Dear all,

Here are a few pictures of a C-Model I did from the 42035 truck. When I bought the set, I thought there should be all enough to build a small motorcycle:

DSC03168-asp-small.jpg

Together with his little bro 8045-B:

DSC03153-asp-small.jpg

The motorcycle has exhaust pipe, a cap for the gas tank, some foot pegs. Pin holes of connectors mimic speedometers, 4-axle with stops suggests front lights.

The model features 3 functions:

• Direction (!)
  • One-cylinder engine driven by back wheel (16t + chain, 12t-20t)
  • Sidecar's top opens via the spare wheel (16t-16t)

For that last function, I could not use knobs as they are too bulky and prevent the top from opening wide enough. The sidecar can easily be separated from the motorcycle, as it holds by only two pins with friction. The sidecar has a small foldable sidestand. The one-cylinder engine is not centered (it is 2 studs wide, while the motorcycle is 5 studs large). The 20t is directly connected to the crank shaft, which allows the full thing to remain compact, a necessity at this scale.

Here are a few more pictures:

DSC03156-asp-small.jpgDSC03167-asp-small.jpg

DSC03166-asp-small.jpgDSC03158-asp-small.jpg

Any comment welcome!

Very well alternate. I own this set too and I also plan to rebuild it into motorbike. By the way how many parts from set did you use for building it? Was it at least half?

That's a really cool C-model, don't see very many motorbikes let alone sidecars! It looks realistic too, more so IMO than some of the official motorbike sets. Good job :classic:

Hi,

thanks for the nice comments :)

@Tomik: I have not made any CAD model yet, but I estimate the part use to 2/3 of the original set. There are a few beams and the 2 panels left, so that one can build a small ramp to play with the motorcycle...

Resurrecting this thread to show my appreciation for this fantastic little c-model. I love Technic motorcycles and the inclusion of a sidecar makes this a must-build for me. Thanks for putting this out there!