Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

KENOBIIIEEEEAAAUUGH! Looks about right. His robot legs weren't really noticeable in Rebels. A lot of the time they just looked like greaves.

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Someone please take Thrawn and put the AT-ST driver helmet on him to make the Zero Hour version (like in my profile pic)

I'm sure in another shot in the trailer the helmet looks like it's white. Either the helmet from the AT-DP driver or the one from the advent calendar snowman may work after we see it in more detail next week. 

On 19/03/2017 at 2:22 AM, Richpepperell said:

This is just brilliant. Will be check bricklink for the top part of Vaders helmet asap! Can't imagine it would ever look as good as this though!

After watching this week's Rebels, I thought I'd have a quick stab at the latest version of Maul. I particularly like the way Wyldstyle's hood looks! Legs are the best I could come up with.

Looks good! Though I'm not sure about the Wyldstyle hood, it looks strange as it is rubbery and not shiny like the plastic, though I'm sure when seen in person, it will look quite good. The leg printing kinda matches the torso, so they don't look that out of place.

12 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Someone please take Thrawn and put the AT-ST driver helmet on him to make the Zero Hour version (like in my profile pic)

Here you go:

thrawn3_zpskpglfjle.png

Does anyone have a black one sided pauldron from Arealight Custom Works that they could put on the "death trooper with pauldron" (sw796) and on a Stormtrooper (sw585) and post a picture? I've been debating on ordering some for a long time since I'm not exactly a fan of the official cloth pauldrons from Lego but don't know would be better to replace them with.

Go page 23 you'll see some of these pauldrons on my stormtroopers. For me they're the perfect touch !

Ramses25

On 3/20/2017 at 4:16 AM, Moff Muffins said:

Here you go:

<snip>

Actually plain white helmet from 2016 Advent Calendar is more accurate!

On another topic has anyone found a good legs to make Rex from AT-TE set more accurate? In the show he has dark grey pants and white boots, but as far as I know there's no double molded dark grey/white legs to give him. Any ideas for replacement?

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't quote photos

22 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

On another topic has anyone found a good legs to make Rex from AT-TE set more accurate? In the show he has dark grey pants and white boots, but as far as I know there's no double molded dark grey/white legs to give him. Any ideas for replacement?

There's the Snowtrooper Rebel figure which works fairly well: 

img_0226.jpg

On 3/25/2017 at 4:38 AM, Tariq j said:

There's the Snowtrooper Rebel figure which works fairly well: 

<snip>

Thanks but the colors on this rebel are inverted from Rex's. But thanks anyway!

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't quote photos

20 hours ago, Ramses25 said:

Go page 23 you'll see some of these pauldrons on my stormtroopers. For me they're the perfect touch !

Ramses25

Thanks! Those are the brickforge pauldrons, right? I picked up a couple of those, but they look a bit short/stubby to me with the helmets on. I'm hoping for an option that's a bit more extended beyond the shoulder once the helmets are on. I haven't found an Arealight one yet, but for what I've seen they might be a bit longer off the shoulder.

Ok, time to show pictures of some of my updated minifigs. There are mostly small changes.

1 - swapped the hands of the Ewoks to the same color as their "pelt" I think it looks more realistic:

whDFqO91_D7LSavgNmNLCpj-WdKPemg3Irbr8_L2

2 - handmade (not yet perfect) kamas for the Snowtroopers and finally printed legs (from the Jek-14 minifig):

-C5c6Y2dctLq1asaXlD6umKHttWwlky3QR55pVu3

3 - Tusken cheiftain (Teebo torso and legs are perfect) and ...scout? medicine-man? (old Tusken torso and Rey's wrapper):

QpmxUcykWIqCHihjYKAbeapwJSz_ZQmPJML2Jlw1

4 - Max Reebo with organ - and Max Reebo with Aladdin body, Stitch legs and custom loincloth - the color match with the head is not ideal, but the original azure body is also slightly off:

mPsMY2AvU435gjfSY0DWSrwDCPKFpjfMB4deERMp

5 - Cantina band (well, part of it) with lego built instruments (and different hips):

SQhnZbCRmjJu38rimhCBV0Luty7WUOr2OSThCaPz

more will follow soon

cheers

Edited by Moff Muffins

Does anyone has a suggestion for updating Jyn Erso from U-Wing set? Mainly the legs to replace plain black leg she has. The minifigure with full gear looks like Eadu Jyn, but without cloth and with hair she has her normal clothes. The most noticeable feature on her legs is gun holster. So maybe old Han's legs from MF and upcoming Rathtar Escape?

10 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Does anyone has a suggestion for updating Jyn Erso from U-Wing set? Mainly the legs to replace plain black leg she has. The minifigure with full gear looks like Eadu Jyn, but without cloth and with hair she has her normal clothes. The most noticeable feature on her legs is gun holster. So maybe old Han's legs from MF and upcoming Rathtar Escape?

I used these:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=970c00pb140#T=C&C=11

but the Han Siolo ones seem pretty perfect, if you can get them.

2 hours ago, Galaad said:

Here's Jyn with Han Legs

<snip>

Thanks! Looks accurate to the movie look of Jyn. Now I'll have to BL another pair of Han's legs.

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't quote photos

2 minutes ago, Galaad said:

Here's Jyn with Han Legs

The Han legs from the latest MF are a great upgrade as shown by Galaad.

Moff Muffin, those are some nice tweaks by the way. In particular I love the Tuskan raiders. I think the AT-DP legs are more suited for the snow troopers but its nice to see something different used here. 

Thank you That Orange Thing. The Sandpeople deserve a bit variety. I already use the AT-DP legs for some of my Hoth Rebels. Also i wanted something that looks a bit more like boots. And the gray on the knees goes well with the gray on the torso, since i changed everything else to white (which I like better).

I think the legs from the Football Player CMF are good for Snowtroopers. The AT-DP drivers legs have pockets whereas the footballer's legs have knee pads which are more accurate.

23 hours ago, Moff Muffins said:

2 - handmade (not yet perfect) kamas for the Snowtroopers and finally printed legs (from the Jek-14 minifig):

<snip>

The kama looks nice but I really LOVE those legs on the Snowtroopers, somehow it feels a lot closer to the film then the AT-DP legs. I think its because these have the curve where the kneepad would be giving the illusion of greater accuracy. Either way they look fantastic! 

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't quote pics

On 3/25/2017 at 5:13 AM, benderisgreat said:

Over the weekend I took the first version ok Kana's legs and used an eraser to take off the holster part. I'm not a fan of "custom" parts but this was as close as I could get, and it looks awesome. I can try to post a pic at some point later. 

On 26/03/2017 at 7:04 AM, kevham8799 said:

Thanks! Those are the brickforge pauldrons, right? I picked up a couple of those, but they look a bit short/stubby to me with the helmets on. I'm hoping for an option that's a bit more extended beyond the shoulder once the helmets are on. I haven't found an Arealight one yet, but for what I've seen they might be a bit longer off the shoulder.

Ah yeah sorry. Aeralight pauldrons are a little bit too square IMO, stormtroopers pauldrons should have a more round shape, that's why I used brickforge ones. Arealight's are better for clones ;)

18 hours ago, Moff Muffins said:

Handmade (not yet perfect) kamas for the Snowtroopers and finally printed legs (from the Jek-14 minifig):

Wow they look nice ! I wonder how they could look with First Order Snowtrooper legs.

Ramses25

Edited by Ramses25