Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

30 minutes ago, roadstermatt said:

This looks very nice where did you get the gun from and what else is custom on this figure after the jet pack

29 minutes ago, legoSWfan said:

It's Brickarms Fett blaster only available in their Blasters Pack and the printed jetpack is from Arealight Custom Work (they have also the blue version for Boba/Jango)

The blaster is actually from Brickforge, which can be bought separately. Unfortunately, they don't have near as many blaster varieties as Brickarms though. 

23 minutes ago, legoSWfan said:

Slave One UCS version but the new version in the Desert Skiff has also the printed arms

Just to confirm, the newest Boba from the Desert Skiff doesn't have printed arms.

20170214_175219

Edited by Richpepperell

I believe the change with Boba Is his base colour which is now light grey in colour more like his Rotj outfit. It's a nice change up to be fair, however, Printed arms will always be used to sell UCS sets I'm afraid.

Here are my results on updating Captain Antilles, probably one of the most recast Star Wars characters in the series history

32528564390_630ae431ae.jpg

It's the original helmet and torso, At-St driver head, and with CMF hiker Legs, with printing partially removed (I was going to do the pockets too, but I like the look of them).

He looks pretty good lined up with my generic Rebel Troopers.

23 hours ago, legoSWfan said:

It's Brickarms Fett blaster only available in their Blasters Pack and the printed jetpack is from Arealight Custom Work (they have also the blue version for Boba/Jango)

That is a sweet looking blaster. I was looking for it but in their blaster pack, I see a different version of boba's gun.

Blaster-Pack-PROMO_500.png

Do you have a link to the version in his picture?

On 2/15/2017 at 10:45 AM, jhaelego said:

That is a sweet looking blaster. I was looking for it but in their blaster pack, I see a different version of boba's gun.

<snip>

Do you have a link to the version in his picture?

Yes it's because I made a mistake, as Fenom said, this one come from Brickforge, unfortunatly I can't find it on Brickforge website. I found some on eBay (ex: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Boba-Fett-Bounty-Hunter-EE-3-Carbine-Rifle-for-Lego-Minifigures-/272165885497 ) but that's it.

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't Quote Pics

2 hours ago, legoSWfan said:

Any idea, how update Juno's head ?

That one seems fairly simple, because I don't think think the hair printed on the original head is necessary for the figure now, so you can easily get one of the more generic female heads, such as this, or this, and use the updated shuttle pilot hat, or use this hair. And then I think the original torso looks fine.

Edited by IronFish

Any way to make a purist Rey blaster? The silver one doesn't look right to me, I'm currently using the grey double-barrel spacegun.

Edited by VaderFan2187
Also, 400 posts! :)

7 minutes ago, legoSWfan said:

Well, if by purist you mean accurate, you have the NN14 from Brickarms, which is the more accurate 

Purist means that it's an official LEGO part, not a custom. But thanks anyway :)

Does anyone have an idea as to what torso can be used for Captain Antilles? General Craken's is ok, but I think it's a little too off for my liking.
Also, in large armies, pauldrons and capes can be made out of coloured paper instead of fabric as it is a fairly good stand-in.

Edited by Ebkas

23 minutes ago, Ebkas said:

Does anyone have an idea as to what torso can be used for Captain Antilles? General Craken's is ok, but I think it's a little too off for my liking.
Also, in large armies, pauldrons and capes can be made out of coloured paper instead of fabric as it is a fairly good stand-in.

What's wrong with the original torso? If you'd like some inspiration, look at my Captain Antilles a couple posts back, I'm sure there's some room for improvement on it.

Just now, IronFish said:

What's wrong with the original torso? If you'd like some inspiration, look at my Captain Antilles a couple posts back, I'm sure there's some room for improvement on it.

It's pretty expensive for a torso.

4 minutes ago, Ebkas said:

It's pretty expensive for a torso.

Ah, that's understandable. Unfortunately, it's a really generic, but also unique print, so it's difficult to get a substitute. 

10 minutes ago, IronFish said:

Ah, that's understandable. Unfortunately, it's a really generic, but also unique print, so it's difficult to get a substitute. 

I think for now the most accurate torso choices are this and this.

I edited Clone Killer's Captain Antilles decal and made this: Captain Antilles Torso Decal New.png
I know it's not the right place to put it but I'm not quite sure where I should.

Edited by Ebkas

I think it's time to show my updated figures, now that I finally got the proper hair for Thrawn. I have to say that with a bit of patience the eraser method works perfectly well to remove undesired printing. It's a bit cloudy today so the quality of the picture is not the best, but I hope it's enough.

updated_minifigs.jpg

Thrawn and Yularen have custom printing in torso and head, and the leg printing was removed. All the rest are official, unmodded parts.

On 2/19/2017 at 0:07 PM, PaulPrime said:

I think it's time to show my updated figures, now that I finally got the proper hair for Thrawn. I have to say that with a bit of patience the eraser method works perfectly well to remove undesired printing. It's a bit cloudy today so the quality of the picture is not the best, but I hope it's enough.

<snip>

Thrawn and Yularen have custom printing in torso and head, and the leg printing was removed. All the rest are official, unmodded parts.

Love use of the older Tarkin head - the pure black eyes like a shark really suit him!

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't Quote Pics

7 hours ago, PaulPrime said:

Nice! Where did you get the custom printed pieces from?

18 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Love use of the older Tarkin head - the pure black eyes like a shark really suit him!

They have the right level of evilness to me as well. Thanks for your comment!

15 hours ago, Ebkas said:

Nice! Where did you get the custom printed pieces from?

Thanks! This is the Bricklink store where I bought the custom figures:  brickkit store