Sign in to follow this  
Blufiji

[WZ10: DK] Battle in the Gardens

The gardens of Petrea are surely a sight to behold. Containing a variety of plants from all over then land, the have had some of the most important present and historical figures in Historica walk through them. However today is a different story. All of Petrea is under siege from two invading armies. No section of the city is safe from the fighting, no matter how ancient and beautiful it may be. Some of the Desert King's forces are engaged in combat with the city's defenders in the beautiful gardens, while civilian casaulties mount up.

1430006580m_DISPLAY.jpg

1430006590m_DISPLAY.jpg

1430006598m_DISPLAY.jpg

1430006616m_DISPLAY.jpg

Edited by Blufiji

A brilliant 'different take' on this warzone, the floor tiling is very nice and the entire atmosphere is very garden-like! :thumbup:

The gardens are very nice and fit the look of the region perfectly. I like all the different forms of vegetation and the architectural elements are nice too. The geometric tiered outer section is beautiful and I also like the tiled floor. That's some serious action for what would usually be a very peaceful place. I pity the man in the water and I hope the woman escapes...Very good build overall.

A very good sense of peace spoiled by the horror of war. Lovely contrast. I like the water channels, that's a lot of blue studs!

Impressive work :wub:

I really like the techniques you used for the floor. Moreover the colour scheme is very nice, too :thumbup:

Beautiful garden! I love how it's framed by the water. And all the plants are in perfect position. The floor is the real highlight though.

Nice entry! It seem's to me, that this Warzone is going to be something like the ultimate Showdown. I started building for this, just today. And my Motivation is high. Very high. :grin:

So..of course I like the floor, cannn't remember where I've sawn it before.. :laugh:

The garden works very good for an oriental city, very realistic. I could imagine something like this in Kaliphlin! The green in contrast with the tan is an good coulor scheme.

While I'm probably going to be an or the(?) "Aquanaut of Kaliphlin" :laugh: , i would add trans-clear and trans-blue studs to the water parts. For sure it depends on your availability of these parts, but it's just how I like it...also some kind of better lightning would increase your presentation, and highlight your good MOC.

Regards

P.S.: (I hope I'm not to rude with my Critics, not easy to transfer it in english.)

Nice entry! It seem's to me, that this Warzone is going to be something like the ultimate Showdown. I started building for this, just today. And my Motivation is high. Very high. :grin:

So..of course I like the floor, cannn't remember where I've sawn it before.. :laugh:

The garden works very good for an oriental city, very realistic. I could imagine something like this in Kaliphlin! The green in contrast with the tan is an good coulor scheme.

While I'm probably going to be an or the(?) "Aquanaut of Kaliphlin" :laugh: , i would add trans-clear and trans-blue studs to the water parts. For sure it depends on your availability of these parts, but it's just how I like it...also some kind of better lightning would increase your presentation, and highlight your good MOC.

Regards

P.S.: (I hope I'm not to rude with my Critics, not easy to transfer it in english.)

I didn't think your critiques were rude, I appreciate them very much. I tried out white/blue studs but I just thought the clear blue studs worked better! Thanks for the critique.

To everyone else thank you for your feedback!

Wonderful MOC blufiji, gorgeous stuff indeed! The variety and amount of plant life here is incredible and really puts this build on another level. The pillars look fantastic, especially the central one that was placed off angle. Definitely one of my favorites from you, and another great DK entry that will ensure our victory in Petraea!

I have to agree with Marcu though that some better lighting would really make this build pop and bring those colors to life. I think photographing this MOC at a lower angle would have looked good too, and given it almost a "street-level" view of the scene. Nevertheless, brilliant work here sir! :thumbup:

Excellent build and fantastic foliage, Blufiji, great take on this warzone! Superb job on the tiled floor as well and the water is a great touch!

Thanks again guys, and if anyone wants to give me pointers on lighting and angling I'll take them. I'm not as good as you guys making builds "pop", though I think I've gotten a lot better.

Edited by Blufiji