Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

1 hour ago, TWP said:

These both look awesome, I am wanting to make such an army of imperials too :D

@Robianco do you have your officers named? I can't seem to recognice them all, haha. I see Veers, Yularen, ... , ... , Piett, Motti?, Tarkin, ... , ... , ... , Thrawn, Paellon?, Isard.

And where did you get the dual molded light bluish legs from?

I think I've got them as Veers, Yularen, Needa, Ozzel, Piett, Motti, Tarkin, (bloke near Turbo lift on Death Star), Childsen, Endicott, Thrawn, Pellaeon, Isard.

Only one that's not named currently is the light grey uniform. The legs are from the Gothic Boy in Series 16 CMF and they've had a bit of Brasso work to take the print off.

I've ordered three more torsos and two more caps so I can get Jerjerrod added along with Tagge and then a third... possibly one from the second Death Star.

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

I think I've got them as Veers, Yularen, Needa, Ozzel, Piett, Motti, Tarkin, (bloke near Turbo lift on Death Star), Childsen, Endicott, Thrawn, Pellaeon, Isard.

Only one that's not named currently is the light grey uniform. The legs are from the Gothic Boy in Series 16 CMF and they've had a bit of Brasso work to take the print off.

I've ordered three more torsos and two more caps so I can get Jerjerrod added along with Tagge and then a third... possibly one from the second Death Star.

Ah thanks... need to go after that CMF then ;)

Weren't all those Piett torso's insanely expensive? xD

I think I'll try to get into decals so I can give all imperials a nice appropiate rank :)

Btw, if you need more information for imperial personnel try:

http://www.starwars.com/news/death-star-ii-personnel-and-imperial-human-resources

They also had an article for ANH but I seem to have lost it :/

4 minutes ago, TWP said:

Ah thanks... need to go after that CMF then ;)

Weren't all those Piett torso's insanely expensive? xD

I think I'll try to get into decals so I can give all imperials a nice appropiate rank :)

Btw, if you need more information for imperial personnel try:

http://www.starwars.com/news/death-star-ii-personnel-and-imperial-human-resources

They also had an article for ANH but I seem to have lost it :/

Thankfully I only needed a second Piett torso for Ozzel and I got that quite reaonably. The captain torsos from the ISD and the caps I got for £1.75 each so less than £9 for the three torsos and two caps.

It would be great to get a couple of other imperial officer insignia too 

On 10/18/2016 at 0:47 AM, aukevin said:

Awesome.  I'll give it a shot.  Might have to buy a couple just in case!  All your photos are great.  I'd love to have a whole Red Squadron.

Thanks a lot I appreciate the kind words.

the reason why I got so obsessive about the pilots was noticing a while ago that the prints for different pilot minifigs were different, which opened up a whole can of worms. Different uniforms in different productions, extensive reuse of props, etc. Months later i am still trying to assemble the pilots but it's difficult for a variety of reasons. There aren't any designs on the rebel helmet piece for red 1 or red 4 and there aren't any unique pilot faces with the visor down. My mission to make the squadron spiralled into the other squadrons and now I have dozens of pilots , it's ridiculous. Anyway here's what I have so far:

koPPJ7V.jpg

red squadron on the right and gold on the left. I'm keen to add red 1 and red 4 as well, but its looking  like  i will have to paint on the designs myself because there aren't any  prints out there to me knowledge. 

Another thing i updated - I was looking at the padme figure from 75021 and because I am always trying to figure out how to make more of her many costumes from the films in minifig form (because there are so few officially made and no apparent market for them), I realised that it might be possible to rub out the 'damaged' version that comes out in the official set and end up with the actual costume, which looks like this: 

Padme+17.jpg

so I got to work and here is the finished product. 

6sOVJWm.jpg

I'm pretty happy with it, but as you can see there is some evidence of the method I used to achieve the look which is disappointing. It was looking really good but then I got impatient and rushed some of the fine work where lines meet, so it's not perfect. But i like it. Next i'm thinking of adding the arm bracelets onto each arm with some reflective paint and perhaps think about her elaborate cape thing and how to make that, But happy for now. 

Here's my collection of costumes so far:

gQ9q0kD.png

All officially produced except #3 and #6. For #2 (tatooine in TPM), I just replaced the reddish brown hair with dark brown to match the others. For #6, I took the face that comes in 7961 and the new wonder woman hair which I think is perfect to represent the nursery/death bed gown from ROTS:

18lovgk9h4kvwjpg.jpg  and 5dcb921ef5793ec5b25a9d4a2793e7ad.jpg

of course, the facial expression isn't really appopriate but I think it will do for now. I'm considering doing a fabric skirt to mimic the flowing part of the gown, but it's very simple so that can come later. I might do some simple crease patterns on the torso later to show that as well.

I was not too happy with the Captain Rex figure in the AT-TE, so I went with the Endor older rebel head and the legs of the AT-DP driver from Kanan's Speeder Bike. Although I prefer the dual mold this definitely feels like an upgrade with more "combat" type pants. 

Having trouble getting it attached, but picture is on my Flickr. 

30556927112_cc4dd8b46c_b.jpg

Edited by Cpt. Dan

Its really funny you used that face because according to Dave Filoni that old bearded guy on Endor, which that head is supposed to represent,  is apprarently going to be retconned to be Rex.

43 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Its really funny you used that face because according to Dave Filoni that old bearded guy on Endor, which that head is supposed to represent,  is apprarently going to be retconned to be Rex.

Really? Do you have a source?

Would surprise me, but actually I think I could get used to that ;)

Edited by TWP

1 hour ago, TWP said:

He had said that to him the older rebel in Han's unit is Captain Rex and he wants to see if he can make it happen. I think it would be interesting, and a great way to close out Rex's story when you think about it. 

14 hours ago, TWP said:

He said hes 90% sure its rex.

Later he said if people dont want it hes doing it anyway because hes gone mad with power like Palpatine. 

15 hours ago, Cpt. Dan said:

I was not too happy with the Captain Rex figure in the AT-TE, so I went with the Endor older rebel head and the legs of the AT-DP driver from Kanan's Speeder Bike. Although I prefer the dual mold this definitely feels like an upgrade with more "combat" type pants. 

Having trouble getting it attached, but picture is on my Flickr. 

Image not found 

17 hours ago, Cpt. Dan said:

He had said that to him the older rebel in Han's unit is Captain Rex and he wants to see if he can make it happen. I think it would be interesting, and a great way to close out Rex's story when you think about it. 

4 hours ago, pittpenguin123 said:

Later he said if people dont want it hes doing it anyway because hes gone mad with power like Palpatine. 

Image not found 

Thanks guys, I looked on wookieepedia and it was in the behind the scenes section with source. Quite interesting, thanks for pointing it out.

I kinda doubt it could be Rex. Rex looks quite old already in SW Rebels, and RotJ is even about 10 years later. Especially with his 2x groth acceleration this makes a difference, being 20 years older for a normal person.

To do the math correctly: Rex was born 32 years BBY, The battle of Endor is approximately 4.5 years after that, in 4-5 ABY. Meaning he is 36.5 years in RotJ, so 73 years for a normal human. And I think anyone can imagine people of 70+ aren't commando-fit anymore. However, it could be that the groth acceleration does not work like that exactly for the entire life, and that the body cells don't age twice as fast too. In this case, it may be possible.

8 hours ago, pittpenguin123 said:

Image not found 

Looks like it is only working on my phone.

Captain Rex, updated.

Hopefully some more luck this time around.

4 hours ago, TWP said:

Thanks guys, I looked on wookieepedia and it was in the behind the scenes section with source. Quite interesting, thanks for pointing it out.

I kinda doubt it could be Rex. Rex looks quite old already in SW Rebels, and RotJ is even about 10 years later. Especially with his 2x groth acceleration this makes a difference, being 20 years older for a normal person.

To do the math correctly: Rex was born 32 years BBY, The battle of Endor is approximately 4.5 years after that, in 4-5 ABY. Meaning he is 36.5 years in RotJ, so 73 years for a normal human. And I think anyone can imagine people of 70+ aren't commando-fit anymore. However, it could be that the groth acceleration does not work like that exactly for the entire life, and that the body cells don't age twice as fast too. In this case, it may be possible.

I've seen 80 year old men who can do laps around the block. I expect Rex to be the guy who exercises everyday and keeps training hid body. 

And we don't even know how the clones work after being alive so long. I'm pretty sure they weren't intended to live this long. (Like how they couldn't be effected by stress but Rex experienced PTD)

1 hour ago, Cpt. Dan said:

Looks like it is only working on my phone.

Hopefully some more luck this time around.

"Good work soldier!"

9 hours ago, TWP said:

I like the idea and reckon it's possible.

rex in 32 bby (episode 1): 0 years old, 0 years aged

rex in 22 bby (episode 2, geonosis) : 10 years old, 20 years aged

rex in 19 bby (episode 3, order 66, siege of mandalore) : 13 years old, 26 years aged

Rex in 5-3 bby (not sure. his first reappearance is s2e1 so he would be about ) : ~28 years old, ~56 years aged

rex in 2 bby (rebels s3e4) : 30 years old, 60 years aged

rex in 0 bby (episode 4) : 32 old, 64 aged

rex in 3.5 aby (episode 5) : 35.5 old, 71 aged

rex in 4 aby (battle of endorse where he might have appeared ) : 36 old, 72 aged.

i think it's a stretch but by no means impossible for a 72 year old to still being active like that. 

It just seems like pointlessly cramming in some theoretical continuity where there was none required.

I don't personally love the idea, especially because it feels strange for Rex to be relegated to the background as such and Filoni's reasoning is bizarre. I mean why wouldn't there be tons of old men in the Rebel Alliance fighting on the front lines. I mean look at the US civil war, while the majority were probably young people as with every war waged, there were tons of older men enlisting especially for the confederates where it's an every man must fight situation (that's not a political statement just a historical one). The rebels needed every man and woman who could hold a blaster and if someone had extensive combat experience I would imagine that would make them an asset worthy of being considered a commando despite age. 

But if it does turn out to be retconned to Rex i'll be alright with it because I really love Rex as a character and honestly and its not the most egregious change made in the new canon. 

Not sure if anyone else has done this. I put one of the newer softer capes on the front, looks kinda cool.

IMG_0199

Nice. I think that looks really good like that, it drapes well. I did a similar thing with the judges robe thingy a few months ago  but I will have to try that, I think it works better.

rise, my friend

Edited by atlas

13 minutes ago, atlas said:

Nice. I think that looks really good like that, it drapes well. I did a similar thing with the judges robe thingy but I will have to try that, I think it works better.

Awesome, glad I could inspire. 

Seeing your guards made me realize mine is holding his staff wrong, I might get flak for that. :grin: Nice collection of royals, by the way!

Maybe not strictly right for this thread (yet) , but I'm thinking the just-announced Batman CMF series is going to be a goldmine of fleshie heads, hand and hairpieces. First thoughts - there's a head in one of the sets we maya get again that looks like a perfect Biggs, and Barbara Gordon should be a good Rae Sloane too!

22 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Maybe not strictly right for this thread (yet) , but I'm thinking the just-announced Batman CMF series is going to be a goldmine of fleshie heads, hand and hairpieces. First thoughts - there's a head in one of the sets we maya get again that looks like a perfect Biggs, and Barbara Gordon should be a good Rae Sloane too!

There are a lot of batman variants and Gordan has a big pair of specs on so no Biggs this time. Just going to say that the level of detail on the batman cmf line up is just insane. Almost makes plain legs on some main characters in the rouge sets look embarrassing in comparison.

17 minutes ago, That Orange Thing said:

There are a lot of batman variants and Gordan has a big pair of specs on so no Biggs this time. Just going to say that the level of detail on the batman cmf line up is just insane. Almost makes plain legs on some main characters in the rouge sets look embarrassing in comparison.

Yep, now we've actually seen the figures it's not as rich pickings as I'd hoped. Never mind, I'm sure the Star Wars CMF will be arriving anytime now... 

We'll have the same complaint from some here as over in licensed though... Where is Leia Bespin Escape? Why no Bespin Luke? I can't believe the didn't give us Cloud City Lando!

5 hours ago, Robianco said:

We'll have the same complaint from some here as over in licensed though... Where is Leia Bespin Escape? Why no Bespin Luke? I can't believe the didn't give us Cloud City Lando!

Star Wars CMF would fly off shelves like nothing before though. I would be amazed if none of those figures appeared after several hypothetical series. Or maybe I wouldn't, knowing Lego and their practice of putting sought  after characters in prohibitively expensive sets