Mage Network Newsflash!

Desert King troops have won the battle of Petraea and have marched into the city.

See it all in your nearest magical orb!

Our "News Mage" is directly reporting from the south gate of Petraea, near the famous Temple of Poh'Sai'Dhonn, where Desert King troops are advancing as we speak:

800x740.jpg

We are standing in front of the famous twin stairs of the Temple of Poh'Sai'Dhonn which are paved with pure gold!

Man, this city is gloriously rich!

But the fleeing defenders have no time to stare at the beauty of the city...

800x561.jpg

The victorious troops are more than happy to take a look

while more and more Desert King soldiers are filing through the famous gates.

800x911.jpg

(On the very left: famous Mounted Ostrich Archers (MOA))

800x577.jpg

So this is all pretty much settled here, no surprises to be expected.

800x562.jpg

And the Desert King wins this exciting match in the second half.

(Note: Blue sky background is not meant to be part of the MOC.)

C&C welcome!

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
(pictures now on Bricksafe instead of flickr)

I really wish I had the pieces to make those columns. In any case I like the floor and... The columns lol.

Sweet looking temple! The lego background is a nice touch and I like the gold splashes and touches everywhere!

Incredible work :wub:

I love how you made the temple. Furthermore adding the background is great idea, too :thumbup:

That's a beautiful building, Captain. The columns are nice but the red roof really stands out. I like the statues on pillars and the fountain surrounded by flowers is very good. The golden staircase is brilliant. The booths on the side, back wall and gate and the tan and gold walkway are all nice touches. And there's plenty action going on. Good build overall.

That is a beautiful Temple, Captain - very imposing and aweinspiring! :thumbup:

Neat job here, the statues and temple are very nice! :thumbup:

Even though the LEGO backdrop isn't meant to be there, I think it adds a lot. :thumbup:

And it helps to support the tan & cold colours in the MOC.

The bright blue makes everything look more friendly.

Really nice temple !!! :thumbup:

Thanks, I tried to put in as much gold as possible...showing me again, how the quality of lego gold is obviously constantly changing....

Excellent work here CB, this is a gorgeous depiction of a Kaliphlin city. :thumbup: There are a ton of details to appreciate here, not even sure where to begin! The large building is superb, the roof, columns and stairs give this an excellent Greek style. The fountain is an absolutely brilliant touch, and of course the statues, market area, gate and other little details really bring this to life. I agree that the blue background gives a nice atmosphere. I also think you're right about blue backgrounds aiding with proper lighting when photographing tan. I've used a dark blue background for a lot of my tan builds and it seems to make a nice contrast as opposed to tan against white.

I think this build would have benefited from some more landscaping, even if some tan/dark tan for use as sand around the buildings and paths.

Edited by MassEditor

Fantastic! Like the small market stalls, and the temple is amazing! Really liked the small fountain with flowers around too :classic:

The fountain is an absolutely brilliant touch, and of course the statues, market area, gate and other little details really bring this to life. I agree that the blue background gives a nice atmosphere.

Thanks for noticing the fountain. :sweet:

I think this build would have benefited from some more landscaping, even if some tan/dark tan for use as sand around the buildings and paths.

That is a good point. I had the feeling that it was all becoming too much. So I cut down on landscaping and you will only see the path leading to the gates and some gray cobblestones.

But hey, you've been to that place, haven't you - it looks exactly as on my pictures! :laugh:

Fantastic! Like the small market stalls, and the temple is amazing! Really liked the small fountain with flowers around too :classic:

It was fun building the fountain with the flowers around it, etc. Then I realized it just gets lost in the overall set.