettin' on no plane!! =D 

I was thinking whilst playing around with my Lego collection that Armored Batman's legs would be perfect for a Purist Saw Gerrera minifigure.

@TrunkWyatt - I've merged your thread into this one to keep the forum tidy :classic:

On 04/12/2017 at 11:10 PM, TrunkWyatt said:

Does anyone agree? Would anyone be willing to give this a try?

For the colour scheme I myself used (ie. dark blue with silver) it certainly would work stylistically.  However if in keeping with the on-screen character, his suit didn't have many metallic features on the legs, so I'm personally happy with the legs I used (plus I've spent more than enough creating him haha) but it's certainly a cool alternative to the legs I used. If one went with a dark blue Saw and wanted more visually striking legs, it's certainly a fantastic idea, great thinking! :classic:

Another alternative I was thinking about was the scuba Ironman body and legs with Faora's amor from set 76003, with Vader's neck piece and Mr T's head. The silver and bronze elements may clash, but Saw's all about being a bit bolted-together so may work when combined for real. However, as previously stated, I've spent enough on a Saw I'm personally happy with, but if anyone's feeling playful out there with money to burn, maybe these are some ideas to use too?

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

On 10/12/2017 at 8:36 PM, ACPin said:

Ralph McQuarrie's Stormtroopers

Ralph McQuarrie's Stormtroopers

Very nice, although for the first time ever, wouldn't the Rebels-stormtroopers actually be slightly more accurate helmet wise?

SS-08-10038-2.jpg

7 hours ago, npgcole said:

The hairpiece on this minifigure from Black Panther is perfect for Saw Gerrera.

Indeed! Nice find :)

25266736238_eacf4aff10_z.jpgCustom Lego Porg by Astrid, on Flickr

Saw this very cute custom Porg on Flickr. Usually not a fan of the custom minifigs, but in this case it looks great!

Edited by TWP

So the new Star Wars: Battlefront 2 videogame has it's problems, but it adds a lot of nice touches to the Star Wars Universe.

We see a lot more of the inside of a Rebel Alliance Cruiser and the crew on board. I noted that the Rebellion Officers wore a light blue cap to match their undershirt.

In Lego, the undershirt is Sand Blue. This minifig cap - https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=11258#T=C - in Sand Blue fits perfectly.

39211555222_15882a4257.jpg39211555372_3167d985fc.jpg39211555302_2a62fe65f3.jpg

39211555622_2c7ea251d5_z.jpg39211555672_31e1d3fa5e_z.jpg

Rebel Officer Flickr Album

@Renegade Clone Absolutely brilliant!

Ever since i've bought Battlefront II i've been trying to figure out how to do a purist version of my favorite character in the new canon: Shriv! Who also makes me realize the Duro deserved a molded head piece.

latest?cb=20171118065831

I was thinking maybe this torso...

latest?cb=20140117104616 

...with arms that matched the color of the orange waffle pattern and a brown Indiana Jones style saddle bag, then...

250?cb=20170903020415

Han Solo's Legs. And of course the most important part, a Duro head.

If someone has all the pieces would it be possible to make a mock up of that? If it looks good I might buy the pieces to do it. 

Edited by Forresto

3 hours ago, Renegade Clone said:

So the new Star Wars: Battlefront 2 videogame has it's problems, but it adds a lot of nice touches to the Star Wars Universe.

We see a lot more of the inside of a Rebel Alliance Cruiser and the crew on board. I noted that the Rebellion Officers wore a light blue cap to match their undershirt.

In Lego, the undershirt is Sand Blue. This minifig cap - https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=11258#T=C - in Sand Blue fits perfectly.

Rebel Officer Flickr Album

Looks nice, though I think the Imperial Officer hat in sand blue might be better, sad it doesn't exist in that color though. The cap part of this minifig looks a tad too long. Then again the Imperial Officer hat has things some extra relief that isn't that accurate.

Luckily this one isn't that expensive, added them to my BL wanted list to try myself :)

Thanks for sharing!

18 hours ago, Renegade Clone said:

I think it's a perfect fit. A shame that this torso is so rare and expensive on BrickLink.

14 hours ago, TWP said:

Looks nice, though I think the Imperial Officer hat in sand blue might be better, sad it doesn't exist in that color though. The cap part of this minifig looks a tad too long. Then again the Imperial Officer hat has things some extra relief that isn't that accurate.

It does look different to the imperial-style cap in-game, and I like my rebels to look different from my imperials. I'm already miffed that the Bespin-Guards have the same style.

Looks really good! Guess I really need to get on with making custom decals then so I can have some officers.