Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

4 minutes ago, TWP said:

I prefer the original to be honest. Also, Krennic has black pants so you won't need that double molded legs piece :wink:

Yeah, I know but the black pants are so boring. He changed his uniform^^. I switched the hair back looks better with the original. But I like the hair piece and will find another figure for it. 

4 minutes ago, McLustig said:

Yeah, I know but the black pants are so boring. He changed his uniform^^. I switched the hair back looks better with the original. But I like the hair piece and will find another figure for it. 

Hehe, yeah thanks for showing at least, now I don't have to buy the CMF :)

4 minutes ago, Robianco said:

That's Winter Soldier's torso from the Marvel line.

I think it's a little too dark for Bail Organa. I picked up Christo's custom of him relatively cheaply and the skin tone is spot on for him.

Of course it's from an expensive minifig. Thanks either way.

Yeah, it's too dark for bail indeed, I agree, but there's not much better purist available. You have a link for christo's head? Will probalbly be too expensive either way haha. And then of course I'd need a torso with it too, I currently use Nick Fury's one

Edited by TWP

8 minutes ago, TWP said:

Hehe, yeah thanks for showing at least, now I don't have to buy the CMF :)

Of course it's from an expensive minifig. Thanks either way.

Yeah, it's too dark for bail indeed, I agree, but there's not much better purist available.

Winter Soldier is actually quite cheap. I've ended up with several of them for various reasons although I'm using one of them for a Blade custom. I think you can buy the whole figure for around £2.50 on BL which is roughly the same cost as the torso alone.

The flesh skin tone does leave things quite limited. It's part of why I actually quite like the Freemaker sets. I wonder if a little clean up work with brasso on Base Malbus' head would work? Take the scar off and you have the right skin tone if you can tidy the goatee up a little. Maybe Sami Khedira from the German Football players too.... nice clean goatee but needs the rest of the stubble removed

Edited by Robianco

1 hour ago, McLustig said:

Hi guys,

I've bought Lego Batman Minifigures and thought the Commissioner Gordons hair would fit Director Krennic. The Lego Version looks a bit young. What do you think?

-snip-

-snip-

I honestly think that he has a bit too much hair if he uses that piece. 

1 hour ago, TWP said:

Nice, what is that torso from?

Not too sure, but I recall seeing it before.

Edited by VaderFan2187
EDIT: Forgot to go to next page first. Oops!

23 hours ago, Robianco said:

Winter Soldier is actually quite cheap. I've ended up with several of them for various reasons although I'm using one of them for a Blade custom. I think you can buy the whole figure for around £2.50 on BL which is roughly the same cost as the torso alone.

The flesh skin tone does leave things quite limited. It's part of why I actually quite like the Freemaker sets. I wonder if a little clean up work with brasso on Base Malbus' head would work? Take the scar off and you have the right skin tone if you can tidy the goatee up a little. Maybe Sami Khedira from the German Football players too.... nice clean goatee but needs the rest of the stubble removed

Thanks, you're quite helpful! :sweet:

17 hours ago, JDbricks said:

Force unleashed Shadow guard-

That looks pretty nice, thanks for sharing :)

I never run out of ideas on a colourful Sabine. Never changed out pieces on any figure so often. The blue & orange are the best representation available for her purple/orangish S3 armor painting.
Ezra's clothes aren't accurate as well, but I'm sick of outdated & underdetailed S1 outfits. This looks nice & suits him I think.

df0sZr8.jpg

HH8UUX9.jpg

7 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I never run out of ideas on a colourful Sabine. Never changed out pieces on any figure so often. The blue & orange are the best representation available for her purple/orangish S3 armor painting.
Ezra's clothes aren't accurate as well, but I'm sick of outdated & underdetailed S1 outfits. This looks nice & suits him I think.

*snip*

I love your Sabine, but as for Ezra I don't think that hair piece quite matches his S3 look. Might a I suggest a better approximation?

32421720631_8e1ca3d13c.jpgJedha Patrol Trooper by Sean Fisher, on Flickr

My attempt at making a Jedha stormtrooper. it's just a sandtrooper with a "Jet trooper" helmet, and a different backpack. 

Edited by IronFish

4 hours ago, IronFish said:

My attempt at making a Jedha stormtrooper. it's just a sandtrooper with a "Jet trooper" helmet, and a different backpack. 

Looks cool ??. Please show your backpack in detail. 

10 hours ago, McLustig said:

Looks cool ??. Please show your backpack in detail. 

It's just a red brown 1x2 with two black studs on it. I could probably make a more detailed one but those were the parts I had on hand, and I got the colors close enough, so I'm happy with it.

On 1/26/2017 at 4:55 PM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

<snip>

<snip>

I love your Sabine, I've already updated the hair on ours to the same, but where are the dual-printed azure arms from?

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't Quote Pics

5 minutes ago, Daddy_Startdust said:

I love your Sabine, I've already updated the hair on ours to the same, but where are the dual-printed azure arms from?

The dual molded arms on Sabine are not azure, they're actually medium blue, and they come from Itchy, from the first series of The Simpsons Collectible Minifigures.

3 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

The dual molded arms on Sabine are not azure, they're actually medium blue, and they come from Itchy, from the first series of The Simpsons Collectible Minifigures.

Another expert when it comes to special prints? :devil:   Yes neither the orange nor the medium blue match her hair or her brown-yellowish print.
But somehow it still seems to be the best colour combination with that hairpiece - her S3 outfit also has a few different brown-yellowish tones.
Unfortunately everything about Sabine is still wrong:
- the dark grey parts of her armor should be black
- as should the arms be, but with colourful decoration, including printed shoulder pads.

21 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I think Ezra's hair looks more like LEGO Thrawn's hair. Blue and slicked back. Or you could use a black one @Kim-Kwang-Seok

May I ask why Kanan has a sword?

I tried out the hairmold in both colours. Funny that we got the right colour from the Thrawn figure :grin:. I switch between all three of them, can't really decide.
Normally I even use a yellow face with a scar for Ezra, but that way no one would have recognized him here :wink:

Did you see the latest episode of Rebels? If not you should. The kendo stick was a homage to that episode.

Wondered if anyone had The Eraser from the Batman CMF series. By rubbing off one of the eyes I think you could get a good IG88 head. I had a feel of some packets but couldn't find him!

6 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Wondered if anyone had The Eraser from the Batman CMF series. By rubbing off one of the eyes I think you could get a good IG88 head. I had a feel of some packets but couldn't find him!

Actually I think the eyes would be good, if some customizer would be willing to add some more eyes. But yeah, with a single silver flat stud on top it could work.

15 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Might be worth waiting for the highly anticipated bounty pack for an IG88 figure. I still have my doubts Lego would make a battlepack that awesome though. The  Eraser head is a really good shout if it does fall through. 

Looks like TLG has beaten us to it with IG88s head, going by the newly released photos of the new BH battle pack. 

I was randomly checking for sales in a store - and found a few Halloween CMF's 50 % off. Got the scientist - otherwise I'd have ordered the figure because of the dual molded legs.
- the leg printing looks odd, but still it's sooooo much better than without the black boots :wub:
Here we go:

e4R6KyK.jpg

XXWLDOV.jpg

I twisted the hip piece around. So now I can say the printing on the legs is some kind of holster.

On 1/27/2017 at 5:51 PM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Another expert when it comes to special prints? :devil:

Nope, I'm just a causual SW fanboy who was lurking in this thread and knew the answer to the question. :blush:

But if you want to call me a special prints expert, I'm technically qualified, so go right ahead, I won't stop you. :grin: :tongue: :devil: :devil_laugh:

On 1/28/2017 at 11:57 AM, Richpepperell said:

On 1/28/2017 at 6:03 PM, The Brick King said:

Actually I think the eyes would be good, if some customizer would be willing to add some more eyes. But yeah, with a single silver flat stud on top it could work.

I have The Eraser, but I'm unwilling to enucleate the poor guy, or turn him into the Ten-Eyed Man, and I have no flat silver tiles to boot. I also don't know what bricks one might use to attach that head to IG-88's body, as they have different connection points. It's been a while since I've picked up any SW Lego, so sorry if any of my references are dated.   

1 hour ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I was randomly checking for sales in a store - and found a few Halloween CMF's 50 % off. Got the scientist - otherwise I'd have ordered the figure because of the dual molded legs.
- the leg printing looks odd, but still it's sooooo much better than without the black boots :wub:
Here we go:
I twisted the hip piece around. So now I can say the printing on the legs is some kind of holster.

I'm not sure if you're a purist or not, but there are methods to get rid of print like that without harming the boots, some of which are even demonstrated in this very thread! :head_back:

Personally, I like a good ol' fashioned pencil eraser and some elbow grease, but I've seen stuff like that removed with Brasso and even toothpaste. The minifigure customization forum has done some amazing things to Lego with ordinary householdy stuff, if you're into that sort of thing.

Edited by TheBigRedCheese
Phrasing

Wow Thrawn looks amazing with the dual molded boots! Rubbing alcohol works wonders. It shouldnt effect the boots as the point of dual molding is that the black half of the legs is the actual base color of the plastic. I could be wrong. 

54 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Rubbing alcohol works wonders. It shouldn't effect the boots as the point of dual molding is that the black half of the legs is the actual base color of the plastic. I could be wrong. 

Good to know that rubbing alcohol works too! I've been working with erasers and toothpaste, and trying to get into Brasso.

Edited by TheBigRedCheese
Grammar

5 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Personally, I like a good ol' fashioned pencil eraser and some elbow grease, but I've seen stuff like that removed with Brasso and even toothpaste. The minifigure customization forum has done some amazing things to Lego with ordinary householdy stuff, if you're into that sort of thing.

I used the same legs from the mad scientist and just used a standard eraser to get rid of the printing. Worked perfectly and you'd never know it had been there. 

Also used same method on legs from the spooky boy from the same cmf series. The legs are perfect dual molded for the grey imperial officer from the death star (although I haven't actually got it yet!)  

Does anyone have a Vader with the two piece helmet, and a Force Unleashed battle damaged Darth Vader head?

If anyone could post a pic of what the TFU head looks like with the bottom piece of the new helmet, that'd be great. :classic: