Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

23 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Yep, now we've actually seen the figures it's not as rich pickings as I'd hoped. Never mind, I'm sure the Star Wars CMF will be arriving anytime now... 

I might still use the Gordon hair pieces for my General Rieekan and the reddish brown utility belt looks useful.

I really like that utility belt piece. Wishing they'll release it in black (for Death Troopers) and white (for Scout Troopers).

The Utility belt will be excellent for rebel troopers. I plan on getting a lot of them.

It would be incredible if they created a stormtrooper variant of the belt so that we could retrofit our imperial armies. :sweet: I'm proverbially salivating at the thought of it!

On 23/11/2016 at 7:34 PM, Forresto said:

The Utility belt will be excellent for rebel troopers. I plan on getting a lot of them.

I'm guessing you mean the brown catman one - you're right - really useful! There are some pretty good parts to be had here - dual-molded arms, Maybe some heads. There's a lot of buts which I might not need now but that will suddenly become useful a year down the line!

Looks like we have our work cut out for us again with some of the 2017 figs - the ROTJ version of Lando is pretty inaccurate to the costume used in the film. Ideally, one would use some Sand Blue legs with dual-molded black boots, but unfortunately such a piece doesn't exist yet. This is the closest thing I could find, but I feel that Medium Blue color is just a bit too bright, and the boots aren't even black. I'm not sure why TLG decided to give him plain LBG legs, but it looks really off and makes the figure look far too plain. Thrawn's also gonna need some updating if one wishes for him to look like he did in the EU. I've got some things planned for that fig to hopefully make it look the best it can be.

Edited by Nokturn

1 hour ago, Nokturn said:

Looks like we have our work cut out for us again with some of the 2017 figs - the ROTJ version of Lando is pretty inaccurate to the costume used in the film. Ideally, one would use some Sand Blue legs with dual-molded black boots, but unfortunately such a piece doesn't exist yet. This is the closest thing I could find, but I feel that Medium Blue color is just a bit too bright, and the boots aren't even black. I'm not sure why TLG decided to give him plain LBG legs, but it looks really off and makes the figure look far too plain. Thrawn's also gonna need some updating if one wishes for him to look like he did in the EU. I've got some things planned for that fig to hopefully make it look the best it can be.

And his rank isn't even correct, is should be three blue, three yellow, three blue, three red. Really disappointing. Lego really need to pick up their game on the accuracy of the minifig designs

9 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Anyone know how to make an updated version of Zam Wesell? Thanks :)

I possess the old figure & still think it's a great figure (certainly the best at that time). Just the helmet bothers me, though the face was of an underwhelming design either.

- Unfortunately I don't know any face print  or piece for her napkin, especially in that purple colour.
- painting a purple napkin over another female's mouth shouldn't be that hard to do.
- the closest thing that comes near to her helmet could be a silver/crome Samurai helmet. But that would be too bulcy I think.
- costume purple cloth pieces for her legs & neck improved my figure.

Does anyone of you possess the latest Ben Kenobi figure? The one with the horrible pants. I just put dark brown legs onto the figure, since I couldn't stand the look otherwise. Any tips on how to improve?

3 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Does anyone of you possess the latest Ben Kenobi figure? The one with the horrible pants. I just put dark brown legs onto the figure, since I couldn't stand the look otherwise. Any tips on how to improve?

When I get 75159 I could see… though others may be better. Dual-molded legs would definitely have been better for that figure. A hood would okay too, I think.

8 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

When I get 75159 I could see… though others may be better. Dual-molded legs would definitely have been better for that figure. A hood would okay too, I think.

Though you'd have the same problem as with Mace Windu, Qui Gon & others: the tan colour is barly visible since most of it is covered by pants & boots. Imagine them doing that with the last Windu figure - than it would have looked like he wore white boots.

On 6.12.2016 at 5:30 PM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I cut a standard brown cape to kind of a waistcape. Solves the problem pretty good. I'll upload pictures of it probably tomorrow.

Does anyone know if there are any white & red dual moulded legs, with the red at the bottom? If there are, a custom decal could be applied to make better shocktrooper legs.

1 hour ago, Calanon said:

Does anyone know if there are any white & red dual moulded legs, with the red at the bottom? If there are, a custom decal could be applied to make better shocktrooper legs.

The new Lego Batman Movie Harley Quinn comes with white legs and red boots.

Just now, Helghan said:

The new Lego Batman Movie Harley Quinn comes with white legs and red boots.

Oh, so she does. Why do I feel like she's going to be an expensive figure and make it not really worth the cost for more accurate shocktroopers?

1 hour ago, Calanon said:

Oh, so she does. Why do I feel like she's going to be an expensive figure and make it not really worth the cost for more accurate shocktroopers?

IIRC she's actually in the Batman CMF?

1 hour ago, Deathstroke77 said:

'Tis indeed correct, but I think there is leg printing there as well, since it's a nurse variant, so it mightn't be any good.

Actually, it looks pretty nice. Swap the hip piece for a regular white one and then cover the black laces and you're good to go imo.

19 hours ago, Fabiwalker said:

I cut a standard brown cape to kind of a waistcape. Solves the problem pretty good. I'll upload pictures of it probably tomorrow.

obi1.jpg

obi2.jpg

obi3.jpg

Edited by Fabiwalker

42 minutes ago, Bley Harvest said:

Fabiwalker, that looks great!  I wonder if the same could be done for Han from Tyderium... Did you just use the Snowtrooper Skirt as a template?

I actually used Marge Simpsons skirt as a template, but taped an area back so it doesn't go around the whole legs. You could do it for Endor Han with cutting an olive green standard Cape(from Hobbit 3 Elrond) in that shape, but I think it would also need some camo painting.

I have modified Baze Malbus from 75153... I don't liked the hair (lobi-wan ep2 or aragorn's style) and replaced with the hair of Thorin Oakenshield

I think this hair is a better option. The problem is this one don't allow the backpack, but ok.... I don't like the backpack

baze01.jpg

That's definitely a better hair choice. I'm assuming the reason they didn't use it is down the backpack issue as you've stated.

On 21.12.2016 at 9:03 PM, Fabiwalker said:

I actually used Marge Simpsons skirt as a template, but taped an area back so it doesn't go around the whole legs. You could do it for Endor Han with cutting an olive green standard Cape(from Hobbit 3 Elrond) in that shape, but I think it would also need some camo painting.

Even without painting it would look better than it does currently..
Thanks for the tip & for posting your figure!

I'd love to post pictures of my updated minifigcollection, but unfortunately I don't have any medium for pictures. Anyone her knowing about an alternative?