Sign in to follow this  
Spader

[G:E9 U vs. DK] Protectors of the Earth

17243583491_b26fb07b32.jpg

(POV Amir Navabi)

After traveling to the Ulandian Camp outside Petraea, I had been ordered to raid Desert King territory. The Northmen, like the mercenaries they were, refused to raid with us. They had agreed to help the siege of Petraea, nothing more, nothing less. But I was ready to serve my allies.

17056372768_7c7f442d52.jpg

We had found a Desert King Coal mine.....and we intended to destroy it. The Desert King's war machine ran on coal, and needed mines like this. The Desert King might well be able to rouse untold numbers.........but no matter how many soldiers, they needed swords. And swords required fires. Hot fires.

17244136725_289745d447.jpg

After defeating the only warrior among them, I faced him down, but there was something familiar about him..........

"Amir!" He exclaimed. "Brother!"

"Aram.....You support the Desert King?"

"Indeed, Brother, and loyally so. Like my parents."

17057948079_fd9fc54481.jpg

Then the Lieutenant called out I turned my back- as my brother attempted treachery.

16623945373_2e27b8cd9f.jpg

I twirled around, and in so doing, cut off my brother's hand. He cried out in pain, and fell, having failed in his treachery.

17218184886_8524a51c86.jpg

17056595830_ed95ac6746.jpg

We set fire to the shaft, and within minutes, it would be no more.

17056376058_ca00a68138.jpg

As the building fell apart. I was ready to leave.....then I heard a sound. I was moaning......my brother's moaning.

16621693474_2c1fb76245.jpg

"What are you doing?" The Lieutenant asked, incredulously.

17242410172_ccf34b6336.jpg

I moved his body away from death, and wrapped his wound. I had honor, where my brother had none.

17218188176_38ec6b1342.jpg

17056598700_d3cffce60d.jpg

For the Praise of His Glory!

~Andrew

Nice build Andrew, excellent job on the border and the river and coal mine look very good as well :classic::thumbup: It does seem that the river comes into being (or maybe goes out of being?) very abruptly though!

Nice build, but isn't it risky putting your main characters in guerrillas?

I totally agree with this. If you insist on doing direct attacks, then the counters logically have to involve the death of your characters because the counter has to mirror the attack.

Nice build Andrew, excellent job on the border and the river and coal mine look very good as well :classic::thumbup: It does seem that the river comes into being (or maybe goes out of being?) very abruptly though!

Yeah, there is that. Thanks!

Nice build, but isn't it risky putting your main characters in guerrillas?

Indeed, except my true main characters are the Vikings

Nice landscape!

Thanks!

I totally agree with this. If you insist on doing direct attacks, then the counters logically have to involve the death of your characters because the counter has to mirror the attack.

perhaps. Or the capture.

Very nice! I really like the base :thumbup: I do agree with Garmadon about the river though :classic:

Yep, I'll make sure to improve that.

Nice build, the color blocking on the base is well done. :thumbup:

Thanks!

Interesting concept - though, in reality, charcoal from wood was used to smelt iron for centuries before coal was widely used. The story is nice and while the photos follow closely, a little more detailing on the base would really liven this up. I just assumed the water had something to do with the mine so it doesn't look strange to me. Overall this is a neat little scene.

Nice vignette. But I have to remind that Guerilla attacks are not supposed to be direct battles. While here we have the mine as logical target for GA, I found your last attack was slightly overstepping the mark. These are high quality builds though.

Interesting concept - though, in reality, charcoal from wood was used to smelt iron for centuries before coal was widely used. The story is nice and while the photos follow closely, a little more detailing on the base would really liven this up. I just assumed the water had something to do with the mine so it doesn't look strange to me. Overall this is a neat little scene.

Thanks!

Nice vignette. But I have to remind that Guerilla attacks are not supposed to be direct battles. While here we have the mine as logical target for GA, I found your last attack was slightly overstepping the mark. These are high quality builds though.

I will bear that in mind. Thanks!

Nice work here Adair, the river/stream looks pretty good although it does seem to end quite abruptly!

Excellent work! I like the landscaping and the base. Moreover I like the kitbash minifigures you used in your creation :classic:

Nice work here Adair, the river/stream looks pretty good although it does seem to end quite abruptly!

Thanks! I'm not Adair.......

Excellent work! I like the landscaping and the base. Moreover I like the kitbash minifigures you used in your creation :classic:

Thanks!

Thanks! I'm not Adair.......

Ugh. My bad, haha, guess I saw the A and got confused! :tongue:

Nice figs! :thumbup:

Thanks!

Ugh. My bad, haha, guess I saw the A and got confused! :tongue:

It's alright, Adair and I are related after all.

The patch of dark orange looks really good, and I like the fire effect :thumbup:

Thanks! Yeah, DK Orange is awesome for landscaping.....

The fire and tower is nice and I like the base.

Thanks!