UrbanErwin

[MOC][WIP] Layout with turntable

That is some great detailing. I like the open drawer next to the red chair in the last photo, the partially open cardboard boxes throughout, and the tile rails along the inspection pits.

Thank you, the mess serves a purpose, hiding the crack from the angled floor. :grin:

Good to see the brickbuild door! It looks very realistic and matches the style of the roundhouse!

Thank you :classic: (please don't quote the post with images)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Update time again :classic:

18935815459_f597863201_c.jpg

Layout update 24-06 by Erwin, on Flickr

This update inludes:

- Landscape around the roundhouse

- A small side track

The small side track is very WIP, so much I am not even sure what it will end up being :grin:

18053399773_2b7a90c899_c.jpg

Layout update 10-6-15 by Erwin, on Flickr

There is a small sand patch witch covers a big deal of the track.

18486359950_a2448bcc8c_c.jpg

Layout update 10-6-15 by Erwin, on Flickr

The roundhouse's foundations are placed today,

18501289333_c005fbdfdb_c.jpg

It is so colourful :wacko:

18934366378_f2be6b7205_c.jpg

Much better :tongue: as you can see the roundhouse is still far from finished, this is mainly because I ran out of transparant bricks and I am not quite sure how to solve it, don't worry I won't scrap it just for this reason.

19095813956_9c3a6181f5_c.jpg

View from the other side, the grey/yellow thing is a place holder for a future shed which still has to be built.

18934311458_545c547e66_c.jpg

Still to do

- Build small shed

- finish roundhouse

- finish turntable

- finish mainline

- finish storage tracks around turntable

- finish more landscape

- add vegetation and details

- wait for LUGbulk order :grin:

As always, more pictures on FLICKR, comments and critiques appreciated.

PS. The layout will probably make it's public debut (and perhaps last) on LEGO World 2015 Utrecht.

The small side track is very WIP, so much I am not even sure what it will end up being :grin:

There is a small sand patch witch covers a big deal of the track.

Looks like that spot could use a sanding tower over the sand pile

View from the other side, the grey/yellow thing is a place holder for a future shed which still has to be built.

I like the transition from wood ties to concrete in that shot... but what are those flex tracks doing there, are they permanent or just a place holder?

PS. The layout will probably make it's public debut (and perhaps last) on LEGO World 2015 Utrecht.

You are crazy with all of that hard work and great results, but some of the most beautiful art lasts only a moment.

It looks very cool! I like the wall and the windows of the roundhouse! Can't wait to see the finished layout!

@Zephyr:

- a sanding tower was also suggestef by someone on Flickr but to be honest, I have no idea what that is and how it looks.

- thank you, the flex track is because of the half straight track which is needed there, my budget is too small to cut a straight piece of track in half. I will add some conductive tape on it.

- the hard work is what makes it fun :) and it will be sad that will be taken apart, but having to buy all my bricks again because I don't have anymore is also sad.

@Gabor:

Thank you!

Edited by UrbanErwin

- a sanding tower was also suggestef by someone on Flickr but to be honest, I have no idea what that is and how it looks.

Trains use sand to brake, at least they used to, but I think most still have sand or something like it to make braking much more effective in case of an emergency.

Sanding towers are not that big, but make it easy to fill the sand-boxes on trains.

train sanding tower

Update time!

It has been a while since I updated my progress over here. But since the last update there have been quite some additions to the layout.

21382013818_664e4173a2_c.jpg

Work in Prodgress update 20-0-2015 by Erwin, on Flickr

21558579612_ef4715f3cc_c.jpg

Work in Prodgress update 20-0-2015 by Erwin, on Flickr

21291423672_1544f62094_c.jpg

Update 10 September WIP by Erwin, on Flickr

20679383944_decee8477c_c.jpg

Update 10 September WIP by Erwin, on Flickr

And an upgraded turning mechanism for the turntable.

20195169753_b658b9c18a_c.jpg

Update time by Erwin, on Flickr

And now back to building, just 31 days left untill LEGOWorld Utrecht 2015 so I have still plenty to do.

And as always, comments, critics, verbal abuse and suggestions are welcome and more photo's on Flickr

Looks amazing! (just like your last one) Also do you have any more photos or maybe a blog post on that yellow depressed flatcar? I would love to see more of it.

Wow!

I've totally missed the round house and your pictures are amazing and very inspiring!

The internal details are the icing on the cake: I really love them :wub

You're an hunter of perfection!!! :classic:

Looking at this makes me want to build my engine shed again! The turntable is my favorite part though!

Thank you :classic:

Looks amazing! (just like your last one) Also do you have any more photos or maybe a blog post on that yellow depressed flatcar? I would love to see more of it.

Thank you, I am a bit behind on making pictures of my trains, so I will take some proper pictures of them when the layout is finished.

Wow!

I've totally missed the round house and your pictures are amazing and very inspiring!

The internal details are the icing on the cake: I really love them :wub

You're an hunter of perfection!!! :classic:

Thank you very much :classic:

You should get to The Netherlands one time so we can run your 8steam) engines on the layout.

This is awesome!

Thanks

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Today's update

My LUGbulk order arrived yesterday, so I could finish the grand curve and the corner. Now the only thing left are the turntable and some small buildings.

21137271783_a961e2e3fc_c.jpg

Layout update 27 september by Erwin, on Flickr

21571439069_054fabe861_c.jpg

Layout update 27 september by Erwin, on Flickr

Looks great. Whish I could come around to have a look!

Hope there is pictures and video after the show. :-)

Looks fantastic. I will be on holidays so unfortunately I won't be able to see it in real life. But you will provide us with the necessary pictures I presume.

Looks great. Whish I could come around to have a look!

Hope there is pictures and video after the show. :-)

Looks fantastic. I will be on holidays so unfortunately I won't be able to see it in real life. But you will provide us with the necessary pictures I presume.

Thank you both :classic:

I will make a separate topic where I will collect all the footage of the entire layout after the event.

Thank you both :classic:

I will make a separate topic where I will collect all the footage of the entire layout after the event.

That's a great idea! And I recommend everyone to visit Legoworld Utrecht.