One day occasionaly i found interesting thing - 3 wheeled Bell loader

DSC_7260-email.jpg

nad then i made something similar to it, because i made it full RC with 4 motors

M and L for driving ( i don't have two of one type, but those have the same rpm and power also is almost the same)

XL for manipulator

servo for switching between lifting arm and that thing which grabs logs

IMG_2348.JPG

IMG_2351.JPG

IMG_2352.JPG

IMG_2355.JPG

Edited by Jurss

Wow, never seen a machine like that before. You managed to reconstruct the shape very well. Works great too. Only think I would change is use afree running 20 tooth gear on the claws.

Very well done. I especially like how you used the servo to switch functions!

Thank You all. It was also for me surprise, that something clever enegineered like that exists. That thing is so simple and at the same time so functional, manouvrable etc.

Wow, never seen a machine like that before. You managed to reconstruct the shape very well. Works great too. Only think I would change is use afree running 20 tooth gear on the claws.

Change to what?

Thank You all. It was also for me surprise, that something clever enegineered like that exists. That thing is so simple and at the same time so functional, manouvrable etc.

Change to what?

A free running 20 tooth bewel gear.

OK, i think i understood now, which one is it. I didn't us it, because then there should be some axle, which goes through, and then there would be very short end for that axle, which goes down. That axle at some point is slipping off. I allready lost one yellow 1/2 bush. Now there is only one, so i could see, if something slips off. There would be better to use some 6m cross axle with stop. I have 5m and then and 8m. And i see, that Lego doesn't have somthing between. Or then i have to make something very different. I think, i tried also 4508553: Cross Axle 5,5 With Stop 1M, but ir remember, that this wasn't enogh, but by lenght, it seems, taht it should fit.

I also found, that there are longer (they looked so) Bell loders. I thing, that i'll make my longer, to fit better all motors.

Edited by Jurss

OK, i made it so, but now some gears jumps over, and now i have only one 1/2 bush on the bottom

IMG_2357.JPG

Pretty cool model! :thumbup: I too haven't seen one of these before!

Regarding the gear slippage, you need to brace the 12 tooth bevel gear on the arm better. As it is now, it is quite frankly terrible.. I'll try to put something together in LDD to show you what I mean

EDIT:

Try something like this:

640x328.jpg

You might need some additional bracing in the transverse ditection as well, alternately use 5L thin liftarms with axle hole ends instead of the 7L liftarms. That should probably give you enough strength for most pratical purposes

Edited by D3K

With previous version i didn't had slipage problem, but yes, that wasn't also the best solution. I didn't wanted to make it longer, so i used 5L.

Small improvement

before (driving forward, it stayed on some 5 degrees, angle close to that on picture)

IMG_2358.JPG

after

IMG_2359.JPG

Interesting find and great implementation. I think I've seen some forklifts in the same sort of configuration used for moving skids of grass sod off trucks.