Sign in to follow this  
Emma

[WZ9:G7, Desert King] The Oil Road

The Oil Road

The Battle for the Bloody Lane(WZ9:G7)

For the Desert King!

Mummy soldiers have been posted along the Oil Road to ensure the interests of the Desert King are preserved along its winding way. The mummies maintain order, and protect traders along the route from trouble rousers… such as these two Ulandians harassing an elderly merchant on the way to Mophet.

“We are hungry and he carries pastries! We will not let some dead rags stop us from taking what we want! Aaarrgh!” The first Ulandian charges towards the mummy soldiers whilst the second was preparing to slink away. 17268616342_8cbfae133f_z.jpg

Hearing his comrade’s cry (and his own grumbling stomach), spurns him to action as well.

17244430626_5ab79aa8a7.jpg

Snick

The first Ulandian’s head is sliced cleanly from his body, and the remaining soldier drops his spear. “I surrender – the Desert King is the best king ever! Please don’t hurt me! I’ll be good!”

17062991397_0e470e77e8.jpg

And here's just the road:

17082637208_49e827bfdd.jpg

Wow, I love how you made the street and sand :wub: . The posing of the minifigures is great, too.

The ground looks dry and cracked and the road (nice curves) looks very well-textured for a desert setting. It seems decapitations are getting very common...

I can't say I've ever been a fan of that technique you're using here for the sand and road. Though, if there ever were a time for it, it would be this WZ.

I do like the macaroni pieces for the edging of the road.

Yea right, those were obviously not real Ulanders! :tongue: Ha, ha, great build, excellent work with the curved road! :sweet::thumbup:

Nice work here Emma, the curved road is brilliant and the cracked sand is very nice as well. I do feel like the border is a bit lackluster especially with the studs exposed, but other than that, great work! :thumbup:

Very nice texturing all round, really getting into the feel of the zone.