Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

32485272532_52de5c0fc2.jpg

Finally got my heads in (had to order from someone in China) I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for my from future bicklink orders. Anyway, now I have an updated squad of Rebel Fleet Troopers, with Imperial Technician legs, and couple have AT-ST Driver heads, seems like we have some defectors. Maybe I'll do my own Rogue One end scene moc in the future.

2 hours ago, JDbricks said:

Does anyone have a Vader with the two piece helmet, and a Force Unleashed battle damaged Darth Vader head?

If anyone could post a pic of what the TFU head looks like with the bottom piece of the new helmet, that'd be great. :classic:

I can do a picture of that once I get a new Vader, which I'm planning on doing in some way in the next few days, and I found my TFU Vader just a couple days ago.

Edited by IronFish

Oustanding results IronFish, these look proper to be trashed by stormies or mauled by Vader!

I would bother doing a custom IG-88 fig Red Cheese, wait for the next battle pack we are most likely getting an updated version  of him. 

I think Brasso does the best job removing prints, but be cautious with it not going to hard, it's really powerfull ( trumpet player here ). 

Edited by RetroInferno

Confirmed the Batman Utility belt works with the current backpack mold (the one we get with hoth troopers) so you can kit troopers with both a back pack and a utility belt. 

At the request of @JDbricks

32675675325_c7605093fa.jpg

32522873402_7b5ca3bdac.jpg

I also updated the legs while I was at it, I know it's not the right side, but it's the best there is for robo minifig legs. For now I still prefer the older Vader helmet, but I like the two part feature the new one has, because it's useful for stuff like this.

Edited by IronFish

2 minutes ago, JDbricks said:

:laugh: Ahhh @IronFish thanks so much for posting this!

Looks super awesome, I think I'm gonna Bricklink the parts and make this bad boy. :thumbup:

This was something I quickly threw together with parts I had on hand, if you want to do better, I'd suggest a dual molded left arm piece for the left arm, or something a bit more detailed than a plain bley one. Maybe a dual molded leg too.

2 minutes ago, IronFish said:

This was something I quickly threw together with parts I had on hand, if you want to do better, I'd suggest a dual molded left arm piece for the left arm, or something a bit more detailed than a plain bley one. Maybe a dual molded leg too.

Oh yeah, that's a good idea! 

I'm currently trying to update my AT-ST driver, however I was wondering if there was a more precise way to remove print. I'd like to preserve the wrinkles, but the eraser I'm using is too large to deal with just the chain :sceptic:

IMG_20170204_140424419.jpg

On 2/4/2017 at 2:12 PM, Fenom said:

I'm currently trying to update my AT-ST driver, however I was wondering if there was a more precise way to remove print. I'd like to preserve the wrinkles, but the eraser I'm using is too large to deal with just the chain :sceptic:

I'm not sure...that leg piece looks like a perfect match, though.  I wasn't aware of all these useful dual-molded pieces!

Come to think of it, those legs would also work well for Hoth Luke:

esbe12.jpg

(I just copied that image from a website, somebody please let me know if that's not allowed)

I turned my Battlefront damaged Stormtroopers into veteran Stormtroopers, inspired by the Battlefront Sullust Stormtroopers look.

32881499875_8562407047_c.jpg

32067056023_5b952e8d36_c.jpg

Edited by Ramses25

Nice update ! Where did you get those backpacks and pauldrons ? And I daresay the weapons come from Brickarms (Is a way to buy Brickarms star wars weapons without buying the whole pack ?)

Edited by legoSWfan

Thanks !
The backpack is from Aeralight and the pauldron from Brickforge. I bought them both on Firestar.com (a British shop).
The weapons are from BrickArms, yes ! You can buy some of them separately, but some other are exclusive in packs (like the T-21b)

Ramses25

Thank you :)

I never noticed Arealight has custom backpacks, some people have Clone Army Custom's backpacks ? They seem sweet

And someone has tested Arealight's printed jetpacks for Boba ? I fear that it might be too thick

4 hours ago, legoSWfan said:

Thank you :)

I never noticed Arealight has custom backpacks, some people have Clone Army Custom's backpacks ? They seem sweet

And someone has tested Arealight's printed jetpacks for Boba ? I fear that it might be too thick

I use it for my Boba, and personally, I think it's the perfect finishing touch.oHLGzAh.jpg

3 hours ago, Fenom said:

I use it for my Boba, and personally, I think it's the perfect finishing touch.*snip*

Seems a little big, I thought about the same thing, thanks for the pic, but I think I'll keep the flat silver one.

On 4 februari 2017 at 9:12 PM, Fenom said:

Well I have the same problem, but at least I found something that is faster, steel wool. Of course it slightly damage the plastic, but it's sooooooo much faster than the eraser and if it's not an expensive or rare piece one, why not. The value is more or less gone anyway ones you've started to rub of the print since few people want to pay customized parts...

Tape the area you want to keep and use Brasso. Doesn't damage like steel wool. You can even put Brasso on the end of a wooden tooth pick if you wanted to get very detailed.

On the subject of updating figs I've now updated my 9 Rebel Troopers with those legs and a variety of updated head with chin straps. Definitely looking much better.

I was growing on Bricklink and noticed a white Mercedes torso with velcro neck piece. It's not got the padding detailing on the rest of the torso but I was thinking that brassy'ing off the Mercedes logo from the chest and adding Toryn Farr's legs would make a pretty good Bespin Escape Leia.

Edited by Robianco

On 2/13/2017 at 6:12 PM, Fenom said:

I use it for my Boba, and personally, I think it's the perfect finishing touch.<snip>

Thank you for the picture, on your picture, the whole thing looks good but on Arealight's Flickr the side view shows indeed a thick jetpack. I'll fall back on CaC option, even if it's without printed elements.

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't Quote Pics

7 hours ago, Robianco said:

Tape the area you want to keep and use Brasso. Doesn't damage like steel wool. You can even put Brasso on the end of a wooden tooth pick if you wanted to get very detailed.

Thank you, I'll give this a try

On 2/13/2017 at 6:12 PM, Fenom said:

I use it for my Boba, and personally, I think it's the perfect finishing touch.<snip>

This looks very nice where did you get the gun from and what else is custom on this figure after the jet pack

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't Quote Pics

It's Brickarms Fett blaster only available in their Blasters Pack and the printed jetpack is from Arealight Custom Work (they have also the blue version for Boba/Jango)