Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

11 hours ago, AntocMerrick said:

Not really a purist mod, but i'll post it here anyway.

Recently i've got my hands on Krennic's shuttle which is superb IMO. I've also became very fond of K2-SO figure which came with the set , but it's short arms bothered me a little, so i decided to mod them

Here is the final result. I think it looks way better than before (sorry for bad quality pic, i'm not that good at photographing)

Looks nice but I cannot figure what pieces you are using

13 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Looks nice but I cannot figure what pieces you are using

I used :

-Two droid arms : the straight and a curved one

-A hose piece which I shortened with scissors

-Two  black minifigure hands

Then i've cut the droid arms a bit to make them fit into the side of the hose piece and put a minifigure hand on the other side. 

(I'd post more pics but there seems to be a problem with it :( )

30 minutes ago, AntocMerrick said:

I used :

-Two droid arms : the straight and a curved one

-A hose piece which I shortened with scissors

-Two  black minifigure hands

Then i've cut the droid arms a bit to make them fit into the side of the hose piece and put a minifigure hand on the other side. 

(I'd post more pics but there seems to be a problem with it :( )

Did you just upload that pic to Eurobricks or post a link through Flickr or similar hosting site? Eurobricks doesn't allow images to be uploaded really and the image size allowance is mainly for profile pics etc.

2 hours ago, Robianco said:

Did you just upload that pic to Eurobricks or post a link through Flickr or similar hosting site? Eurobricks doesn't allow images to be uploaded really and the image size allowance is mainly for profile pics etc.

I've just started creating a Brickshelf profile :)

I hope to deliver the pics soon.

This is my take on the Rebel Scouts / Navy Troopers:

IMG_2136.JPG.e7ecd2b5e12776e22b4edf5cd1ca8b2d.JPG

Just a simple update with the T-16 Skyhopper head: 3626cpb1341; cheaper than most other SW chin strap options.

13 hours ago, zz-80 said:

*Snip*

Just a simple update with the T-16 Skyhopper head: 3626cpb1341; cheaper than most other SW chin strap options.

That is the most accurate face at the moment, but a bit too smiley. Where is that custom blaster from? It isn't hyper detailed like some others and so it looks more like Lego.

A question for anyone who owns the Zabrak horns head piece, can the Aurra Sing hair piece fit through the hole?

Yeah, maybe a bit too optimistic and happy, maybe he does not know Vaders coming... ;) I ordered some blasteres via Bricklink from a german store (X0B16), they are being advertised as 'The Little Arms' Products and are quite cheap.

21 minutes ago, Infinite Bricks said:

I pretty sure that the Highwayman from the new Minifig Series could be used for RoTS Anakin.

Not really. Anakin has his black Jedi robes on top of his dark brown pants. Highwayman has black pants and brown boots. The highwayman has robes going down to the black part of his pants. The legs don't quite work for Anakin.

Here's a picture- 5c407a09794f2b4c927e20800e17a3ae.jpg

I think if they did what they did to Fin's legs? but with different colors it would look good.

Edited by Franklinw1234

2 hours ago, zz-80 said:

Yeah, maybe a bit too optimistic and happy, maybe he does not know Vaders coming... ;) I ordered some blasteres via Bricklink from a german store (X0B16), they are being advertised as 'The Little Arms' Products and are quite cheap.

Ah, thanks!

1 hour ago, Franklinw1234 said:

Not really. Anakin has his black Jedi robes on top of his dark brown pants. Highwayman has black pants and brown boots. The highwayman has robes going down to the black part of his pants. The legs don't quite work for Anakin.

Here's a picture- 

I think if they did what they did to Fin's legs? but with different colors it would look good.

I thought Finn doesn't have printed legs.

Does anyone think this would be a better hairpiece for Jyn Erso? I think it looks better than the one provided.

Edited by Ebkas

Just now, Ebkas said:

Finn doesn't have printed legs I thought.

The adventure time Fin. He has dual molded legs and printing in between. So the top could be the black robe, the bottom could be his boots, and the middle could be his pants.

Just now, Franklinw1234 said:

The adventure time Fin. He has dual molded legs and printing in between. So the top could be the black robe, the bottom could be his boots, and the middle could be his pants.

Ok, I did a search and I see what you mean.

Just now, Ebkas said:

Ok, I did a search and I see what you mean.

I think that they could print on more for the pants though. So it looks like more of the pants show and not just a little bit.

3 minutes ago, Franklinw1234 said:

I think that they could print on more for the pants though. So it looks like more of the pants show and not just a little bit.

Lego Star Wars always seems to have got the most recent Lego things last. It had very simple printing when other lines had more detailed printing. It's only now getting more detailed printing and I'm afraid LSW will only get dual molding in one or two years.

Just now, Ebkas said:

Lego Star Wars always seems to have got the most recent Lego things last. It had very simple printing when other lines had more detailed printing. It's only now getting more detailed printing and I'm afraid LSW will only get dual molding in one or two years.

Better late than never.

Just now, Franklinw1234 said:

Better late than never.

But just about every other theme gets new stuff at the same time, even the other licensed ones.

3 hours ago, zz-80 said:

This appears to be the website of the producers of the blasters. A bit cheaper than the Bricklink sellers.

Edited by Ebkas

2 hours ago, Franklinw1234 said:

I can see where you're coming from, but I feel that, with a bit of Brasso, dual molded legs would be better than the single side printing done by lego since the last Anakin. I do feel these aren't 100 percent accurate as you said however, so I agree.

url.jpg

5 hours ago, Ebkas said:

Does anyone think this would be a better hairpiece for Jyn Erso? I think it looks better than the one provided.

The ponytail is too long. But from the front view it's definitely better.

On 4/24/2017 at 0:56 PM, zz-80 said:

Nice!  I hadn't thought of using that head.  So now I guess there are quite a few chin strap options:

-the standard Rebel Scout Trooper (with/without pupils)
-Skyhopper pilot 
-AT-ST Driver/Death Star Trooper
-AT-ST Driver from Planet set (although that guy looks so mean, I don't think he would make a good Rebel :laugh:)
-Hoth Luke from 2013 (alternate face without visor)
-I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of any right now.

My most expensive update to date: Endor Luke with official LEGO poncho. Paid 15 bucks for the Qui-Gon Jinn fig from the last Sith Infiltrator, just for the poncho. I'm satisfied with the results.

34128132812_9bba1a930f_z.jpg

3 hours ago, bountybossk said:

My most expensive update to date: Endor Luke with official LEGO poncho. Paid 15 bucks for the Qui-Gon Jinn fig from the last Sith Infiltrator, just for the poncho. I'm satisfied with the results.

Looks really good!

20 hours ago, bountybossk said:

Very nice! I was toying with the same idea, but after seeing the prices for Qui-Gon I went with a second Leia-poncho instead, which was far less expensive (even though still not cheap), and turned it "inside out" to look more plain.

Kanan Jarrus season 1/2 legs with some eraser work for Rebels version of Captain Rex:

Rebels Rex with Kanan legs and eraser work.

Another one is more of a purist adjustment and simple, but a heavy gunner SGT from a MOC I am hoping to complete by July.

Imperial Heavy Gunner StormtrooperImperial Heavy Gunner Stormtrooper