Bluecoat officer

What is your favorite lego series

Is it city, pirates, Star Wars, trains, friends, or any other series? Is it the minifigs, the sets themselves, accessories, or any other reason? I would like to know your favorite and why you like it. I apologize that I am still a new member and so I can't make a poll, which I would have liked this to be, I personally vote for what ever I like most at the time (which is currently pirates).

Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

Not because of the sets produced by TLG. But because of the Tolkien source material.

I really wanted TLG to make battle packs for each of the races and armies.

There are also so many more sets that could have been made.

As discussed here

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78687&hl=

I just hope TLG bring out a Minas Tirith Ideas set.

Edited by Venunder

When I first played with LEGO as a kid in the '70s, I mainly just liked LEGO in general, and didn't really differentiate between different themes and such (though neither did LEGO itself, really, at least to the point they do now), but then along came classic Space, the first distinct, discrete theme to really grab my imagination in and of itself. I never had that many sets, but I loved thd ones I did have, and also fantasized about having all those other Space sets I saw in catalogs and stores.

Star Wars is something I've always dearly loved, and it's the theme that first brought me back out of my dark ages. And of the other themes to come along since then, Indiana Jones is probably the one that grabbed me most, both because of my love for the source material and because the theme was realized so nicely (albeit still imperfectly).

And since it technically qualifies as a theme, I should note CUUSOO / Ideas is the one I lately find consuming my thoughts and attentions most, as I contemplate various submissions of my own i dream of becoming sets (even while many of these ideas themselves fit into other themes like the ones I've named).

Tough to narrow it down to a favourite. I've always been a fan of Classic Space, Pirates, Castle stuff. I also love Technic, Star Wars and a lot of City though. I prefer MOCing so I don't actually build a lot of sets these days, mainly buy sets for parts and Bricklink bulk stuff. The sets I've built lately are all the latest Pirates sets except the ship ($ :cry_sad: ) and some of the Elves plus Mos Eisley Cantina. But the sets I build the most are City trucks.

When I was younger my favorites were always Castle and Pirates, and to a lesser extent Space and City. After coming out of my dark ages it's been Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit though.

I like those themes mostly for the characters/minifigures as I don't find the builds all that impressive (save a few gems like An Unexpected Gathering or Helm's Deep. The Hobbit line is probably the worse of the two in terms of builds). It looks like I am going to have to find a new theme to get into with the LotR/Hobbit themes presumably done. That is, unless the Minas Tirith project gets made and Dimensions starts offering something more than fun packs with characters already released.

I will most likely get into the next Castle theme depending how good it is, or Super Heroes. I also wouldn't mind Star Wars, but seeing as I am a completionist and army builder that theme could be really hard on my wallet so I have tried to steer clear.

Edited by Deathleech

MY favorite themes would be castle and pirates

- I am not necessary into movie based themes (even though star wars is kind of tempting!)

I always liked those themes and would like to create dioramas for it. I hope the will continue the castle theme in some meaningful way - btw historic/medieval creator houses would be awesome!

I guess my favourite is City. Most likely of nostalgic reasons, as it was the first LEGO I got (besides Duplo) - though it was known as Town at the time (reveals absolutely nothing about my age :grin: ). But nowadays I also have interest in streetscapes, public spaces, architecture and transportation, so it fits very well with City.

Other themes that I like are Castle and Pirates, second and third themes I got. This is probably because I like history (and a good knight or pirate story too... :pir-sweet: ). Other themes have caught my interest as well, but mainly for single sets and not the theme as a whole.

Edited by laka

Used to be creator but now minecraft has stolen my heart. In a sandbox world of no rules or logic when building, though taking precautions against mobs is a wise idea, there's no right and no wrong. I have the cave and i love it. I built both the first night and the mine as accuratley as possible from parts from my collection. and mom got me the farm set. Next wave i want the dungeon and the desert set. hoping to get the nether set on a sale.

Even the lego sets themselves can defy logic! The first night set's house is awefully fancy for a house someone could build in one game day when they just started out. After playing in the tutorial world for over a month, i started back up a file i had made in the regular mode on the PS3. Very little play time, not much in the way of supplies. In order to build a house a little bigger then the TFN house, plus a pen for cows, it took me a little over 3 full game days.

Hard to pick one favorite as I do a lot of cross and multi theme stuff lately.

Marvel Super Heroes. As a kid I devoured Marvel comics and Lego was my toy of choice. To have them combined is truly a childhood dream come true.

Blacktron , the first serie, the bad guys of space. Them being "modular" were a big fun factor and they had robots as well. And the colors ! Black with yellow and a Tri-Force. I wish they would bring back the theme !

In my youth it was Trains (12v only, none of this modern 9v nonsense), now I find myself drawn to the Creator series - both expert and 'normal'.

The Lego Movie sets as they cross all the themes with a real flare for design present in each set.

They are all so varied with great parts, colours and very useful minifigs for vignettes.

I seem to like the Creator series best, it is what I buy the most of.

But the Architecture series is beautiful! Especially the Architecture Studio.

I also like the Classic stuff.

Basically anything they produce that reminds me of Lego from when I was little- make whatever you like with all kinds of cool pieces!

My favourite series of late is the monster fighters stuff. I loved the steampunk vibe of their contraptions and the bmovie homages in the villains. I do love all the CMF figures and I really enjoyed the Lone Ranger sets despite the lack of popularity among other fans :thumbup: