Sign in to follow this  
Graham Gidman

[SoNE Ep. VIII] Tracking Podracers

Grahaym tracks podracers while practicing to gain information on their speed and equipment before the next race.

17193172706_0297df5f90_c.jpg

Edited by Graham Gidman

I really started to like these kind of bases and I think it's very well made. I do prefer smoother lines so I'd sugest the side "steps" to not be larger than one stud on one side or even use some more wedged or curved plates at the lowest level. The dark tan and tan combination makes a very nice combination and is used just in the right way. It makes a feel of some sand piled on a more solid ground. The podracer itself is a bit less interesting but not bad at all. I do imagine the majority might want to use as many different original round molds for the engines as possible and I guess LBG has the biggest selection. Maybe adding some more dark blue pieces to the engine and making the car mostly in that color might look better. I'd also swap the thin ropes with any kind of a bit thicker hoses and fill the hole on the side with the half pin with stud adding a 1x1 round plate / tile on that. I like the fire coming out of the engines at the front part. The Jawa is a cool addition, maybe a tusken raider would fit in there too? Just some of my sugestions but a very strong entry overall!

Great work, that base plate is very good and those I really like those engines.

Yes, really great work!

The Podrace looks nice and the landscape is also well done :thumbup:.

markus

Could not agree more with the others - there kind of bases look really good.

But what does Jawa do here? :classic:

Thanks for the comments, guys! :wink:

I really started to like these kind of bases and I think it's very well made. I do prefer smoother lines so I'd sugest the side "steps" to not be larger than one stud on one side or even use some more wedged or curved plates at the lowest level. The dark tan and tan combination makes a very nice combination and is used just in the right way. It makes a feel of some sand piled on a more solid ground. The podracer itself is a bit less interesting but not bad at all. I do imagine the majority might want to use as many different original round molds for the engines as possible and I guess LBG has the biggest selection. Maybe adding some more dark blue pieces to the engine and making the car mostly in that color might look better. I'd also swap the thin ropes with any kind of a bit thicker hoses and fill the hole on the side with the half pin with stud adding a 1x1 round plate / tile on that. I like the fire coming out of the engines at the front part. The Jawa is a cool addition, maybe a tusken raider would fit in there too? Just some of my sugestions but a very strong entry overall!

Thanks for the advice! I wish I did have a Tusken Raider to use, but I haven't gotten that set yet... :hmpf_bad:

Could not agree more with the others - there kind of bases look really good.

But what does Jawa do here? :classic:

Stand around and look awesome, of course. :grin: Actually, he was just a new character of mine and I wanted to use him in something. Edited by Graham Gidman

Great base! I know it's been said already, but it needed to be said again!