In the last couple of months I have, amongst other projects, been working on the rerelease of Truck T12. Because the detachable gooseneck lowboy "Trailer Tr4 MkII" can be combined with my previously released trucks and with Technic set 8258 it is why I released it first. Instructions for this lowboy have been asked so many times that I thought it would make sense to start with it. Normally I start with a truck followed by a trailer to join it.

Model "Truck T12 MkII" and is build after the Mack Granite with LEGO® in scale 1:17,5 and motorized using LEGO® Power Functions. It is a model of a Mack Granite 6x4 day cab truck. Both the looks and specifications are adjusted to match lowboy ”Trailer Tr4 MkII” and the optional jeep and booster ”Trailer Tr4 MkII Add1”. This rather heavy lowboy trailer combination, which might include a load, requires some extra power.Even though this truck is designed to go with ”Trailer Tr4 MkII” plus ”Trailer Tr4 MkII Add1” lowboy combination in the first place, it doesn’t necessarily mean it can't be used with other available trailers as well. If you prefer to give it a flat bed or log trailer, you are free to do so!

If a different trailer is used it might be useful to give this truck's drivetrain a various gear setup. For this a separate PDF file is available that tells you what gear reductions to use with which trailer. It also shows you how to do so. Evidently the torque will be reduced, but with lighter weight trailers that is no problem at all.

This Mack Granite model is powered by a Mack MP8 engine which is visible with the hood opened. This power source is an inline 6 cylinder engine with a displacement of 13.0 L. The horsepower range is from 425 up to 505 HP and this engine has a torque range from 1570 to 1760.

You could build it yourself, building instructions and inventory/parts list are available. You will be very excited from the moment you start the build of "Truck T12 MkII" till you finish it with about 360 different parts totaling 1900 pieces.

PICT00.JPG

PICT01c.JPG

PICT03a.JPG

PICT03b2.JPG

PICT10.JPG

PICT05b.JPG

PICT05c.JPG

PICT07a.JPG

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

Looking good, love the renderings, you can see the work it went into details and mechanics. Well done!

Looks great mate, but my first impressions from this truck is of it being a Mack Vision.

evldog-cover.jpg

Either way it looks great, can't wait for the video :classic:

Well, to start with: thanks for the kind words to all, it is great that you guys recognize the effort I put in :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::wub:

This build was great, I really loved every minute of it, well almost :blush: Jamming it all in there and keeping the looks up as well was challenging! Never the less I am very happy with how it turned out...

great model, it's cool to see how packed it is on the inside.

It is packed indeed and still the driver has a seat to sit on :grin: To work with all the PF cables was sometimes a little irritating, but worth the effort...

Looking good, love the renderings, you can see the work it went into details and mechanics. Well done!

Thanks buddy! Yeah the renders are great and that for me is a new dimension to displaying my models. Not especially renders of the model itself, but more to show the inside.

Looks great mate, but my first impressions from this truck is of it being a Mack Vision.

Either way it looks great, can't wait for the video :classic:

You are right is looks like the Vision, but it is not... :wink:

First of all the cabin itself is for both the Vision and Granite exactly the same. It comes to the hood to see the differences. There even is a Granite model that looks even more like the Vision. Developing and designing a model I always start in Yellow. Right now I have both a Vision and Granite in Yellow siting in my glass showcase, well only the cabines to be precise. This I did to establish the differences between both types of trucks. Also do I have planes to release a Mack Vision someday.

What I can do is, if you are interested anyways :classic: taking a pictures showing both to find out the differences.

About the video, working on right now... :laugh:

Awesome. The hood and mudguards are very well done

Both the hood and mudguards have been challenging. To get it done I used a lot of half stud and half plate offsets with headlight bricks, brackets and do on... Thanks!

You are right is looks like the Vision, but it is not... :wink:

First of all the cabin itself is for both the Vision and Granite exactly the same. It comes to the hood to see the differences. There even is a Granite model that looks even more like the Vision. Developing and designing a model I always start in Yellow. Right now I have both a Vision and Granite in Yellow siting in my glass showcase, well only the cabines to be precise. This I did to establish the differences between both types of trucks. Also do I have planes to release a Mack Vision someday.

What I can do is, if you are interested anyways :classic: taking a pictures showing both to find out the differences.

Sounds like you've done your homework :wink:

Yeah it would be interesting to see a comparison between the two, on another note could I give you a request for a future build. When you are next looking for a truck to build I would like to see a Mack CH688:

15912878713_505029eec2.jpg

They're a few years old now but they look pretty nice and have good curves for having a bit of challenge without being impossible. I have been wanting to build one myself but have been lacking the parts to do it. Not too worried if you don't make it but I would love to see what magic you could work with it :laugh:

This is such a wonderful truck!

I look forward to build one myself!

This is such a wonderful truck!

I look forward to build one myself!

Thanks! :blush: That is nice and your support is very much appreciated! :thumbup::wub:

Sounds like you've done your homework :wink:

Yeah it would be interesting to see a comparison between the two, on another note could I give you a request for a future build. When you are next looking for a truck to build I would like to see a Mack CH688:

They're a few years old now but they look pretty nice and have good curves for having a bit of challenge without being impossible. I have been wanting to build one myself but have been lacking the parts to do it. Not too worried if you don't make it but I would love to see what magic you could work with it :laugh:

Yes, I did :wink: It is a habit of mine to do so. When I start building for example this Granite, I want to be able to build a Vision (lately changed to Pinnacle BTW) and eventually the "mighty" Titan as well. So while building one such model I also investigate the others, for example what are the differences...

You are Australian by any chance? If so, that Owens truck you showed us, are there more pictures available? This truck caught my eye a couple of Months ago surfing the Internet. Unfortunately there are no more pictures for me to find.

Nice truck that Mack CH688! Did not see one before. Again the cabin is the same again :classic: so we are half way :laugh: Well maybe I'll one someday, you have to realize I do have so many plans that I wonder if I get old enough to build them all... :sceptic: How about 140 years?

Maybe you can start the build someday anyways. If I may suggest use my instructions to build the cabin and the hood and start alternating it, just a thought...

These are the pictures that shows the differences. Notice the vision has no sun visor. The rest of the cabin is exactly the same, except for the mirrors.

IMG_0740.JPG

IMG_0741.JPG

You are Australian by any chance? If so, that Owens truck you showed us, are there more pictures available? This truck caught my eye a couple of Months ago surfing the Internet. Unfortunately there are no more pictures for me to find.

Nice truck that Mack CH688! Did not see one before. Again the cabin is the same again :classic: so we are half way :laugh: Well maybe I'll one someday, you have to realize I do have so many plans that I wonder if I get old enough to build them all... :sceptic: How about 140 years?

I'm a New Zealander so next country over from Australia and IMO better :wink: I can indeed find some more pictures where that came from, do you want more of Owens Mack Visions or just Visions or Owens trucks in general? I reckon that 140 years is a pretty big ask given what your list of wants must be! Better get to work on building that list so in 140 years I can see it :grin: Those cabs do look very similar indeed :wink: The main difference would have to be the slightly gentler slope on the bonnet of the vision/Pinnacle and the different headlights. Good on ya and keep up the good work :classic:

I'm a New Zealander so next country over from Australia and IMO better :wink: I can indeed find some more pictures where that came from, do you want more of Owens Mack Visions or just Visions or Owens trucks in general? I reckon that 140 years is a pretty big ask given what your list of wants must be! Better get to work on building that list so in 140 years I can see it :grin: Those cabs do look very similar indeed :wink: The main difference would have to be the slightly gentler slope on the bonnet of the vision/Pinnacle and the different headlights. Good on ya and keep up the good work :classic:

Well what I've from New Zealand is amazing, mainly watching the Lord of the Rings movies :wink:

If possible more pics of that specific Owens Mack Vision you showed a couple of replies up. That truck really impresses me, I fell for it, could be a Transformer movie truck as well :wub:

Yes the cabs are indeed and for the hoods. You are right about it and the Vision also has a set back axle so the headlights are sloped as is the front bumper, this all to increase visibility. FYI there even is a Granite with a "Granite" bonnet but with "Vision" alike fenders. Here is a image of the GU813 that shows that clearly:

mack_granite_axle_back_gu813_6x4_2011-44338.jpg

Will I build one of someday too :grin: You start to know me I guess :tongue:

If possible more pics of that specific Owens Mack Vision you showed a couple of replies up. That truck really impresses me, I fell for it, could be a Transformer movie truck as well :wub:

Here are a couple of websites that might be of interest to your search, the carjam website has all the main information on the specific truck (Numberplate search :wink:) and the other havs some photos and information on the truck and the work it does. If you need any more images/information just let me know, when I find more I'll add them to here :classic: Enjoy!

http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=evldog

http://www.xtrucking.co.nz/content/evil-dog

Here are a couple of websites that might be of interest to your search, the carjam website has all the main information on the specific truck (Numberplate search :wink:) and the other havs some photos and information on the truck and the work it does. If you need any more images/information just let me know, when I find more I'll add them to here :classic: Enjoy!

http://www.carjam.co...r/?plate=evldog

http://www.xtrucking...ontent/evil-dog

Thanks mate, useful it is!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: That container trailer is amazing as well, it has inspired me already :blush::laugh:

And...more is always better, so please if you find any add them... :wink:

Ordered this weekend my missing parts.

So ready to watch my mailbox every day for the arrival of those parts and then I can finally try to build this supertruck.

As trailer I'm thinking about building 2 axle dump trailer...but I'm a bit in doubt about how to do/construct the boom function in order to get a reasonable lift in height.

Just WOW, how do you do it!!! This truck is awesome, great detail and I love the look. All those small parts really make a difference! You always out-do yourself on your models. I am not sure that your models can get much better, but then again, your next one will probably be better haha. anyway, great job and keep up the GREAT work!

Ordered this weekend my missing parts.

So ready to watch my mailbox every day for the arrival of those parts and then I can finally try to build this supertruck.

As trailer I'm thinking about building 2 axle dump trailer...but I'm a bit in doubt about how to do/construct the boom function in order to get a reasonable lift in height.

Great that you are about to build it! You will love it, I am sure of that :wink: Thanks for your support!

That would be great, a dump trailer. What you describe as the challenge is exactly why I did not get to it yet. How to achieve that, that is indeed the question... :wacko: Well keep us in the loop, as soon as you have any progress I really would love to see it!!! :thumbup::wub:

Just WOW, how do you do it!!! This truck is awesome, great detail and I love the look. All those small parts really make a difference! You always out-do yourself on your models. I am not sure that your models can get much better, but then again, your next one will probably be better haha. anyway, great job and keep up the GREAT work!

Yes, I absolutely agree on those small parts really making a difference. For me both modeling the specific looks of a truck and giving it as much detail as possible is my main goal. With smaller parts I am able to get closer to the looks of the real thing... Thank for the kind words! As far as I'm concerned I will keep it up for sure... :thumbup::wink:

That would be great, a dump trailer. What you describe as the challenge is exactly why I did not get to it yet. How to achieve that, that is indeed the question... :wacko: Well keep us in the loop, as soon as you have any progress I really would love to see it!!! :thumbup::wub:

I think I've found a way to make it work with just one linear actuator, but it will need to be mounted beneath the dump "container".

It will also be a challenge to make it appear not too technic. So I'm currently thinking about not using any technic panels beside maybe part 62531 for making the turn towards upside of the dump "container".

Currently I'm thinking making the dump "container" light blue with the side panels in dark blue.

I think those colors will do great with the orange.

Any suggestions are welcome!

I think I've found a way to make it work with just one linear actuator, but it will need to be mounted beneath the dump "container".

It will also be a challenge to make it appear not too technic. So I'm currently thinking about not using any technic panels beside maybe part 62531 for making the turn towards upside of the dump "container".

Currently I'm thinking making the dump "container" light blue with the side panels in dark blue.

I think those colors will do great with the orange.

Any suggestions are welcome!

The thing is that the use of Technic parts might make the tipper ("container") lighter in weight. Also do I understand your approach of not making it appear to Technic. So there is a dilemma in this!

Well my guts tell met that a single linear actuator will not do the job. If I would attempt to build something like this I probably would go for a gear rack. You can make it both as long and as strong as you like. The actuator has a limited force it can handle, by doubling you can extend this force, but still...?

This color combination sound "strong". Great and I am really getting excited about it. The frame will probably in the same DBG color as the frame of the truck I suppose?

I fooled a bit around yesterday with some random parts.

Making the tipper with plates on the sides with snot is possible, but I assume to encounter some other issues :

1) attaching the unloader valve

2) the inside of the tipper wont be smooth on the sides

3) attaching the sides to the front would be horrible

Just using a normal "build" will be presumably be the easiest, but maybe not the approach that will be nice to see.

The weight can be handled by using part 60581.

Nevertheless I think your gut has it right and I better go for two actuators. What do you mean with gear rack?

Yeah the frame will be also in DBG. I think I will be using your flatbed as solid base to start. The axles need just to be a bit more together.

That is the best way to start, fooling around and see what is needed!

1) This will not be a big problem I guess

2) Yes, you are right about that! It is less important then the outside, but if you want it to be functional it has to be at lease a little bit smooth...

3) Why would it be horrible to attach sides to front when you go for SNOT? If you make the front SNOT as well you can use brackets for example to "glue" them together.

Well there are a couple of builders who build tippers "normal". You have to add some detail to make it look realistic, but it is possible. Me myself would go for SNOT to be honest, not knowing whether this is the best. Again, it is my gut that tells me this... :wink:

A gear rack is basically a plate with teeth, a linear gear instead of it being round. It is for example used for LEGO sets steering systems. For example this part: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=64781

Again this one is limited, but there are also 1x4 plates with which you can assemble a larger gear rack...

Also available in Yellow, a solid color that makes it easier for you to change it in any other solid color you like!

Again no video yet, but will be available soon! This video will show both the Orange and the Yellow version of this truck.

Cheers, Ingmar Spijkhoven

PICT01c.JPG

PICT05c.JPG

PICT14.JPG

PICT07a.JPG

I told you, You did it again! Sure it is the same truck, but It still looks great, haha. I do have a question. The truck before I didn't really look, but I noticed it has L motor for drive. Does this new truck go faster than the older version of the Granite truck? Or is it geared down to the same as the L motors??

Again, great job and hopefully i can be s god as you on day, I my dreams haha

I told you, You did it again! Sure it is the same truck, but It still looks great, haha. I do have a question. The truck before I didn't really look, but I noticed it has L motor for drive. Does this new truck go faster than the older version of the Granite truck? Or is it geared down to the same as the L motors??

Again, great job and hopefully i can be s god as you on day, I my dreams haha

Yes it is the same truck :wink: Thanks again for the kind words! :classic: About being "as good", you know we all have our stronger capabilities and I did spend an awful lot of time to do the things I do to day. With other words it is a process and it still continues. So, yes the next truck might be "better"... :blush::laugh:

About the motors: I did a little research and found out that a double L Motor and geared down with the use of 12T and 20T gears it delivers about the same power/torque as a single XL Motor. With the single XL solution I used before I did have some issues to transfer the power without the XL displacing it self and/or slipping gears. Now with on both sides of the frame a L Motor distributes the stress in the driveline much better. This to give you a pictures of how and why. :sweet:

Yes, it is slightly faster, but that is only because of the difference in gears I used. The great thing about this model is that is can be configured with three different gear setups. The slowest which is also the strongest is best to be used with the lowboy trailer. It goes from a 8T gear to a 24T gear. The second options is to use the above mentioned gearing of 12T and 20T gears. Finally it can be configured with two 16T gears which gives a 1:1 ratio and is the fasted. This last options lacks power, but is fun because it is faster... :tongue: