Sign in to follow this  
hachiroku

I bought a used set and I have a trouble with the heads

Got pictures of the problem?

It's just a head with a helmet. Nothing visible.

Edited by hachiroku

Hmm.

Acetone takes the glue away in most circumstances (nail polish remover) but I can't be sure it won't damage any printing if you drop the glued pair into a little cup of the stuff. I know it takes rubbing or scrubbing in normal print-removal methods, so it might be a risk to take and just soak them for a while and see what happens.

Though, without an ID on the glue it might not work even...

It has the hats glued to the head.

Any idea about how can I separate them?

I think the only safe way to get useful parts without risking damage to them in some way is to buy new ones. For just a head and helmet, it shouldn't be too much on Bricklink.

Are you sure it's glued and not just stuck in there? I would try soaking it in some warm soap and water for awhile and see if that helps at all. If not you could try something else.

If you use acetone, you would have to be careful that it doesn't start eating away at the print or plastic?

I know this isn't any help to the OP and has no relation to their question, but this made me think of another question regarding the saying "Don't try to fix what isn't broke". Would glued LEGO pieces be considered broken? They work, but at the same time, they don't :look::classic:

There is a thread in the customisation forum where a guy is using acetone to melt bricks so I don't know if using that will be helpful here. Could have a Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark-ending type situation, if you know what I mean.

If it's a hat and not a helmet, wrap a piece of cloth around the head and use pliers to grip the head. Plug it into a torso so the pliers don't warp the head. While holding the pliers firmly, twist the hat. Maybe you can break the bond.