This could easily be an official set. The arcitecture and colors are very good and the design is well detailed but simple enough to work well for Ideas. The minifigs are nice too. I'd buy it if the price was right. Well done!

Wow, that looks great :wub:

I really like the build and the minifigures. The interior looks very nice, too.

Suppprted :wink:

I found this on IDEAS this morning before seeing this thread. I already supported it. It is an impressive build and I am a huge fan of historical LEGO.

This is great - hopefully the piece count can be kept to a lowish amount and there'll be a chance of it getting made?

Much love

D

I love the architectural style! :wub:

I could see this as a whole range, a variation on Lego's traditional approach to Castle sets. Something akin to the old unreleased Europa series.

You should do one featuring the Man in the Iron Mask in his cell!

This could easily be an official set. The arcitecture and colors are very good and the design is well detailed but simple enough to work well for Ideas. The minifigs are nice too. I'd buy it if the price was right. Well done!

Total of 1048 bricks including alreay 7 minifigures and accesories. I did try to contain the number of piece in order to create a 100-120 USD set. Nonetheless as it is meant to be something exclusive I did increase the number of minifigs to also increase playability.

Thanks for commenting. Cheers.

I love the architectural style! :wub:

I could see this as a whole range, a variation on Lego's traditional approach to Castle sets. Something akin to the old unreleased Europa series.

You should do one featuring the Man in the Iron Mask in his cell!

I'd love that to happen. I have two more sets almost ready to show you all.

Good idea on the iron mask dude... maybe one last set is in order :)

Total of 1048 bricks including already 7 minifigures and accessories. I did try to contain the number of piece in order to create a 100-120 USD set. Nonetheless as it is meant to be something exclusive I did increase the number of minifigs to also increase playability.

Looks beautiful! Always nice to see a new historical era. Also another great chance to see if Lego Ideas will be willing to do a set in that $100-$120 price range.

I think that they would have gladly made the Japanese Old-Style Architecture set with the ninjas for about $120, but it was just too similar to the Ninjago temples.

But this is something new, a whole new era! Great work!

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones

Looks beautiful! Always nice to see a new historical era. Also another great chance to see if Lego Ideas will be willing to do a set in that $100-$120 price range.

I think that they would have gladly made the Japanese Old-Style Architecture set with the ninjas for about $120, but it was just too similar to the Ninjago temples.

But this is something new, a whole new era! Great work!

Yep. Still a risk that price range but I think it's worthy!

Just FYI: Athos not Orthos. ;)

Orthosdontist - the tooth fairy musketeer :)

Edited by Reekardoo

So if this was to become a theme, what kinf of sets would you like to see portrayed?

I have a few concepts -

-King's carriage chase

-Road Tavern

-Street Duel

-Palais de Versailles

-Bridge secret encounter

-Docks

what do you guys think?

So if this was to become a theme, what kinf of sets would you like to see portrayed?

I have a few concepts -

-King's carriage chase

-Road Tavern

-Street Duel

-Palais de Versailles

-Bridge secret encounter

-Docks

what do you guys think?

In my ideal world, Lego would expand the motif of their castle ranges. I'd love to see a fresh wave each year focusing on a different place and time, with a little historical accuracy to keep the times distinct. Each wave could still have the same sort or price points as the traditional ranges, a large set with a castle (or similar structure), a smaller "bad guy" lair/tower/fort, a carrige/wagon, etc. Your 17th century French style would be perfect, there could be others like Feudal Japan, Ancient Rome (that always seems popular with AFOLs!), Vikings, Ancient Persia (some of those Prince of Persia sets had wonderful buildings!), Aztec pyramids, etc.

Sorry, I sort of ran away with myself a little there! :laugh:

But to get back to your question. I'd probably base the sizes and expected prices on the recent Castle ranges. Keep a focus on play and action features, and make sure to include at least a couple of minifigs in conflict, as that instantly creates narrative for kids to use in their play. I'm probably not saying anything you aren't already thinking there!

I like all the concepts you've mentioned, I could see wheeled canons and break-away sections of palace walls for a great siege set. Rescuing the Man in the Iron Mask from his cell in a smaller set. A fight at the docks with a chest on a crane to swing into figs, kicking a ladder down from some scaffolding, rolling a couple of barrels down a ramp, that kind of thing.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :grin: