17070877987_2d99518da1_c.jpg

The Carmen

Taken by the sea...

What was once a glorious galleon now rests below. The remains left for the sea life to overtake and grow upon.

This is the final resting place of the Carmen...

Or is it?

17078956747_f4f6d18575_c.jpg

I've been wanting to do this kind of MOC for a very long time.

Previous attempts were never satisfying.

However in the easter holidays I managed to accomplish something I'm happy with.

(Although I've been thinking of redoing it already).

This MOC is part of a much bigger diorama, I do not have the space to set it up at home but I will take pictures on the next event I'm attending.

In the meantime, enjoy these pictures :wink: .

17284574852_f21abdd612_c.jpg

17100194359_8d9465b345_c.jpg

17100195469_852f0f7a48_c.jpg

17284576362_1f4ea3ddb6_c.jpg

17100196399_e6161f40b8_c.jpg

Some close-ups of the details;

17100197219_917b1cfd00_c.jpg

17100193979_fdf3917fe9_c.jpg

17078956917_f8dcd98cac_c.jpg

17284578802_c0caa3d1a4_c.jpg

17284580912_89bb6156ce_c.jpg

16666148363_d1d06a99f9_c.jpg

I'm going to redo that figurehead sometime I think.

17078964027_7cc8dbf81d_c.jpg

Gold!

It's all of it yet I thought it would have been more...

Brilliant ships, both of them. The gallion yet being a bit more impressive, though :laugh:

The whole underwater scene is really convincing. Great job on plants, and "fish".

:thumbup:

Fantastic ship wreck! :wub: I really like the colors used and the plants and sea life, definitely shows she belongs to the sea now. Can't wait to see photos of the whole diorama.

I think this is the best Lego shipwreck I've ever seen. The shapes, colors and textures are just about perfect. The different greens of the wreck make it look wonderfully aged. There's so much detail I could pore over the pictures for hours. The fact that it's a galleon with gold onboard adds to the lore. The vegetation and animals on the seafloor are also very good; I especially like the use of the lime-green vines as seaweed. The base is plain, but who cares? Sebeus, you've wowed us again!

That is amazing! Very evocative. I actually like the way that the base plates aren't completely covered - it's both a good rendition of the sandy seabed between outcrops of reef and also nice from a composition point of view - it allows the detail of the wreck and reef to stand out.

Really looking forward to see the other sections!

Wow, that is incredible!! The detail is breath taking!! The curves, the angles, the colours; just perfect!!

Well done and happy building!! :laugh:

Thank you for the nice comments :blush:

Awesome MOC!

You could maybe add a mermaid.

I intend to add a lot of things, not on this section though.

The whole diorama is still a work in progress but there will be various forms of sea life, submarines and base perhaps a piece of Atlantis and hopefully, if it works out, a surface level which would allow an exploration ship to lower a divers cage.

Goodness, what a stunning build and presentation! So many details to appreciate here, it's difficult to point them out, but in particular I love the color scheme (the green gives such a nice effect of an old ship rotting on the ocean bottom) the wildlife, pile of coins and overall design of the sunken ship. Such a gorgeous, unique and creative MOC. Excellent stuff!

Fantastic model!

I always had a soft spot for sunken ships... this it spot on what I would want something like this theme to be... If it were a set, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Great idea. Perfectly executed. You managed to catch the athmosphere just perfect.

There is some interesting SNOTing going on on the hull. I like how you used the masonry bricks for the hull to create a feeling of wooden planks with foliage on it. Neat!

I see you've moved on from warships to wrecked ships Sebeus! Haha. This is unbelievable. The size and detail you've included is awesome. I love how you cracked the hull in two, it looks completely natural. I also like how you've added all the sea creatures swimming about, makes it look like a real undersea scene. Great work!

Wow, this has got to be the coolest MOC I've ever seen. The colours are beautiful!

Extremely well done mate :)