Sign in to follow this  
MassEditor

[WZ12, H12: Desert King] The fight for the Terraces

As with most of the Desert King's campaigns, his forces hit the Great Loop with a swiftness and ferocity that left the defenders trembling in their foxholes. Those who were not felled in the initial fury of combat were so shocked that they surrendered quickly. Below, Desert King forces haul away High Council soldiers who, through a negotiated settlement with Ulandus, had agreed to bolster the Great Loop defenses. Having suffered several major defeats in recent weeks - and fighting far from their homes - the High Council soldiers were quick to give up their position around a series of steep rice terraces near the Qar-Akhen. The Desert King commander knew the terraces would pose a strong defensive position if garrisoned by trained troops, and ordered his soldiers to dig in and prepare for any High Council or Ulandus counterattack.

17148641190_3660a5be2b_z.jpg

17148640960_c2910b1f56_z.jpg

And one without figures, and at a higher angle:

17148640920_1bd2bf5669_z.jpg

---------------------------------

Hello! Here's my WZ12 entry. Work had me tied up most of this week and I'm away from the bricks for most of the weekend, so this ended up being much more of a rushed build than I had hoped. The terrain could use some finessing in my opinion, especially the rises between the terrace levels. I also had a nice irregular base built for this, but I just couldn't get it to fight in the size limit. Honestly, this one may be a bit over the limit, but I promise by no more than a few studs!

Also, forgot to notice that this was a DK vs. U battle until just a few moments ago. Fortunately U and HC came to terms, or those HC troops would look awfully out of place! Anyways, thanks for looking, feedback always appreciated!

Edited by MassEditor

Nicely done! It obviously isn't near as good as any of your others, but still nice! I'm not qite a fan of the slope landscaping between the terraces either...

What a brilliant idea to get some height on this terrain. Beautifully made and presented.

Good job on this one, the terraces in particular.

Edited by Blufiji

Good work here as always ME, although I am struggling not to see all these walls as mile high FP fortresses, hahaha. :laugh::thumbup:

I think the terraces are lovely and the final pic looks great by itself. The colors and textures just look good in that arrangement. But of course all the minifigs really bring it to life. Very good even if it is small.

Excellent build ME, fantastic job on the rice fields, I really like the increasing height you have there! :wink::thumbup:

...although I am struggling not to see all these walls as mile high FP fortresses, hahaha. :laugh::thumbup:

You just had to say that! Now your messing it up for me too! :tongue::laugh:

Lovely terracing, it's not something we see often in the LEGO world :thumbup: The landscape looks appropriately lush as well :classic: