Sign in to follow this  
MassEditor

[WZ7: E8, Desert King] The Battle for Queenscross

My warzone pick, if I win, is O17.

Compelled by their recent victories, the Desert King's forces marched day and night to reach Queenscross. They reached the great city just hours before the High Council army appeared. The Desert King's men swept aside the Queenscross city guard, and fortified favorable positions within the city to meet the coming High Council onslaught. One of these positions included the Well of Vlasik, named after one of the city's ancient kings. In Queenscross, where water is considered a precious commodity, officials went great lengths to accentuate its city wells. The structure around the Well of Vlasik, though completely ornamental, proved to be a valuable fighting position. A copse of blood ash trees, attracted to the well by its moisture, also provided cover for anyone occupying the small hill. A mixed squad of mummy regulars and Royal Warrioresses were tasked with the defense of the well, and pledged to hold the ground to the last soldier.

When the battle finally erupted, High Council commanders were quick to target the well - with temperatures soaring above 40 C, the High Council realized water was as important to its troops as swords. But, despite possessing a numerical advantage, the High Council soldiers were unable to push through the defensive ring surrounding the well. The Desert King's troops proved their superior training and repelled wave after wave of enemy soldiers. Yet, with each wave they saw their small number reduced even further. After countering countless attacks, the defense finally cracked. True to their word, the Desert King troops fought until none survived.

The High Council soldiers, fatigued and disillusioned by their heavy losses, were not able to celebrate the small victory. Its forces were meeting stiff resistance throughout the city, and the promised breakthrough would not be made. That evening the High Council collected their dead and wounded, and they abandoned the battle. Morale among the High Council soldiers sank, but their commanders knew they could not risk the obliteration of their army in Queenscross - larger battles were still to come.

The Desert King soldiers were surprised to find themselves in sole control of the city the next morning. It had been a lucky turn of fate, for so battered were the Desert King defenders that another large attack by the High Council would likely have pushed them out of the city. Although bards would long write of the bravery demonstrated by the Desert King's soldiers at Queenscross, those who had fought there would remember only the brutality and death of that day, and how many others would be lost in this terrible conflict.

A pic of the whole MOC, and some close ups:

17258650735_046f444970_c.jpg

17258650375_26a1c94931_z.jpg

17258650355_4a505fbb11_z.jpg

Sans-figs:

17258650015_b75193f277_z.jpg

Edited by MassEditor

Fantastic story and landscaping ME. I love those red trees!

Excellent build MassEditor, fantastic job on the architecture, trees, landscaping, and pathway! Superb minifig posing and story as well! :sweet::thumbup:

The architecture of the well is just wonderful. But the most I love about your entry is the base. I love how it raises up to a small hill and highlight the building in it's center. Great work.

Very nice way of rounding the tower! The sand and rock landscaping is also well done! :thumbup:

Wow. That combination of colors against that backdrop really stands out. The architecture is very unusual - and very good! I must echo the thought that the rounding of the tower is clever. The well is pretty basic but looks neat and clean. I really like the vegetation - both the trees and the climbing plants. And of course the minifig posing is well done.

Wow! The colors here are simply amazing, and the architecture is quite good as well! Excellent build!

Fantastic creation and story :wub: . Especially the way you made the wall is incredible. The landscaping and the trees look great, too :thumbup:

The colors flow really well here, but the things that stand out-the double layered tower and the irregular base. Great Job sir!

I don't even know what to say anymore. All of your builds are just so pretty!

The landscape colors and textures look stunning, and I :wub: how the trees are taking over the tower.