Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

Hi guys,

I want to create in real life these characters from the Force Awakens videogame.

Can you help me identify heads and Unamo's hair piece (if they actually exist in real life)?

Thanks a lot!

On 2017-6-2 at 4:04 PM, Mamma Mia Bricks said:

Can you help me Unamo's hair piece (if they actually exist in real life)?

Thanks a lot!

Unamos hair piece does exist for real. It can sometimes be found in the build a minifigure displays at the lego shop like the one in cardif. it haas mainly been available in collectable minifigure up tilll now butit will also appear in many ninjago movielego sets.4
https://brickset.com/parts/6064026/mini-wig-no-13
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=97688&idColor=86&view=buy&ccName=6064026#T=S&C=11&O={"color":"11","ss":"UK","cond":"N","nosuperlot":1,"loc":"UK"}

I hope that this helps.

12 hours ago, Koralunderthesea said:

Anyone got a good head for this guy?

I used this head. Unfortunately it is dual sided so you will see the mouth and beard at the back of his head. I think it works very well despite that, though.

Edited by Frike

9 hours ago, Frike said:

I used this head. Unfortunately it is dual sided so you will see the mouth and beard at the back of his head. I think it works very well despite that, though.

Yeah it does look good,thanks

Anyone know if there have been any blue/black dual molded legs produced that would be suitable for the new First Order Officer from the battlepack? I was sure I had some but I can't find them and don't know where they would have come from!

39 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

Anyone know if there have been any blue/black dual molded legs produced that would be suitable for the new First Order Officer from the battlepack? I was sure I had some but I can't find them and don't know where they would have come from!

Thr Batman Gotham police battlepack has some. You could probably bricklink a couple fairly cheap now as a result. 

There is some printing so if you want them plain you'll have to do some scrubbing.

16 hours ago, Forresto said:

Thr Batman Gotham police battlepack has some. You could probably bricklink a couple fairly cheap now as a result. 

There is some printing so if you want them plain you'll have to do some scrubbing.

Perfect. A couple of useful heads in the pack too. The white policeman would be a good hoth rebel and the black policeman could get put into service for Saw Guerrera!

Updated Juno Eclipse, updated Sabine (thanks to Kim-Kwang-Seok for the influence) with the dark sabre (squint and just pretend) and jetpack, using up vintage Nien Numb parts to create a more aesthetically-pleasing rebel pilot and my Saw Gerrera without his clunky piping.

34354591493_24cf96a2c1_k.jpg

Edited by Daddy_Startdust

5 hours ago, Ramses25 said:

These look perfect, which Minifigure are they from?

1 hour ago, Daddy_Startdust said:

Updated Juno Eclipse, updated Sabine (thanks to Kim-Kwang-Seok for the influence) with the dark sabre (squint and just pretend) and jetpack, using up vintage Nien Numb parts to create a more aesthetically-pleasing rebel pilot and my Saw Gerrera without his clunky piping.

The Juno Eclipse is brilliant! Where are the arms from?

35036082501_5049738bce_z.jpg

I haven't erased the printing off the dark tan legs but once thats done ever type of imperial officer will have boots except ISB agents, still holding out on dual molding black on black. 

6 hours ago, Forresto said:

35036082501_5049738bce_z.jpg

I haven't erased the printing off the dark tan legs but once thats done ever type of imperial officer will have boots except ISB agents, still holding out on dual molding black on black. 

From what minifigs are the tan legs?

3 hours ago, Koralunderthesea said:

2016 Female Ghostbusters minifigs

Ordered one pair for Tarkin and one for Imperial Officer. Thanks for the lead!

As good as it looks and would love to do so myself, I've sadly not bothered with the boots for the simple fact that I've got a few of the vintage Imperial officers in old dark grey and I'd rather have them all alike next to the new ones than to draw greater attention to their potential out-datedness. Granted I've replaced their heads with modern ones and mostly used them on women with hairpieces (so I don't use the awful old cavalry caps anyway), but obviously the torsos still aren't quite as nice as the current ones.

Unless of course there is a solution? But I'm naturally assuming there never was any dual-molded black booted legs in old dark grey. If I can be corrected on that then I'll happily get on Bricklink straight away haha.

I know that if I want to get geeky I could pretend that their slightly different uniform colour-scheme means they're, say, science officers (that's fine, we've got black, white and tan coloured officers along with grey crewmen anyway) - if you look in the Ultimate Visual Guide to Rogue One you'll even see Galen Erso in a standard Imperial uniform but with his trousers worn actually covering over his boots which works to explain the difference in and lack of leg printing... but again from a simply aesthetic perspective it'll just make the older torso and leg combos look worse so won't bother.

As with the old white Nien Numb torso above, I follow a waste-not-want-not approach and do like to keep vintage printed parts going and updating the legs and heads to bring them up to date as best I can. I've got a few vintage X Wing pilot torsos that I've combined with the modern printed legs and I don't mind at all that they're different to the newer torsos; I like to think it gives them a bit of personal identity to the pilots rather than being clones of one another (except sadly any back printing) - especially since in my imagination the rebellion should be a bit rag-tag, scruffy and underfunded.

Plus my son plays with them all, so can't have figures going to waste :)

20 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Can you post a better pic of Juno's head please? Really love it.