Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

On 05/09/2017 at 4:46 PM, Daddy_Stardust said:

I've used a few different balaclava heads for all of our TIE pilots and AT-AT drivers, as shown below////

Thank you for photographing them!! That's a good solution, accurate to the source material too :)

11 hours ago, Knight of Ren said:
Kylo Ren with Cole's hair from 71019

Looks pretty good! But I think it's a bit too close to the head for Kylo.

On 10/09/2017 at 2:52 AM, Knight of Ren said:
Kylo Ren with Cole's hair from 71019

Yeah, not sure about the short fringe and long sides, if only we could get l-loyd's in black!

20 minutes ago, Orcbandit said:

Not 100% sure if that fits in here but I updated Obi-Wan to look more like the Mythos Ben-Kenobi action figures 

Looks cool. Only difference I'd make is to give him tan arms. 

Hey guys!  This is my first post on Eurobricks, in the thread I've been lurking in forever!  Here is my rebel squad, many of which I've customized/updated.  Hopefully I post everything correctly!

HzLFnjj.jpg

Here's the whole display with my U-wing, A-wing, and a few speeders.  I received a two packs of Brickarms guns for my birthday from my wife, so I've equipped the team with them.  Many of these are just head-swaps, but I'm still pretty proud of them.  I'm pretty recently out of my long dark age, I've unfortunately discovered Bricklink and spent  too much on minifigs and parts...  Sorry for the glare on the pictures, I don't have a great way to take the photos.

H0rz09o.jpg

Guy on the left has new Han hair, Qui-Gon head, Kannan body, and pants from a rebel.  
Stock Duros from the battlepack with an ionization blaster, binoculars, and a manpurse.  
Mechanic with Kannan hair, Kordi's head, and rebel trooper body.  She's got a hammer and a magnetic grenade launcher.
Last guy is just the stock beardy Endor trooper with the coreburner rifle.

OriWmDa.jpg
Left is Kithaba with Kanan's legs and a brickarms AK.  Not too interesting, but I really like him!
Middle left is my radioman, I'll attach a picture of his radio backpack.  He and the guy to the right of him are stock but with brickarms blasters.
The one on the far right is my absolute favorite, I totally stole his design from @Forresto's post in this same topic.  I assume he meant him to be a Shistavanen, as that's what I think he is! :D  He's awesome.  He's got a werewolf head and Faun legs, both from the CMF collection, with a pair of electrobinoculars and a rebel trooper torso.
kDCzT0l.jpg
The radio is a backpack bracket with part 4081 with a fencing foil for an antenna and a stud at the bottom, with a curved slope to form the "pack" part.  I'm pretty proud of it.

VmcrbBi.jpg
Guy on the left is stock non-beard endor guy with a Halo pistol and electrobinoculars.
Middle left is a stock Rodian with a brickarms DL-44 and a thermal detonator.
Middle right I also like a lot, it's Aayla Secura's face and hands on a rebel trooper body!  Gives some diversity to the squad.
Right is a nemoidian, he's got clone wars Nute Gunray's head, which still looks pretty good with non-clone minifigs.  he's got a basic rebel trooper body, nothing special.

Yhz9bB1.jpg

Lastly is Cassian's body with the head of the bounty hunter from Jek-14's stealth starfighter and slick-backed car salesman hair.
Middle left is Poe's head with a basic trooper body.  Again, nothing special but I like it.
Middle is my ooooold Greedo head and hands!  It was my first set with light and dark bley, back in the day.
Middle right is prince Dastan's head and hair on a resistance trooper's body.
Right is Kannan's head with Zander's hair and a resistance body!

Thanks for viewing, I hope you guys like it! :)

7 minutes ago, DrMuttonchops said:

Last guy is just the stock beardy Endor trooper with the coreburner rifle.

That's Captain Rex in the legends continuity (and Nik Sant in legends)

How jarring would clone wars Seccura (face) look among non clone wars humans?

15 minutes ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

That's Captain Rex in the legends continuity (and Nik Sant in legends)

How jarring would clone wars Seccura (face) look among non clone wars humans?

Wellllllll, it's maybe Rex, right?  Filoni said he wants to have him be Rex, but it hasn't been completely established yet.  Plus Wookiepedia still has a Nik Sant page in the canon section, so I don't think Sant has to file for unemployment yet!  Lots of people can be old and have beards (although I would be fine with it being Rex).

And I'm not a huge fan of the clone faces, I think Aayla's clone face would stick out quite a bit.  What d'you think?  I'm a little biased already!

Maybe Rex = Nik , with Rex's season 4 outfit I think it is confirmed in all but name.:shrug_confused:

Yeah it would stick out but less as it is a non-human head, I wanted a second opinion as I will not need her as Aayla with new one replacing her.

Heyy, new to the topic but not a stranger to these boards!

I love stormtrooper variants, so when I saw this guy in Galaxy of Heroes, I knew I had to make him.

Magmatrooper

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Hey guys, just a heads up that there's some amazing new customs over at Firestar Toys for those who don't mind the non-purist approach; lots of custom rebel pilot heads along with printed pilot arms and printed Imperial arms... this could get expensiiiiive:

https://www.firestartoys.com/?Query=rebel+pilot&search=

Biggs:

LH943_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

Merrick:

LH944_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

Women:

LH942_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

ACC174_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

ACC151_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

57 minutes ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Hey guys, just a heads up that there's some amazing new customs over at Firestar Toys for those who don't mind the non-purist approach; lots of custom rebel pilot heads along with printed pilot arms and printed Imperial arms... this could get expensiiiiive:

Biggs:

LH943_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

Merrick:

LH944_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

Women:

LH942_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

ACC174_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

ACC151_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

Take my money! So good to get Biggs!

3 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Biggs:

Merrick:

Women:

That's great, but all those are quite expensive :/

Thanks for letting us know though!

Been looking for those imperial symbols on arms for some time, but I guess I should try applying decals or so...

I just made an order from firestar, however the arm pairs where already sold out and buying left and right arms singly would have been too expensive if the aim is to give all my pilots printed arms, so I hope the will get restocked later on

4 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I just made an order from firestar, however the arm pairs where already sold out and buying left and right arms singly would have been too expensive if the aim is to give all my pilots printed arms, so I hope the will get restocked later on

Wow they must have flown out! I secured one pair of the Imperial arms for the one and only black-uniformed Imperial crewman we have, but ordered 5 different pilot heads since I'm sick of most of our pilots having the same head. Anyway they've only just been released and were literally just posted on their newsletter yesterday afternoon, so I'm sure more will be on the way soon. Even better news, apparently they're going to be releasing even more arm styles. From the newsletter:

"The Force is Strong Here...
We have an awesome selection of new custom print Star Wars goodies released this week.
Rebel Pilot Heads
A great selection of male and female heads with a mix of skin tones, should ensure there's a hero pilot in all of us!
Star Wars Posters
These amazing posters (and one neon dancer sign) will liven up any Star Wars LEGO scene. Printed on 2x4 tiles with a generous helping of super high res digital printing, means these custom delights are a must for any Star Wars LEGO fan.
Custom Designed Arms
We will be adding a lot more of these arm designs due to the huge amount of requests we've received. We've started with Imperial Workers and Rebel Pilots and reduced the price for a pair right down to £1.95 GBP, though they can also be purchased individually.

We're passionate about providing custom minifigure creators with all the parts they need - GO CREATE!"

This is their advert, not my photo, but check out the excellent end-results:

37345315211_e2b0b33288_c.jpg

Stumbled on this thread, and I've been lurking around Eurobricks for a while. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone thinks the resistance bombardier helmet could make a good base to make Red Leader? It's the most gold-ish Rebel pilot helmet so far. 

The new Batgirl in the Joker manor set has the utility belt in white so I will need to buy a bucket load of those to update my Stormtroopers and rebel snow troopers. Its been the one recolour I've been waiting on since the new Batman utility belt was released. Hope they turn up on bricks and pieces or a German bricklink store ends up with thousands of them some how.

15 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Wow they must have flown out! I secured one pair of the Imperial arms for the one and only black-uniformed Imperial crewman we have, but ordered 5 different pilot heads since I'm sick of most of our pilots having the same head. Anyway they've only just been released and were literally just posted on their newsletter yesterday afternoon, so I'm sure more will be on the way soon. Even better news, apparently they're going to be releasing even more arm styles. From the newsletter:

Maybe they were not that many since I doubt that the mainstream lego buyers are continuously updating the info on such sites. I will definitely get a few later but I must say that I don't really feel too enthusiastic to just buy 20 pairs of identical arms for 40 pounds

3 hours ago, That Orange Thing said:

The new Batgirl in the Joker manor set has the utility belt in white so I will need to buy a bucket load of those to update my Stormtroopers and rebel snow troopers. Its been the one recolour I've been waiting on since the new Batman utility belt was released. Hope they turn up on bricks and pieces or a German bricklink store ends up with thousands of them some how.

Need those utility belts for scout troopers,

I don't think minifigs look that great with the utility belts, especially not Star Wars troops. Plus it can get rather expensive.

I've yet to see a minifig with such a belt that actually looks good.