First , can we have a brick-built droid as part of the build (and not as one of the 4 minifigures ) ? I don't mean a humanoid one , I mean something like a droideka . The reason I ask is because it uses more than 10 pieces ( but so does TLG's droideka ) .

^my question also. And if we have a brick-built droid, and substitute it for one of the figs, can we then add 10 pieces to the builds total?

And, for example, suppose I have a build/vehicle that is symmetric, and I portray only one side of it on the pictures, can I leave out pieces on the other side, not pictured, but resulting in that if that side was build, it would reach over 100 pieces?

I can understand the above question can be quite confusing, I'd gladly explain it if not self-explainatory.

As I'm new here I don't understand some of the rules :) There was said that moc shouldn't be published somewhere else before posting it for contest - "All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to being entered in the contest." - but here is entries with links to Flickr for example - is that ok? Can I do the moc, upload here some shots in required resolution and then link to the my gallery on Flickr (as example)? (: And there is no limitation what characters/scenes it will be from? (;

Okay , another couple of questions from me . First , can we have a brick-built droid as part of the build (and not as one of the 4 minifigures ) ? I don't mean a humanoid one , I mean something like a droideka . The reason I ask is because it uses more than 10 pieces ( but so does TLG's droideka ) . Also , is it ok to have a brick painted ? I do not mean anything like I design on it , just painting a white brick reddish brown , as it doesn't come in that colour ( I just thought that since we 're supposed to build a battle pack as TLG we can "produce" a new colour of an existing mold ) .

I've given this a lot of thought and here's what I decided. First, you have a very good point about the piece count for the brick built figs in battle packs. I have updated the rules to say that brick built figs should not have more than 30 pieces as it seems a droideka has about 28. If you want to include a brick built droid that is part of the build and not part of the 4 figs, you are allowed to do so, but that doesn't really follow the standard TLG format for battlepacks so keep in mind that it would be judged accordingly. It also wouldn't be allowed if you had 4 clones and 1 droideka and tried to count the droideka as part of the main build. The idea behind those standards is not to have black and white rules, but more to help keep people from building way outside the battlepack frame work. If you have specific examples, it might be best to PM me so I can tell you exactly what would be allowed within this gray area.

As for changing the color of a piece, no, I'm afraid that will not be allowed. I know TLG does it for their new sets, but I think we have enough pieces in enough colors and you can use your creativity to come up with a good solution :grin:

^my question also. And if we have a brick-built droid, and substitute it for one of the figs, can we then add 10 pieces to the builds total?

And, for example, suppose I have a build/vehicle that is symmetric, and I portray only one side of it on the pictures, can I leave out pieces on the other side, not pictured, but resulting in that if that side was build, it would reach over 100 pieces?

I can understand the above question can be quite confusing, I'd gladly explain it if not self-explainatory.

I've updated the rules on the piece count. I said 100 pieces because it is supposed to be a battlepack so more than 100 is really pushing it. However, if you have an awesome idea and it it 110 pieces, you're not going to be disqualified. You're also not required to post how many pieces your entry has, but if it looks like more than 100 I may ask you exactly how many you've used. So to answer your first question, no, you can't add 10 pieces to your count because all figs should technically be part of the 4. But, you can feel pretty safe in going 10 pieces over :wink:

As I'm new here I don't understand some of the rules :) There was said that moc shouldn't be published somewhere else before posting it for contest - "All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to being entered in the contest." - but here is entries with links to Flickr for example - is that ok? Can I do the moc, upload here some shots in required resolution and then link to the my gallery on Flickr (as example)? (: And there is no limitation what characters/scenes it will be from? (;

First, welcome to Eurobricks! As for your question, you allowed to post it on Flickr or another picture hosting site before the contest, it just should already be posted here on EB or another site as an existing post. So yes, you can post it on your Flickr now and still enter the contest :classic: As for the characters and scenes, it can be from anywhere within the Star Wars universe!

First, welcome to Eurobricks! As for your question, you allowed to post it on Flickr or another picture hosting site before the contest, it just should already be posted here on EB or another site as an existing post. So yes, you can post it on your Flickr now and still enter the contest :classic:

I think you missed the word "not" in there somewhere?

No, uploading it to flickr before entering it in the contest is allowed.

All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to being entered in the contest. You may be asked by a staff member to change your entry if it is too similar to an earlier creation.

The "anywhere" in this rule should be interpreted as "any Lego MOC promoting site." So you can't post it as a MOC here on Eurobricks or have it as a Lego Ideas entry before entering it into this contest. But having it on flickr is fine.

That rule about not posting the creations somewhere else first is intended to prevent people from rehashing old builds. So don't get wind up in details: it's okay if you didn't post this creation already before this contest started. I hope that clears things up.

First, welcome to Eurobricks! As for your question, you allowed to post it on Flickr or another picture hosting site before the contest, it just should already be posted here on EB or another site as an existing post. So yes, you can post it on your Flickr now and still enter the contest :classic: As for the characters and scenes, it can be from anywhere within the Star Wars universe!

No, uploading it to flickr before entering it in the contest is allowed.

The "anywhere" in this rule should be interpreted as "any Lego MOC promoting site." So you can't post it as a MOC here on Eurobricks or have it as a Lego Ideas entry before entering it into this contest. But having it on flickr is fine.

No, in the other part of the sentence. It appears a NOT should appear here:

As for your question, you allowed to post it on Flickr or another picture hosting site before the contest, it just should NOT already be posted here on EB or another site as an existing post.

Oh and hey, first post. :blush: (Great way to start, correcting a Sith Regulator...I mean, a Regulator that is a Sith, not someone who regulates Sith...I mean...never mind. I'll just force-choke myself to save you the trouble. :sick: )

Edited by The Whovian Zorker

Thank you for putting on such an awesome contest! I just wanted to make you aware that I accidentally posted my entry twice somehow. I edited one asking for it to be deleted, because as far as I'm aware I don't have access to delete the post. If you have the time, could you please delete the edited thread for me? My apologizes for the inconvenience, thanks for your help!

Link to the duplicate post: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=109291

No, in the other part of the sentence. It appears a NOT should appear here:

As for your question, you allowed to post it on Flickr or another picture hosting site before the contest, it just should NOT already be posted here on EB or another site as an existing post.

Oh and hey, first post. :blush: (Great way to start, correcting a Sith Regulator...I mean, a Regulator that is a Sith, not someone who regulates Sith...I mean...never mind. I'll just force-choke myself to save you the trouble. :sick: )

Obviously my Sith abilities have clouded some of my better qualities, such as proof reading :laugh: As for chocking yourself, don't deprive me of the joy of doing it myself! Now get back here and let me raising off the floor a few inches...

I knew I'd seen something like this before :sweet:

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=32988

Great contest - looking awesome so far.

That contest was before my time, it's a good thing there's not a rule about re-hashing contests :tongue:

this is awesome I am wondering If I can enter since I am new

You most certainly can enter!

Quick query regarding this:

"You can use official stickers or custom stickers for the minifigures only."

No stickers on parts then? We've seen those in battlepacks before...

Quick query regarding this:

"You can use official stickers or custom stickers for the minifigures only."

No stickers on parts then? We've seen those in battlepacks before...

You can use a Lego sticker on a Lego piece, if it was designed that way in the set. Extra stickering is allowed on minifgures since there are more limitations with the minifigures TLG has produced. I think everyone's creativity is enough to come up with a good build without having to use stickers to make it look good.

I think everyone's creativity is enough to come up with a good build without having to use stickers to make it look good.

Undeniably! It's less a case of relying on stickers to make it look good and more a case of creative use to add those finishing touches. For example:

7668_main.jpg

7668 came with three, circular Rebel Alliance logos. They didn't alter the aesthetic, but gave the model that little extra bit of identity and were / are usable on a variety of elements in a variety of MOCs.

As you can gather I have a sticker in mind for use on a particular element... :wink:

Undeniably! It's less a case of relying on stickers to make it look good and more a case of creative use to add those finishing touches. For example:

7668 came with three, circular Rebel Alliance logos. They didn't alter the aesthetic, but gave the model that little extra bit of identity and were / are usable on a variety of elements in a variety of MOCs.

As you can gather I have a sticker in mind for use on a particular element... :wink:

I will allow an exception to the sticker rule on a case by case basis. Can you message me a picture of your sticker use and I can approve it that way?

My entry: http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=109269

Note: We have 14/25 of the entrys so far. And 21 days left.

More than 25 entries are allowed. Only 25 will make it to the judging round.

I will allow an exception to the sticker rule on a case by case basis. Can you message me a picture of your sticker use and I can approve it that way?

Thanks dude, I've sent you a PM. :wink:

Edited by pedro

I've got one of mine built, I will post and do a count tomorrow, though may run it through you (Josh) beforehand, to check legality.