Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

[WZ13:F12, High Council] Not just another "Ship of the Desert"

My entry - should I win, D3 is to be the next war zone.

17090195969_20f3979610_c.jpgWZ 13: Katoren Breakout by Beorthan, on Flickr

When ordered to prepare for the breakout from Katoren, a brilliant young naval engineer from the University of Mpya Stedor, presently studying under master engineer Sergio Jarrett, set to work on a speciel mobile fortress.

As is clear from the finished design, it is it shares many features with the light, manouverable biremes of the Kaliphlinite navies.

This "Ship of the Desert" has now been on the move for hours, and is presently pushing before it a unit of Ulandian legionnaires, who are powerless against the strong sides of the ship and the favourable position of its crew.

16656175693_bd3ece61bd_c.jpgWZ 13: Katoren Breakout by Beorthan, on Flickr

Manned by a group of heavy infantry armed with pikes, spears, and crossbows, and commanded by a Katoren noble, it poses a strong offensive force.

17068981047_8e63b908e9_c.jpgWZ 13: Katoren Breakout by Beorthan, on Flickr

Powered by two oxen, it can keep up a steady pace similiar to an army on the march. With the wind aft, a sail can be unfurled to provide additional boost to relieve the oxen.

17276394195_68762ea377_c.jpgWZ 13: Katoren Breakout by Beorthan, on Flickr

And the underside.

C&C appreciated - this was a fun build, and I think I will definitely be building some REAL ships in the future.

I really like the concept. Armored and heavy, but I wonder how effective it would be across say the Dune Sea? Or is it meant to be deployed on the streets and high roads?

Your Ship of the Desert is an interesting concept and well-built. The colors really make it stand out and you've crammed in a lot of action. I like the cacti and large number of spears; they're ready for anything. The minifig posing is also very good.

Such a great idea! This WZ was one of the harder I think and you just raised the bar some more! :thumbup:

Haha, that's a great idea :laugh: . I really like how you made the landship and the ground :thumbup:

Superb!

I can hardly ask for better feedback! :wink:

I really like the concept. Armored and heavy, but I wonder how effective it would be across say the Dune Sea? Or is it meant to be deployed on the streets and high roads?

Thanks, Blufiji - It is definitely not made for the soft sands of the Dune Sea, but rather for stonier, flatter lands, or some of the fine Kaliphlinite roads. :wink:

Haha great idea! How does it steer? :thumbup:

Thanks, LV. I would think the tiller is connected to the rearwheels to allow it to steer. However, for the forces of the High Council, there is only one way, and that is forward! :wink:

Haha, that's pretty cool. :wink:

Thanks, Graham. :classic:

This warzone is awesome. Just like your landship! :thumbup:

Thanks, mrcp6d - I am pretty happy with it too. :sweet:

Your Ship of the Desert is an interesting concept and well-built. The colors really make it stand out and you've crammed in a lot of action. I like the cacti and large number of spears; they're ready for anything. The minifig posing is also very good.

Thanks, Captain Dee :classic: I really appreciate your elaborate comments!

I quite like the cactii too. And I always try to include ammunition and such in my builds! :tongue:

Fascinating machine!

Thank you, Andrew

Such a great idea! This WZ was one of the harder I think and you just raised the bar some more! :thumbup:

I completely agree - this wasn't an easy warzone - so I am really flattered you think I raised the bar! :blush:

Great work! The cacti and ship are excellent, particularly how you angled the front of it :thumbup:

Thanks, LJ - I can honestly admit that it took more than one try to first find the right look and second design the connections to hold it in place! But I like the aggressive look I ended up with :classic:

Haha, that's a great idea :laugh: . I really like how you made the landship and the ground :thumbup:

Thank you, Balbo - I am pretty happy with it too! :thumbup:

Fantastic work, probably my favorite from you yet( Although The Eastgate defenses were really good too). Great design for the mobile fort and really nice photography!

Edited by LordDan

Superb fortification, as LJ said, the angle on the front is fantastic! :thumbup::sweet: I really like the cows underneath too! :laugh:

Brilliant concept! Got to love the use of cows, too! :grin: The sloping front looks very effective! :thumbup:

Great mobile fortification idea, and it looks quite effective :thumbup: The sand green cacti look very nice too :classic: