Sign in to follow this  
Endriu

Brick colors

Maybe if you mix it up with other colours to create some accents? I think grass colours depend on the climate zone you are looking for -> the more north you go, tze darker the colours will get.

Maybe if you mix it up with other colours to create some accents? I think grass colours depend on the climate zone you are looking for -> the more north you go, tze darker the colours will get.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. Looking at mocs its mostly dark green, though.

Endriu, my dear friend - You must stop fearing failure, and start building already. There is no perfect manner of assembling anything that is subjective. Art is entirely subjective, and therefore one must dive into it, faith first, a leap of death, knowing that the worst that can happen is that you will not be pleased with the outcome. And if you are not, well, thus the beauty of art reveals itself: Art allows you to assess your failure, to reason with it, to discard from it what was unpleasant to you, and to try again to approach your imaginings. Nobody - absolutely nobody - does it right the first time; and if so, they definitely do not do it again immediately the second - it becomes a chase, a constant chase, after yourself, after what you see in your head and feel in your heart. And who, who exactly, besides you, can determine what is most appropriate there?

Learn to displease yourself, so that you may began living.

Start building. Constructing and deconstructing again. Only then will you be able to decide 'what precisely goes with what...'

Otherwise, that senseless drive for immediate perfection with be the end of all of us.

I wish everybody would began with building on a small scale before venturing out unto the world an inkling to do it on a grand scale without any practice whatsoever.

And if I'm way off base, disregard the rant. It was just a hairball of thoughts that couldn't stay down anymore. I'll vacuum it up after it dries.

Endriu, my dear friend - You must stop fearing failure, and start building already. There is no perfect manner of assembling anything that is subjective. Art is entirely subjective, and therefore one must dive into it, faith first, a leap of death, knowing that the worst that can happen is that you will not be pleased with the outcome. And if you are not, well, thus the beauty of art reveals itself: Art allows you to assess your failure, to reason with it, to discard from it what was unpleasant to you, and to try again to approach your imaginings. Nobody - absolutely nobody - does it right the first time; and if so, they definitely do not do it again immediately the second - it becomes a chase, a constant chase, after yourself, after what you see in your head and feel in your heart. And who, who exactly, besides you, can determine what is most appropriate there?

Learn to displease yourself, so that you may began living.

Start building. Constructing and deconstructing again. Only then will you be able to decide 'what precisely goes with what...'

Otherwise, that senseless drive for immediate perfection with be the end of all of us.

I wish everybody would began with building on a small scale before venturing out unto the world an inkling to do it on a grand scale without any practice whatsoever.

And if I'm way off base, disregard the rant. It was just a hairball of thoughts that couldn't stay down anymore. I'll vacuum it up after it dries.

Thank you for your words!

I am building 'all the time'! - Last of my builds was a small cliffside with some palm trees on top... not good enough to post though.... :(

The reason behind my questions about brick colors is that I have a problem with colors, its hard for me to distinguish colors, or even name them when the shades are untypical. Lego is helping me with it a little bit as I learned to match the colors with the descriptions :) like dark green, bright green and now bright yellow-green, if I didnt know the official description, I wouldnt be able to name them. - So matching colors is not easy for me at all.. :)

I also have the same problem with seeing colours. I can't always distinguish them. Orange tones can look like light green to me. When I was drawing pictures as a kid I always took brown pencils instead of red ones. : P Colour "blindness" can be a pain in the *** sometimes.

I also have the same problem with seeing colours. I can't always distinguish them. Orange tones can look like light green to me. When I was drawing pictures as a kid I always took brown pencils instead of red ones. : P Colour "blindness" can be a pain in the *** sometimes.

Exactly!!! :)

I remember talking to a guy once and telling him about it - he couldnt really believe it :). A delivery truck with a tuborg label was standing next to us, he asked me what the colors on that label were. Well, that one was easy I thought, green writing on brown background. He looked at me in disbelief and said: For real? You dont see the colors? - it was then that I learned that the writing was actually something like light or bright brown on very dark green background... :) so much for colors!

Yes being a daltonist is not fun - but I am sure that theres lots of worse things out there... :)

many historic / fantasy MOCs play with texture; lots of rough surfaces and lines, and arguably colour precision might less important in these instances. So if colour ain't your forte, you might be able to show your Lego creativity in other ways?

I have been thinking about this a lot recently, you can sometimes place limits on your creativity by putting up unnecessary boundaries.

Anyway, best of luck brother, I look forward to seeing the results!

many historic / fantasy MOCs play with texture; lots of rough surfaces and lines, and arguably colour precision might less important in these instances. So if colour ain't your forte, you might be able to show your Lego creativity in other ways?

I have been thinking about this a lot recently, you can sometimes place limits on your creativity by putting up unnecessary boundaries.

Anyway, best of luck brother, I look forward to seeing the results!

Thanks, as of now I have been just playing around a little bit :)

even though its nothing special feel free to have a look at my latest creation :)

000_0055.jpg

upload pic

Edited by Endriu

That is wicked! I love the two-toned stone work, and i reckon those lime-green palm fronds add some great colour. I love that dense-vegetation look too, its something im playing around with myself.

Love the bird too.

That is wicked! I love the two-toned stone work, and i reckon those lime-green palm fronds add some great colour. I love that dense-vegetation look too, its something im playing around with myself.

Love the bird too.

Thanks!

There is a whole lot to improve. But for now this is the way I wanna go! - I am thinking about creating some sort of a jungle area, some lush landscape ...