Sign in to follow this  
robuko

[G:J13 DK vs U] Thieves in the Temple

King's Brother Joson Jofik has tried and summarily executed the corrupt priest for apostasy, heresy, and stealing the wealth of the village. Now he brings up the ill gotten loot from the crypt, and distributes it amongst the grateful local population. The age of theft and tyranny is over.

"It's your money, citizen. With the compliments of the Desert King"

16588854223_4baf104e37_z.jpg

Great! That's the build we've been waiting for- Desert King shoows his benevolence :)

The temple is wonderful. I love the roof.

That's an excellent combination of architecture and colors. White columns are always nice and the orange really makes them stand out. The treasure is a well-placed detail. And of course the roof is superb. Keep it up!

Woah, that roof is doing crazy things to my eyes! Those are all white cheeses, right? :thumbup:

Fantastic build robuko, superb roof especially! :sweet::thumbup:

Great looking temple facade, the colors and architecture look perfect. The roof in particular is quite striking, great idea with that design! :thumbup: Excellent build and GA idea. Looks like the Desert King is winning the hearts and minds of the Kaliphlin people. That is what this war is about!

Thank you all for your kind comments. This was going to be a building for my Petraea scene but I don't have space for it so it's independent now. The roof design and columns came from Goliath's suggestion that we should have more neoclassical buildings in Kaliphlin. Initially the building was dark blue and sand blue, I think this scheme works better with dark orange and dark tan, but it really needs the brown detailing. The roof is all cheese but now I see it on camera the white bits would have looked better as tiles. Also I should have cut out one dark orange row from the top, it's funny how differently things present when they are photographed compared to in the brick, mostly in this case because of the difference between camera angle and natural line of sight.

I am moving the GA square to J15 as Hammerhand had already attacked J13 for the DK