Sign in to follow this  
One Very Agile Cat

[MOC] Makuta of Metru Nui

This is a MOC I made years ago, circa 2012 if I recall. It's been tweaked and improved bit-by-by ever since. I've posted it on another non-Lego forum but I'd like to share and "archive" it somewhere Lego-related. :3

What started as a simple revamp of the 2003 titan quickly became much, much more. First it was a revamp, then it was a "toa-sized" Inika clone, which grew to a similarly-built shadow counterpart to 2008 Takanuva, and eventually this unique build which is not only bigger than Takanuva, but its so large it barely fits in my lightbox when crouched. (the second pic is actually just the torso, no legs so I could get a close-up on the detail) In fatc the only parts is really share with Takanuva are the hands kinda. It also has a staff that won't fit in either, but it's basically his old staff with Brutaka swords replacing the Takanuva staff blades, and said blades relocated to the bottom and the actual staff part covered with gunmetal tubes so it's not a twig in his hands. I wish I could amke stuff like this all the time, but this sucker also ate pretty much all my parts. (I am pondering a Sidorak revamp in this style, however, despite not owning the set. Much smaller of course :p)

MakutaOoooh%20002_zpseivec7ae.jpg

MakutaOoooh%20003_zpsuxstssh6.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Nicely done SPLIT! I like how you used 2 rahkshi shells on each leg. Great use of the chest tubes as well.

Edited by Jetrax99

I simply adore how you made Makuta far more gorgeous looking with advanced techniques and more posaibility, yet maintained the appearance of the original set.

This is pure dedication here. Impressive work!

This is fantastic. Love the torso especially.

The only thing I'm not to fond of are the hands and legs. The hands just seem sorta... Messy. Though I do like how you gave him the double thumbs he had in the movie.

And the legs seem a bit long. Maybe if they were digitigrade? I recall they were in the movie, and this MoC seems heavily inspired by that.

Minor nitpicks compared to the overall figure, though. Looks great.

Thanks for all the kind comments. :D

This is fantastic. Love the torso especially.

The only thing I'm not to fond of are the hands and legs. The hands just seem sorta... Messy. Though I do like how you gave him the double thumbs he had in the movie.

And the legs seem a bit long. Maybe if they were digitigrade? I recall they were in the movie, and this MoC seems heavily inspired by that.

Minor nitpicks compared to the overall figure, though. Looks great.

Oh I know what you mean by the hands. They're the only thing I kept similar to Takanuva, and they're not perfect. Unfortunately I lack the parts to replace them, and even then my imagination is limited on what could be a preferable subsitute. My beloved Hydraxon-style-exo-force-robot-arm-finger-hands are too small. :'(

Never noticed the legs being too long. May have been some unintended anime-super-robot influence.

Yes, that one is me. Frolic2 is my Lego ID, I just uploaded those earlier tonight. Are they the same pictures? Could you try linking to that entry from yesterday again for me? It doesn't work when I open it.

EDIT: And now people on the website are claiming the real entry is stolen. Oy vey.

Edited by One Very Agile Cat

And now people on the website are claiming the real entry is stolen. Oy vey.

I was the one who reported, sorry. And I'm pretty sure the mod already removed the previous one.

I was the one who reported, sorry. And I'm pretty sure the mod already removed the previous one.

Hey, no prob. that's what I get for being lazy and not taking new pictures. :laugh: Though in my defense, my lightbox is broken and I have no nice places to take pictures of something this big.

Hopefully the mods do some investigating before they take this one down. :wink: Sadly there's no 'report authenticity' button.

Edited by One Very Agile Cat