Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

9 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Even without painting it would look better than it does currently..
Thanks for the tip & for posting your figure!

I'd love to post pictures of my updated minifigcollection, but unfortunately I don't have any medium for pictures. Anyone her knowing about an alternative?

You don't have a smartphone? I also did the pics with mine.

Edited by Fabiwalker

Just to check, there's no other minifig with a uniform similar to that of Thrawn's but with the correct insignia out there is there? The only one that's similar to Thrawn's I can think of is Krennic's, but I'm fairly sure he has the same insignia on his torso too.

Yeah, that's as close as you'll get. I think Thrawn's is the same as Krennic's but with blue hands and the pseudo-epaulets. 

Just now, legoSWfan said:

And what about polybag of Yularen ? I did not check so maybe I'm wrong. 

Yularen's insignia is 3 red and 3 blue in a single row and no code cylinders.

To anyone who owns Thrawn,do you have Lego's gold epaulettes? Could you post a pic of new Thrawn with them on?

@Deathstroke77 the closest for rank would be the new Tarkin but obvioudly not a white uniform. Since the ranks are essentially the same, if you dont like the Rebels style torso Print you could always use Krennic's more realistic looking one.

I was wondering if custom capes exist in order to be more accurate with movies or if anyone has an idea to make my own ?

For example Director Krennic's cape covers his shoulders in Rogue One and give him this so awesome "Imperial" style but in Lego he has a "normal" cape which is far less cool. 

23 hours ago, Forresto said:

@Deathstroke77 the closest for rank would be the new Tarkin but obvioudly not a white uniform. Since the ranks are essentially the same, if you dont like the Rebels style torso Print you could always use Krennic's more realistic looking one.

Nah, the torso is fine, I was just hoping there was an accurate Grand Admiral torso print out there I could use instead so the fig is more accurate, but if there isn't, oh well. He's still Thrawn. What bugs me though is that I get the horrible feeling they'll re-release him in another set next summer or 2018 with the correct torso print, which, while it's good to get a new, correct, torso print, it sucks that I'd have to get another set just to get a completely accurate depiction.

2 hours ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Nah, the torso is fine, I was just hoping there was an accurate Grand Admiral torso print out there I could use instead so the fig is more accurate, but if there isn't, oh well. He's still Thrawn. What bugs me though is that I get the horrible feeling they'll re-release him in another set next summer or 2018 with the correct torso print, which, while it's good to get a new, correct, torso print, it sucks that I'd have to get another set just to get a completely accurate depiction.

You could always just wipe the current one off and see if someone can make you decal with the correct bars and colors.

28 minutes ago, carnage717 said:

You could always just wipe the current one off and see if someone can make you decal with the correct bars and colors.

I am going to be attempt to start learning to do custom decals tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't take too long, I'll make a topic when I've successfully traced a design. Will do Tarkin or stormtrooper lieutenant first.

I was going to wait until the summer, but Thrawn's rank insignia being wrong has sped up me wanting to progress with my imperial military project.

8 hours ago, Calanon said:

I am going to be attempt to start learning to do custom decals tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't take too long, I'll make a topic when I've successfully traced a design. Will do Tarkin or stormtrooper lieutenant first.

I was going to wait until the summer, but Thrawn's rank insignia being wrong has sped up me wanting to progress with my imperial military project.

I actually set up Christo's Thrawn design a few years ago (before I actually got Christo's figure) which has the correct insignia but the uniform is the Clone Wars style I think. It looks a little dated now but it wouldn't be difficult to update the styling on it.

It's set up in Adobe Illustrator is that would help.

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

I actually set up Christo's Thrawn design a few years ago (before I actually got Christo's figure) which has the correct insignia but the uniform is the Clone Wars style I think. It looks a little dated now but it wouldn't be difficult to update the styling on it.

It's set up in Adobe Illustrator is that would help.

There are a lot of things I want to do, not simply updating. The code cylinders for imperial officers as off the Death Star set have coloured tops now, for example. 

Unfortunately, the guide for tracing with Adobe Illustrator lost its pictures when the forum was updated. :sad: I'll try and learn regardless.

On 23.12.2016 at 8:53 PM, Fabiwalker said:

You don't have a smartphone? I also did the pics with mine.

I do, but don't you need a different medium to post pictures in decent quality on eurobricks? Or is there a way around it, because I don't have flickr or something else.

2 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I do, but don't you need a different medium to post pictures in decent quality on eurobricks? Or is there a way around it, because I don't have flickr or something else.

You can use imgur on mobile and just upload and copy the url onto here.

On 12/27/2016 at 4:26 AM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Stash said to me before that Ipernity is an option too. Haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

Also, has someone created a better Padawan Obi wan yet? Or am I stuck with 1970s LEGO hair?

Edited by VaderFan2187

Thx the help, as soon as I get to make new pictures I'm gonna try with the recommended sites. Since failing to create an account on brickshelf my Mods & updates have evolved quite a bit :wink:

EPI Kenobi: If you don't want to paint Finns hairpiece I'd rather go with the "slick hairpiece", that they also gave EPII Anakin. Shame they didn't repaint Finns hairpiece for him.
70's hair :thumbup::grin:

1 hour ago, Flieger said:

Hello there! I am not totally happy with Krennic's hair. Do you think the new Commissioner Gordon hair would be better?

http://brickset.com/sets/71017-7/Commissioner-Gordon

I think it might work...

Seems good regarding this picture https://nerdvanamedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/orson-krennic-rogue-one-ben-mendelsohn.jpg