Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

[WZ7:E8, High Council] Battle at the Merchant's Arcade

Hereby my entry to WZ 7: The Second Battle for Queenscross. If I win, G15 should be the next warzone.

I am sorry for the crappy-ish photos, but I was a bit pressed for time and daylight...

On this very day, war has reached the center of Queenscross. Specificly, the famous Merchant's Arcade.

Here, the finest wares are traded in beautiful surroundings, which tends to make people less... "vigilant" to the prices charged by the merchants wealthy enough to rent a stand here.

However, on this day, both merchants and customers have had to flee the fighting so rapidly, they have left their wares behind...

16659783543_cbe1ff11e6_z.jpgOverview by Beorthan, on Flickr

Until this day, Queenscross has been spared the terror of war.

In fact, last the city felt the hardships of battle was during the Revolword wars, were Elemantals flooded over the walls.

By the collaborative effort of citizens, soldiers and foreign allies, the battle was won, and to celebrate the victory, a small, yet exquisite Triumphal Arch was raised to their honour at the entrance to the Merchants Arcade.

This very moment, Goblins in the Service of the Desert King is swarming through the Arch to join the battle in the Arcade.

17072583117_dd12b35bc2_z.jpgTriumphal Arch by Beorthan, on Flickr

In the plaza before the Merchant's Arcade, battle is joined, as Desert King guards and Goblins clash with Beorthan and his bodyguards.

With the number of Goblins swarming through the Triumphal Arch, the tide seem to turn against our heroes...

16659784753_e04c61d3ae_c.jpgClose-up - fighting by Beorthan, on Flickr

However, from behind the Arcade, a group of Beastmen is rushing to lend their aid to Beorthan and his Guards. With them at their side, the Goblins will be defeated and the area secured under the control of the High Council, the Republic, and the People.

Only history will show whether this battle too will animate the citizens to raise a monument in the honour of the victors.

16659786733_d3c2dc6f5f_c.jpgReinforcements by Beorthan, on Flickr

Thanks for taking a look - C&C is more than welcome. I am reasonably happy with the build, although it was finished under time-pressure.

:thumbup: Wonderful, but G15 was already a Warzone. Do you not remember the Nestlands Insurgency? I'm all for it if you want to try again, but I don't know if Ska's game rules will allow it. Edited by gedren_y

This is a very good design with a unique color scheme. The archway is very impressive and looks great sitting on an angle. The rest of the architecture is good and the flowers are a nice touch. The elevated base is pretty cool too. Keep on building!

Nice work Bregir, it looks very clean and there are different levels to keep the interest. The arch is a very effective design. My only criticism of that arches like this tend to have open space around them, your arch seems blocked by the building behind.

Nice MOC! I really like how this build is composed with the exterior wall & arches, the gardens, and the big archway in the "center" of the space.

For the Republic!

Very nice job here Bregir, your MOCs are getting better and better! I really like the triumphal arch on this one! :thumbup:

Great entry Bregir, I really love the inclusion of that garden! The base, architecture and colors all work very well here, and the fighting scenes are done quite nicely. The tan archway is great too, but kind of obscures some of the build and a lot of the action. I would hate to suggest removing it from the build, but I think the whole scene would have a better composition without it. Nonetheless, excellent work here! :thumbup:

This is gorgeous, Bregir! Easily one of my favorites from you, thus far :thumbup:

The architecture looks great and I like the design of the gateway, though as ME said, it does block some of the action.

Great job! We two (and one more) are all that stands between the conquest of Eastgate.

Vive Le Republique!!!!!!

Thanks all - I think you guys are a bit happier about this build than I am - but I forgive you! :wink:

:thumbup: Wonderful, but G15 was already a Warzone. Do you not remember the Nestlands Insurgency? I'm all for it if you want to try again, but I don't know if Ska's game rules will allow it.

How can one forget the bloody battle of the Nestlands? However, what is once lost can be regained! (I am pretty sure we can fight for the same zone again.)

This is a very good design with a unique color scheme. The archway is very impressive and looks great sitting on an angle. The rest of the architecture is good and the flowers are a nice touch. The elevated base is pretty cool too. Keep on building!

Thanks, Captain Dee - those light blue bricks are the result of a visit to a far away Lego-store :wink:

Fantastic entry, Bregir! :wub: The architecture is excellent, as are the gardens :thumbup:

Great archway too :classic:

Thanks a lot, LJ! The gardens are really a result of a lack of tiles - I needed something to fill in the space! :tongue:

Nice work Bregir, it looks very clean and there are different levels to keep the interest. The arch is a very effective design. My only criticism of that arches like this tend to have open space around them, your arch seems blocked by the building behind.

Thanks, Robuko. The idea is that the arch is sitting in the middle of the square in front of the arcade, but it did get a little cramped :sceptic:

Nice MOC! I really like how this build is composed with the exterior wall & arches, the gardens, and the big archway in the "center" of the space.

For the Republic!

Thanks, mrcp6d - I am glad you like it - And where better to fight for the republic than where the daily trade takes place? :wink:

Very nice job here Bregir, your MOCs are getting better and better! I really like the triumphal arch on this one! :thumbup:

Thank you, Kai - This challenge is really putting us all to the test and forces us out of our comfort zone! :sweet:

Glad you like the Arch!

Wonderful and peaceful place! The frame is excellent.

Thanks - I think that is my first frame that elaborate! :classic:

The arch is nice and the blend of tan/ light bley is excellent.

Glad you like the colour scheme - had my doubts, myself! :)

Great entry Bregir, I really love the inclusion of that garden! The base, architecture and colors all work very well here, and the fighting scenes are done quite nicely. The tan archway is great too, but kind of obscures some of the build and a lot of the action. I would hate to suggest removing it from the build, but I think the whole scene would have a better composition without it. Nonetheless, excellent work here! :thumbup:

Thanks, ME - as I said elsewhere, the garden was mainly included to cover up my lack of tiles! :tongue:

I definitely see what you mean about the composure - it was a real trouble photographing it - but those issues are not too obvious when you see the build "in the brick".... Have the same problem with an upcoming Amraket build... :sceptic:

This is gorgeous, Bregir! Easily one of my favorites from you, thus far :thumbup:

The architecture looks great and I like the design of the gateway, though as ME said, it does block some of the action.

Thank you, SK - I like builds that are not too open, but they are a true pain to photograph!

Great job! We two (and one more) are all that stands between the conquest of Eastgate.

Vive Le Republique!!!!!!

We sure are a small minority against an overwhelming enemy! But we shall not falter or surrender!

Vive la Republique!!

Fine - I like the battle scene. However, the triumph that has led to the building of the arch must have been a small triumph... :wink:

I am sure there are several larger triumphal arches in Queenscross - this was erected by the merchants, who are likely to be somewhat cheap! :tongue:

Edited by Bregir