Dunkleosteus

[LDD MOC] Liberty/La Liberté - 1st rate ship of the line

I would love to see more pictures. Close ups everywhere. She is a beauty. :wub: Does it have an interior?

Thanks! The interior was the most boring part)la-liberte-xcutaway2.pngla-liberte-xcutaway1.png

Quite incredible - well done. As far as zblj's comment about building it for real, what holds the sails together?

Man, it's Lego Digital Designer, providing virtual bricks. In this bricky LDD only bricks all around, no fabric, savvy?

you finally released it =) as allready mentioned: a great and stunning vessel... i have only one more question for you: what are you doing now, afterthat you made your ships perfect?? =)

Well, at first I should accept the fact that I would not be able to build sth better&bigger than Liberty and than... I still would undertake a try pirate_classic.gif

Another fantastic ship Dunkleosteus, superb job on the shape, and the sails are certainly top-notch! pirate_satisfied.gif

Another fantastic ship Dunkleosteus, superb job on the shape, and the sails are certainly top-notch! pirate_satisfied.gif

Thank you pirate_satisfied.gif

Am I glad I saved the link to the tutorial of How to make a wonderful-nice-Dunkleosteus-alike-Super-ShipOfTheLine! Man, this is awesome. The smooth curves in the bow, it's like a real ship. I think that is the best part, since I find the side windows (Where the toilets are mostly located in smaller ships for the captain) a little bid boring, but it's difficult to make it detailed, so you are forgiven pirate_wink.gif

Great job, and now I want to see a perfect recreation of the Acheron (From Master and Commander)!pirate_tong.gif

Incredible hull, makes me want to try some digital building as well. Great job :thumbup:

Incredible hull, makes me want to try some digital building as well. Great job :thumbup:

I think the hull could be built in real life. On top of the insane amount of hinge bricks and plates needed, you would need a ton of modified 1x1 plates with clip and 3 mm rigid hose to hold everything secure on the inside at the top and bottom of the hull. I hope to test this out in the near future.

Fantastic work :wub: . That's really one of the most impressive Lego ships I've ever seen.

Am I glad I saved the link to the tutorial of How to make a wonderful-nice-Dunkleosteus-alike-Super-ShipOfTheLine! Man, this is awesome. The smooth curves in the bow, it's like a real ship. I think that is the best part, since I find the side windows (Where the toilets are mostly located in smaller ships for the captain) a little bid boring, but it's difficult to make it detailed, so you are forgiven pirate_wink.gif Great job, and now I want to see a perfect recreation of the Acheron (From Master and Commander)!pirate_tong.gif
wow Giant LDD creations look awesome
Awesome!
Fantastic work :wub: . That's really one of the most impressive Lego ships I've ever seen.

Thank you very much! pirate_classic.gif

I like your story and creation. It seems you're a big fan of LEGO pirates, just as I am. And Masterbuilder. Every time I create something, I wonder how other adult LEGO fans like it. I've been collecting LEGO sets for more than 25 years now. Have a look at my LEGO Pirates Battle island in ideas project (the tags are: Pirate Battle island, chess set, pirates jubilee). I like classic pirates most of all. My project tells you their story. Hope, you'll like it. Do you know it has been the most popular series before Star Wars? Which is your favourite series, I wonder? I wish to have your set in my collection. Please follow me and share your impressions on my set. Only when fans support each other, their projects can get 10 000 supporters!

I also agree it would be difficult to create such a thing. BUT we need such MOCs to inspire LEGO fans and the Flying Dutchman in LEGO ideas proves that. But your ship is more awesome because it's much more realistic. Hope you forgot your neck pain and plan to create smth amazing again.

I also agree it would be difficult to create such a thing. BUT we need such MOCs to inspire LEGO fans and the Flying Dutchman in LEGO ideas proves that. But your ship is more awesome because it's much more realistic. Hope you forgot your neck pain and plan to create smth amazing again.

Спасибо)

Well, sth is going to be finished soon. Definitely not as exciting as Liberty, but probably quite a rare guest in this forum. At the moment I can say that it's two-master with historically accurate shape.

She is beautiful and impressive. Do you create ships only? Do you create islands for landing? - As detailed as your ships. My pirates welcome your ship on thier island. Hope you understand my Russian poetry.

Одинокий утёс между яростных волн над пучиной поднялся когда-то.

Для кого его гроты убежище, дом? – Для наяд и, конечно, пиратов.

She is beautiful and impressive. Do you create ships only? Do you create islands for landing? - As detailed as your ships. My pirates welcome your ship on thier island. Hope you understand my Russian poetry.

Thanks!

Good poetry, man!

No islands in my collection - yet)

Lone cliff between the fierce waves of the abyss rose once .

For someone of his caves shelter house? - For molluscs and, of course , pirates.

Hey-ho! Sorry for the update of this relatively old post.

Just a small test of Bluerender 0005 - 3 renders of 22.000 bricks - Liberty and frightened little boat.

1st - 1h15m

2nd - 5h26m

3rd - 9h52m

resolution 5000x4000

21362846799_9b824e0240_c.jpgLiberty and boat BRtest1 by George Ozerov, on Flickr

20927002334_fb9df9b45a_c.jpgLiberty and boat BRtest2 by George Ozerov, on Flickr

20928627613_8fe36caf82_c.jpgLiberty and boat BRtest3 by George Ozerov, on Flickr

Thank you for your attention