A free build for Guilds of Historica. This is my second module for a large collab build with LittleJohn.

The tailor and potter's were interesting challenges, being much different than my normal style of buildings. It was fun experimenting with some brighter colors as well. The potter's wheel actually works, and can be seen in action here: link

Katoren's marketplace offers a large variety of goods, and is generally quite crowded.

overview.jpg

side.JPG

kid.JPG

stalls.JPG

in2.JPG

in.JPG

More pictures, here: link

All C&C welcome, and we've still got more of Katoren coming :classic:

That's a beautiful, vibrant, colorful market. The cobblestone base, buildings and merchant stands are all very good. I especially like the design of the blue building; the windows and doors are brilliant and the decorated top looks good even if it is grey. The irregular arrangement adds to the cluttered market look and the fountain looks superb - nice use of the mdf 4x4 rounds with the center hole. There are too many details to name them all, so I'll mention the potter's wheel, the various candles and the orange tree. Excellent build!

Very nice detailing here! I like the fountain, and the architecture looks good as well. Keep it up!

Edited by Andrew Spader

The bright colors of that blue house are really nice! I also really like the fountain and the little bit of extra with the inclusion of a wheel that actually works! :thumbup: The interiors and rooftops also look great!

Great build! :wub: The blue house looks very nice! The guy who looks like he's going to throw up any time behind the pig is a funny detail :grin: Fantastic interiors as always :classic:

Fantastic build SK, great job capturing the look of a market scene with all the bustling activity! :wink: Excellent work with the buildings as well, especially the blue one :thumbup::classic:

Fantastic addition, sk! :wub: The blue stripes on the medium blue house look great and I really like the market stand designs :thumbup:

The kid's expression is hiliarious too :laugh::roflmao:

Wow that's awesome. I really like the colour scheme and how you made the ground :thumbup:

The simple addition of the stripe of tan plates around the white building is a great detail. Adds both color and intentional texture--I love it. :thumbup:

Fantastic scene SK! The colored houses are fantastic, and it makes me realize that I should definately try to variate more than brown, bley, and tan!

Stunning build and such lovely use of color. So many details big and small to appreciate here. The various building designs are great and have such a unique look to them. The market area is nice too and the stands are a great touch here. The rooftop garden area is superb! Excellent stuff, I'm really looking forward to seeing this collab when its complete!

Nice colors and architecture! I like the amount of detail you've put into this build :classic:

Regarding photography I have two comments: First, I think the base almost disappears against the dark background. A lighter colored base or a lighter background would have looked better imho.

Secondly, I think the pictures look a bit tilted. I usually try to align them so that vertical lines in the middle of the frame are vertical. You can also go further away with the camera and zoom/crop to change the perspective to have vertical lines be more vertical (if not the leaning effect is a desired artistic touch)