Sign in to follow this  
Schabengetier

MOC: Inspired by Petra

Hello guys,

This is my first MOC uploaded on this site. It is inspired by the historical ruins of Petra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petra) I first wanted to build kind of a model of the whole thing but then decided to just make something similar. Now it is Petra, just as I would have built it.

rePfnh.jpg

I would be thankful for any advice or suggestions on the thingy. :)

Geetings,

Schabe

Edited by Schabengetier

Very cool! Do you have any larger pictures? Is it made of yellow or is that a tan color?

It is tan, I just used the wrong camery settings :)

saAM9Z.jpg

Maybe this one? Maybe anyone can tell me what the colour of those 2*2 plates is called which I used to attach those wheels? (2*2 plate with only 1 stud on top) dark tan maybe?

Very good for a first MOC!

The plate looks like "dark tan" to me.

And this is actually what I would suggest if you want to improve this further: Try to add a second colour (dark tan would be a perfect fit, light grey could be ok) to avoid that everything is just tan.

Luckily you have added so many details that this is a very interesting MOC.

Thank you :-)

Building in some bricks of other colours was my first plan but I thought grey ones wouldn`t look right and I don` have any in dark tan (besides the ones I have built in), so I will have to inves some more money :)

My budget is low at the moment, is there any chance of getting something useful from ebay? There are tons of auctions with 1 - 100 kilos of lego...

Very nice first MOC :classic:

I really like the texturing and the use of the 'cheesecake' slopes :thumbup:

I'm looking forward seeing more of your creations!

Building in some bricks of other colours was my first plan but I thought grey ones wouldn`t look right and I don` have any in dark tan (besides the ones I have built in), so I will have to inves some more money :)

My budget is low at the moment, is there any chance of getting something useful from ebay? There are tons of auctions with 1 - 100 kilos of lego...

If you want to get some dark tan or other similar colors then use bricklink. Random lots off ebay are not likely to have large quantities of less common colors like dark tan. Of course there may be some color specific lots but bricklink is still probably more efficient.

well,Luckily you have added so many details that this is a very interesting MOC.35.gif

Edited by tufulrsed

If you want to get some dark tan or other similar colors then use bricklink. Random lots off ebay are not likely to have large quantities of less common colors like dark tan. Of course there may be some color specific lots but bricklink is still probably more efficient.

Ok then, I will show more of the moc when I have modified it with the new stuff :) And thanks a lot for the advice. :)