Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

On 7-8-2017 at 7:32 PM, Plissken said:

The Ninjago Collectible figures are a great source for nice parts :classic:

I used Lloyds hair on Luke. Not perfect, but I like it :wink:

<snip>

What about painting it brown for Anakin, or black for Kylo? Should look good to.

Edited by BEAVeR
Please don't quote images

On 8/7/2017 at 3:40 PM, Fabiwalker said:

What about painting it brown for Anakin, or black for Kylo? Should look good to.

I bet Lego will release them in those colors soon enough. You are absolutely right though in those colors it would be perfect!

23 hours ago, Koralunderthesea said:

Quick request, could someone please try the new Han Solo hair on the cassian head? 

Thanks

Like this ?

FullSizeRender.jpg

23 minutes ago, Koralunderthesea said:

Wow that looks really good & accurate, thank you

For Cassian ?? I prefer the original hair honestly, but I see what you mean :)

Here is my updated version of the Imperial V-wing pilot

I switched out the legs and the head (I actually would have preferred the new Rebel U-wing/X-wing pilot heads with visor but I don't have any on hand)

It would also have been nice to have the arms be from the UCS TIE Pilot minifigure but they are very expensive and hard to come by, and I do not know of any suitable replacements

g.jpg

Edited by 2773

16 minutes ago, DarthHank said:

^Where are those legs from? Looks nice.

I think they're from the CMF Spy from a few months back.

Two questions, please. 1st, there is a custom dealer on eBay selling a rather nice Evazan.  However, I am not a fan of the hair.  Could anyone suggest a good hairpiece for an Evazan? Next, what hair are people using for Sabine Wren so she doesn't look so much like my friends mom?

Thank you for your help.

5 hours ago, INDYcec said:

Two questions, please. 1st, there is a custom dealer on eBay selling a rather nice Evazan.  However, I am not a fan of the hair.  Could anyone suggest a good hairpiece for an Evazan? Next, what hair are people using for Sabine Wren so she doesn't look so much like my friends mom?

Thank you for your help.

Peter venkman's hair from 75827 for Evazan

I purchased the Lego Ninjago Movie City Chase set for my daughter and fell in love with Lloyd's new hair piece; it's perfect for my Jedi Master Luke Skywalker figure. All I had to do was trade her Luke's original hairpiece. Still looking for a fabric color that matches the cloak from the end of TFA.

On 8/6/2017 at 11:19 PM, gudetamago said:

Looking at the pics, I think those are the TFA helmets, they're a lot smoother than OT designs were (excluding the U-Wing helmet!) It's a shame the bombardier shows the original OT helmet hasn't been updated this year either :sceptic:

On 8/2/2017 at 6:06 AM, RogueTwo said:

As far as new OT helmets, I think we may be in luck (or exasperation, if you have been collecting them for the past 18 years).  Look at the pictures for the minifigs for the TLJ Resistance Bomber.  The Bombardier has the old-style helmet (probably so that there can be an alternate face with an oxygen mask), but the other two pilots appear to have a new helmet design with dual-molded visor.  I could be wrong, but they certainly look OT-ish to me.  I don't think they're the TFA helmets, and they're certainly not the bizarre (but beautiful) U-Wing helmet from the Microfighter.  :classic:

Hey guys, Firestartoys are selling both of the new bomber pilots (along with a few others like BB9-E https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/LEGO-Minifigures/Star-Wars-LEGO-Minifigures-~-Special-Characters.html if you want closer looks at those) and these allow for high-quality close-ups to address your queries...

https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/LEGO-Minifigures/Star-Wars-LEGO-Minifigures-~-Special-Characters/41370-LEGO-Star-Wars-Mini-Figure-~-Resistance-Bomber-Pilot.html

SWRES1_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

https://www.firestartoys.com/Shop/LEGO-Minifigures/Star-Wars-LEGO-Minifigures-~-Special-Characters/41369-LEGO-Star-Wars-Mini-Figure-~-Resistance-Bombardier-.html

SWRES2_1.jpg?w=400&h=400&quality=80

From those it can be 100% confirmed that the bombardier is wearing an original trilogy helmet (quite why I don't know, since both have oxygen masks - maybe a character quite literally does wear an old one in the movie) and just as RogueTwo believed, the pilot is indeed actually wearing an all new helmet. The gap in the visor is more angular than on TFA pilot helmets, the forehead curves upwards ever so slightly more and the the cheek areas are rounded and don't curve towards the chin.

The differences are subtle but when compared side by side to Poe here, you can see it is indeed a different helmet: 

21505870_Alt11?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

10 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

The gap in the visor is more angular than on TFA pilot helmets, the forehead curves upwards ever so slightly more and the the cheek areas are rounded and don't curve towards the chin.

The differences are subtle but when compared side by side to Poe here, you can see it is indeed a different helmet: 

Nice !!! I love new helmet molds ! Is that flightsuit base colour medium flesh?

On 7.8.2017 at 9:40 PM, Fabiwalker said:

Finally I came along these suggestions. I tried the hairpiece on Anakin and Kylo and think both figures benefit al lot from it. Only thing I didn't do was painting the hair. So I did a quick digital hair-dye. It is not perfect, but you get the idea.

anakindarkjnug2.jpg

kylodark8zugz.jpg

5 minutes ago, Dr Cornelius Evazan said:

I really need someone to create a custom Dr Evazan! You can probably tell by my name that the character is very special to me!

I just need some suggestions for what parts to use!

Venkman's hair from 75827, even piell head, been Kenobi torso and brown legs

Either of those head with Venkman hair would be a good start... Look through Bricklink for a robed torso and switch the arms out and get some dark brown legs. That should do well enough as a purist.