One thing I see this about Is how far you can push LEGO to make yourself money. Selling another person models might seem wrong morally but if you look through it with rose colored glasses like if this guy/gal that is selling lives on another hemisphere of the planet count yourself lucky that he trying to expand your model in an area that your not at and this give the buyer the opportunity to go out and do some searching and who knows maybe the buyer buys the model from the original maker and doing so you get some kind of show card from the model that he/she wouldn't have received with the other seller and that SWEET! :excited: Basically what I am getting at even tho your see someone else sell your model that doesn't necessarily means he/she selling "your model".

Edited by Boxerlego

My understanding is that we can take the entire "work" - the model, instructions, and other related pieces such as images or video - as one single IP. Is this not the case?

Instructions, images and video are protected by copyright law, however the model is out of the scope and falls under patent law, which does not protect unless the necessary patents are granted.

Note however that I am not aware of any lawsuit regarding this, and that I am very specifically talking of Technic models. I know TLG won some lawsuits but as far as i know not on IP law, which is very relevant. Patents have relatively a short lifespan so TLG has tried -and failed many times- to make of the standard 2x4 brick a trademark, something that would give them vastly superior powers fighting copycats. The irony is Lego did not invent the brick, Lego itself in its origins was a copycat.

Think of this the following way: As soon as something has a function like the ability of bricks to stack together, it is a functional item and must have a patent to be protected, otherwise anyone can use it.

With this colour combination normally beeing used by sub-8-year-old's, and a website that doesn't even deserve to be categorized in the baddest web 1.0 examples, I honestly think that this guy is a kid aged no older than 13.

It is so bad to have the courage of placing this picture on the internet it should have an 18+ confirmation upon entering the according site. Moreover, asking that much money for it is just plain strange, even too strange to be a troll :laugh:.

That speaks for itself

The price and the work ...

15294b.JPG

http://www.spielstei...ar-de-luxe.html

WHAT in the name of ALL thats good in the world is THAT THING supposed to be?

And paying WHAT for it? i'd sooner pay to have it out of my sight!

Sorry, the things your 6-year old makes are perfectly fine until you consider passing them off as works.