I AM!!!! :excited: Everything looks great so far. I really wanna build it now, funds permitting. Are a lot of the parts common? I could probably scrape some of it together from spare parts if so.

The majority of the parts are, as long as you get them in newer colors; especially for the heat sink and repulsor units (I used old dark grey for mine). There is also older parts like the sunroof set (glass, frame & hinge plate) and the wedge 6 x 4 inverted part (I bought this in light grey, yet you could get it in dark blueish gray—but it won't match to well). There is also four 1 x 2 modified bricks with studs on one side—these are sort of rare, but you could compensate with light blueish gray.

No doubt about it, you will genuinely enjoy building this!

Alright, I built most of wings and attached them to the body, yet I am missing a few pieces for the repulsor units (to connect the the air brakes and thrusters to them), as well the other pieces to complete the heat sink and lower air brakes. I then would have to make a small order for parts I used in LDD to increase the structural integrity of the wings, and the small changes to the cockpit.

But I wanted to ask everyone, do you want see the progress now, or wait until it's completely finished and witness its unveiling?

Respond back promptly of your desire!

I'm down with pics now. I'll definitely have to try to see if I can put most of it together from spares. If I need to make one order around $20 I think I'll be fine.

I'm down with pics now. I'll definitely have to try to see if I can put most of it together from spares. If I need to make one order around $20 I think I'll be fine.

Show us more!

Sounds good to me I'm in the process of producing photos now and will have them up shortly.

Well without any more delay…

19767595491_b95f4884c3_c.jpg

19141992053_77cd3e3dd6_c.jpg

19141991273_1f8b8729e0_c.jpg

19574857170_3ec083a407_c.jpg

19574856850_5c07b21a8a_c.jpg

19576274489_fe34d995d6_c.jpg

19140296634_075739cf4a_c.jpg

Firstly, she's a beauty :cry_happy:.

Then she almost dwarfs my minifigure-scale AT-AT foot, which is 12 x 12 studs in dimensions (16 if I count the toes).

She might me a little over minifigure scale—but who am I to care of such a trivial fact compared to the sheer beauty of this aircraft.

Hey La Chupacabra! I was able to place the 1 x 2 plate at the tip of the wings like you suggested!

The snowspeeder is swooshy than what one could imagine—and the bottom is aesthetic proof of that!

I am really fond of the gun deck design—it's simplistic and smooth, as well as the rest of the wings

The new windscreen works exceedingly well in design and aesthetic purposes.

The sunroof, very clever!

I really like the grille pattern for the repulsor units—very lovely.

I think I just made an assessment on my own MOC :grin:.

There's so much I can go on about this phenomenal creation, but I would love the more to hear what you have say about this as well!

She's a beauty! :wub_drool: The LDD file can't do this thing justice. The size is absolutely perfect! The Snot wings are exactly what I could ever want. Is she 100% done? I think I see some unfinished parts. The heat sink is so amazing, but I was wondering about the middle section of it. That exposed stud will be covered, right? Cause the middle section looks a bit exposed. And one thing about the design of the actual snowspeeder. Does it have landing gear? All the TLG versions just sit on the bottom. I see yours has a flat bottom, but it looks like it sits forward. Is there anything to be done about that? Really, I think that you've made the snowspeeder more beautiful than the actual one :grin: And that isn't bad. I'm really excited to take a crack at building this! And whenever you get a chance, I'd love the updated LFX. (also, 600th post! :sweet:)

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

Wow this is amazing, one of the best Snow speeders I have seen, if not THE Best! Able to capture the shape, by using a completely different technique. This has come a long, long way. From where you started, I was not to sure of it. But this really turned out great. Though i know some credit goes to Larry Lars' for his front sloping, but mashing it with your own technique, is more impressive, as well as the heat sinks. I also like how you built the canopy using the newer windscreens, much better than your initial one. Very smooth model. Just like the real one.

One question. How durable is it?

She's a beauty! :wub_drool: The LDD file can't do this thing justice. The size is absolutely perfect! The Snot wings are exactly what I could ever want. Is she 100% done? I think I see some unfinished parts. The heat sink is so amazing, but I was wondering about the middle section of it. That exposed stud will be covered, right? Cause the middle section looks a bit exposed. And one thing about the design of the actual snowspeeder. Does it have landing gear? All the TLG versions just sit on the bottom. I see yours has a flat bottom, but it looks like it sits forward. Is there anything to be done about that? Really, I think that you've made the snowspeeder more beautiful than the actual one :grin: And that isn't bad. I'm really excited to take a crack at building this! And whenever you get a chance, I'd love the updated LFX. (also, 600th post! :sweet:)

Thanks! :excited: The heat sink is actually unfinished, that's why there is an exposed stud in the back—but hey you wanted some pics :grin:. The snowspeeder resting on the angle of the wings is quite natural kind of like this photo from the Star Wars Wiki: reference. Though I never knew it had a landing gear I thought it just hover or rest like how I mentioned before. I wanted to do a stand for it, because it's special, but I haven't found out how to do it. It really does look beautiful :wub_drool:. I glad your excited about getting to build this, I know for sure you will enjoy every step of it. I'll have the file available soon, though I would also like to have a professional instructions made for this. I wanted also compensation for this, $5 at least (no greed), for funding other projects like my AT-AT (which you would have all the more to expect the level of detail after seeing the snowspeeder), but I never sold anything on computers before, so I have no experience about doing that. Congratulations for your 600th comment—that's quite a bit of posts :sweet:.

Wow this is amazing, one of the best Snow speeders I have seen, if not THE Best! Able to capture the shape, by using a completely different technique. This has come a long, long way. From where you started, I was not to sure of it. But this really turned out great. Though i know some credit goes to Larry Lars' for his front sloping, but mashing it with your own technique, is more impressive, as well as the heat sinks. I also like how you built the canopy using the newer windscreens, much better than your initial one. Very smooth model. Just like the real one.

One question. How durable is it?

Thanks Smitty! I believe it is reasonably appropriate to state this is "the best snowspeeder ever," as I believe so too. Certainly my first version came from a galaxy far far away compared to now—it's almost laughable. Indeed the design for the nose and heat sink originated from Larry Lars first, but implementing them into my snowspeeder was truly extraordinary by just how readily easy it was to do it and that no details were sacrificed for it! I too am enthralled with the canopy—it looks the best.

On a last response, the model very durable. You could SWOOSH it to your heart's content, and no parts will come undone, wings will not wobble if you lift and lower the model rapidly, honestly it will take a good smash to obliterate the body comprised of mostly plates overly interlocked to each other (though bricks are bricks as for the wings).

WOW, very nice. I wan't one!

I would like to see LDD file.

The file will be done soon! I am revisiting it with the changes I made for modularity.

This might go well with your AT-AT your making perhaps?

Looks even better in the brick than the design. Definitely count me in for paid set of instructions. Will that come with part list?

Smiffy

That's a great model so far, and I don't think that the work that's left will make it less great. :thumbup::classic:

Maybe too much showing studs for me, but that couldn't be otherwise given the scale :wink:

Well done! that is one lovely-looking snowspeeder. I especially like the smooth studless wings, and the use of the new windshield. Can we possibly see a shot with the cockpit open?

The next time I rebuild my own snowspeeder, I'm going to incorporate your wings and canopy, and get the best of both worlds. I've made a start already, having spent a tenner on a lego porsche just for that windscreen.

Looks even better in the brick than the design. Definitely count me in for paid set of instructions. Will that come with part list?

Smiffy

Thanks! I think I'll just make the file freely available (don't know how to sell it online :sceptic:). You could simply though, generate a instructions for it in LDD, which also completes with a part list (I wouldn't know how to make professional instructions or who to do it :sceptic:).

Thanks again!

Fantastic, I've always loved the T-47 probably more so than any other Rebel craft (Slave I wins best star wars ship in my book) and this version at its scale is stunning, awesome, and the closest thing to perfection of this vehicle Lego bricks are able to create. I will definitely be looking forward to the LDD file if for no other reason than to look through all the great tricks used to build this! again well done, the hard work you've put into this shows.

Will definitely pay for a set of instructions!! :thumbup:

Waiting for the complete model! :wink:

As for now the instructions will be free.

Just waiting on one more package to complete the model!

That's a great model so far, and I don't think that the work that's left will make it less great. :thumbup::classic:

Maybe too much showing studs for me, but that couldn't be otherwise given the scale :wink:

Much appreciated! I only then require a few more pieces to attach the upper air brakes and thrusters to the repulsor unit, because right now it's just lying there. Then this last packaged I have mentioned before, will also have the parts to finish the middle section of the heat sink and the bar arms to connect the lower air brakes.

There is a quite a bit of studs on the model, noticeably on the nose and upper region of the wings, but I am fond of believing they're all in the right places.

Well done! that is one lovely-looking snowspeeder. I especially like the smooth studless wings, and the use of the new windshield. Can we possibly see a shot with the cockpit open?

The next time I rebuild my own snowspeeder, I'm going to incorporate your wings and canopy, and get the best of both worlds. I've made a start already, having spent a tenner on a lego porsche just for that windscreen.

I'm glad you like it! The wings are quite the eye catcher!

Apologies, but I forgot to take a photo of the cockpit open I'll do that soon!

I would enjoy to see a rebuild of your snowspeeder—good to hear you already got a jump on it with the new windscreen!

Class! Looks far more better in the brick! I congratulate you on your campaign on designing this!

Any plans to make more of them, and place them in a MOC? It would be pretty wizard to see that, what with such a nicely detailed airspeeder!

Class! Looks far more better in the brick! I congratulate you on your campaign on designing this!

Any plans to make more of them, and place them in a MOC? It would be pretty wizard to see that, what with such a nicely detailed airspeeder!

Thanks! It's been quite the journey.

I wanted to do one in light blueish gray, but would wait until the 4 x 1 brick slope in this color becomes readily available or more frequent in more sets (right now it only comes in one, which only has one of this piece). I plan to pair it with my minifigure-scale AT-AT walker, which after seeing the snowspeeder, you could expect the caliber of detail to be on an astronomical level. I don't know about doing a diorama of it though.

Fantastic, I've always loved the T-47 probably more so than any other Rebel craft (Slave I wins best star wars ship in my book) and this version at its scale is stunning, awesome, and the closest thing to perfection of this vehicle Lego bricks are able to create. I will definitely be looking forward to the LDD file if for no other reason than to look through all the great tricks used to build this! again well done, the hard work you've put into this shows.

Much appreciate the feedback! The T-47 has become one of my favorite air craft recently. Slave I is like a Swiss army knife—always a favorite! This snowspeeder is quite the perfection of joining various Lego parts in unconventional ways—remarkably unprecedented! The file will be available soon and it's fascinating to view, but it's not like the experience of building and beholding this wonder!