This is my first module for my collab with LittleJohn. It was an interesting change to try a middle eastern style gatehouse, and I'm quite pleased with the result. The gates actually work and there's a full interior.

Katoren's main gatehouse receives much traffic from vendors, nobles, and visitors heading into the city.

overview.JPG

up.JPG

chair.JPG

Gates closed:

c-up.JPG

top.JPG

There are more pictures here: link

C&C welcome, and there's more of Katoren to come :wink:

The sedan chair is fantastic, as are the domes despite all the studs. Good work on the doors as well! :thumbup:

That's a beautiful gatehouse with excellent colors and architecture. The white domes are wonderful! The tree and road are very good and the minifig posing and details are nice. The base is a bit basic but it doesn't detract from the scene. Very good overall!

You are building a lovely model - at this time of war...

My only comment for improvement would be to change the "light grey" to something of the "tan family".

:thumbup:

Fantastic build SK, excellent colors and landscaping! :wub: Great job with the arches, doors, and studs-out domes (and the architecture in general!) The sedan chair is very nice as well, its great to see a peaceful build with all the Challenge IV stuff going on! :sweet::wink:

Aesthetic and elegant build as always SK, a lot of details to appreciate here. The gate looks particularly formidable, and the tan inserted sections of the gatehouse are a great touch. Nice landscaping and figs too! But am I right thinking there's no interior scene here?! :oh:

The sedan chair is fantastic, as are the domes despite all the studs. Good work on the doors as well! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai! And yeah, that dome design is surprisingly effective :classic:

That's a beautiful gatehouse with excellent colors and architecture. The white domes are wonderful! The tree and road are very good and the minifig posing and details are nice. The base is a bit basic but it doesn't detract from the scene. Very good overall!

Thanks Captain Dee, the base is quite basic, but the number of modules made that rather necessary :classic:

Lovely scene!

Thanks Graham!

Awesome...like all of your creations ...

Thank you :classic:

You are building a lovely model - at this time of war...

My only comment for improvement would be to change the "light grey" to something of the "tan family".

:thumbup:

Thanks Captain, I rather like the bley with tan colorscheme, and I'm afraid that quite a lot of the bley parts don't even exist in dark tan :classic:

Lovely build! Looking forward to seeing more of Katoren! :thumbup:

Thanks LV, it's been a very fun project so far :classic:

Fantastic addition! :wub: The tall archway and inset tan look excellent :thumbup:

Great sedan chair too :classic:

Thanks LJ, I was quite happy with how the archway turned out :classic:

Great work, looking forward to seeing all the modules.

Thanks Blufiji, and hopefully you won't have to wait too long :classic:

Fantastic build SK, excellent colors and landscaping! :wub: Great job with the arches, doors, and studs-out domes (and the architecture in general!) The sedan chair is very nice as well, its great to see a peaceful build with all the Challenge IV stuff going on! :sweet::wink:

Thanks Garmadon! And yeah, I imagine after Challenge IV ends there will be a flood of serene peaceful MOCs :laugh:

Very nice!

Thank you :classic:

Aesthetic and elegant build as always SK, a lot of details to appreciate here. The gate looks particularly formidable, and the tan inserted sections of the gatehouse are a great touch. Nice landscaping and figs too! But am I right thinking there's no interior scene here?! :oh:

Thanks ME! And there is an interior, though nothing real special, since there's not much space inside the towers:

l.JPG

I did have a bit more space to use on top though :classic:

Amazing build! :wub: Nice roofs!

Thanks Gillian!

Great work SK! I am really enjoying this collaboration between you and LJ!

Thanks LordDan, glad you're enjoying it :sweet: