Sign in to follow this  
PKW

LEGO fighting robots that play soccer

Hi to all! waiting to the sun to film the RC Dawnbreaker I've edited and posted an old video that I've made to test my battle bots: crab and scorpion.

During the video me and my cousin were talking in italian but don't worry: i've added some subtitles just to translate our wisecracks ;)

Some stats about the robots:

GRANCHIO (crab)

weight: 900g

weapons: claws

motors: 2 XL(wheels) 2L(claws)

strengths: 4x4, can keep the ball

weaknesses: (hardly) flippable

SCORPIONE(scorpion)

weight: 900g

weapons: flipping arm

motors: 2 M (wheels) 1 L (reloading winch) 1 old 9V (gearbox)

strenghts: atomic-like powerful weapon, defensive/offensive weapon

weaknesses: hard to control (really), low traction

enjoy the video :laugh: (likes and comments are welcome :wub: if you like it ;) )

Edited by PKW

Love it! :sweet: I gotta share this with my friend who's building a sumo robot, he wanted an RC robot as opponent to train the EV3 robot.

Love it! :sweet: I gotta share this with my friend who's building a sumo robot, he wanted an RC robot as opponent to train the EV3 robot.

thanks! I tried to make an nxt vs PF fight but I think is something really unbalanced, because a sumo robot is only something that move randomly on the field an hurt the opponent, while a "human driven" robot can aim to win the opponent without program limits, or also escape to its attacks. so a PF opponent is useful to test the strategy but is also something you will not find in a sumo competition… anyway, if an ev3 robot win a PF one (with same power/weapons) I think it is really well made and well programmed! I'm interested on make an NXT hose robot :3

This is awesome, I always wanted to build fighting robots, and the soccer idea is perfect for hours of fun. Thanks a lot for posting it :)

"Lego makes people scream in a strange way..." :iamded_lol::roflmao::laugh_hard:

happy that I've achieved my goal: make a funny and interesting video :3

This is awesome, I always wanted to build fighting robots, and the soccer idea is perfect for hours of fun. Thanks a lot for posting it :)

yes I have a lot of fun playing this match and it is really captivating (you heard scream for the goals as a real match :laugh: :laugh: )

that was hilarious....

That's a really neat idea!

thank you so much!

What great robots! Is the flipper done with Lego spring pieces, or something else? I'd be really interested to see a breakdown of that weapon.

What great robots! Is the flipper done with Lego spring pieces, or something else? I'd be really interested to see a breakdown of that weapon.

just a moment: I'll edit this link with the topic of the advanced version of that robot ;)

EDIT:

http://www.eurobrick...opic=104571&hl=

this is the link, you can find there an LDD file, it is powered by a green rubber-band ;) not a lego spring

This is really cool wow can't wait for your other addons for this fun machine .

thank you, next week I'll post a small tournament with 3 robots ;)

Edited by PKW