Sign in to follow this  
Sir Edwyn

Eastcairn Keep

17094918528_b9965ca0bd_z.jpg

Eastcairn keep lies on a rock islet of the coast of Granovia. The only entrance is by a rickety plank perched between the mainland and the islet. The difficult entrance ensures the security of the keep during times of war. It serves as a lookout and safe haven.

So this has actually been complete for a while now, but I only just photographed it. This was really fun to build, though very part consuming. And before you all ask, no, there is no interior ;). Sorry, that's just not my style. If you want castles with full interiors check out my buddy soccersnyderi.

Edited by Sir Edwyn

Interior or not, that's beautiful. The rocks, walls and roofs are all excellent. The door and planks are good and the trans-clear water is a nice touch as well. Very good job!

This is pretty sweet! Have you considered joining Guilds of Historica?

I actually joined two years ago, but I've never participated. I found the system too confusing. I've also given up on online Lego role plays for the time being. I used to be very active in LoR, but these days I don't have the time or patience to keep up with the proceedings.

Very nice texture. Your use of neutral colors under the wall plates is very nice.

Fantastic work here, the texturing on the walls is excellent! :sweet: The water and rock-work is very nice as well, and the woodwork and minifigs add just the right amount of color :thumbup: